The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-05-2020

Generic she may be, but there is something very cute about her face, and it looks like her outfit might actually be made of fabric and not paper. Definitely a lot nicer looking than some of the generic dolls for sale around here.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-06-2020

(03-05-2020, 11:06 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Generic she may be, but there is something very cute about her face, and it looks like her outfit might actually be made of fabric and not paper. Definitely a lot nicer looking than some of the generic dolls for sale around here.

She almost came home! If she's still there the next time I visit that particular market, that may happen!

[Image: march5.jpg]
5 March – 21st Century Toys "Ultimate Soldier" Jeep and Military Action Figures

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 03-06-2020

Oh wow, this one is brilliant! Everything about it is brilliant. Setting is brilliant, posing is brilliant, lighting is brilliant, composition is brilliant, scale and perspective are brilliant. Brilliant. Did I mention it's brilliant? It's brilliant.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 03-06-2020

I love it too —You get some fantastic perspective in your shots. Are they delivering a package? Is that a customs label? What’s in it?? Dolly stuff?
Agree that if you get “Mary Ann” you will have to get a Ginger. wink

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 03-06-2020

The perspective is great with this one,

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-06-2020

Like the others have said this shot is fantastic. The forced perspective helps to give off the feeling of... I'm going with annoyance, seeing as how they're stuck (it seems)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-07-2020

More Army Guy action:

[Image: march6.jpg]
6 March – Special Delivery

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 03-07-2020

Ooooh, another amazingly brilliant one! This isn't a daily dolly photo anymore, this is Art! With capital A!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-07-2020

Ooh, I wonder what the delivery is!

But I have to agree with neon, this is Art!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-08-2020

What the parcel contained:

[Image: march7.jpg]
7 March – GI Joe Adventure Team Talking Commander - circa 1970s

One of the chaps (most of them live in England, so I have to refer to them as 'chaps' or 'lads' or ' 'oy, you lot!') on the Action Man Mobile Ops forum sent me this vintage (circa mid- to late-1970s) GI Joe Adventure Team Talking Commander figure more or less out of the blue, totally unex˙pected. Swell group of (mostly) guys on that forum. The forum is primarily dedicated to 12-inch / 1:6 scale GI Joe and Action Man (as he was called in the UK) figures from Hasbro and Palitoy, with other 12-inch action figures also present to a lesser degree.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 03-08-2020

He looks a bit like Bob Ross in an army uniform, which makes me chuckle... What a cool gift!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-08-2020

Oh, wow, vintage Action Man. I haven't seen any of them in ages. I don't even think they make them anymore! I do have to agree with the Bin Rose comparison, but yeah, that is a really cool gift to be given. Sounds like a cool forum to hang out in.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 03-08-2020

Cool. What a great and thoughtful gift. Your friend must have known that this guy would fit right in with your crew. I thought of you today while visiting a little toy museum… They had a couple of Action Man figures. Does this vintage guy still talk? What does he say?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 03-08-2020

Congrats on new member of the crew!

(03-08-2020, 10:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: He looks a bit like Bob Ross in an army uniform, which makes me chuckle... What a cool gift!

LOL Gives the quote "we don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents" a whole new meaning, does it not?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 03-08-2020

(03-08-2020, 10:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: He looks a bit like Bob Ross in an army uniform, which makes me chuckle...
davidd, I think you’ll have to shoot a picture of this guy painting a happy little tree. xp LOL