The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-08-2020

The photostory is awsome, but the restrictions... I'd call them ridiculous, if they weren't so destructive. Do they think that killing the economy and not letting people have incomes will really help?

It's as if there was an illness that could cause you to lose two toes, so you cut both your legs at knees to prevent that. I'm not in favor of letting the virus run rampant without taking any measures, but if said measures cause more damage than the original problem, what's the point?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-09-2020

(04-08-2020, 07:01 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Do they think that killing the economy and not letting people have incomes will really help?

I am convinced that this is an intentional plan to turn the entire world in to a totalitarian state and to transfer the wealth of the working class in to the hands of the ultra-elite. Seems to me like we're well on the way down that road, and the restrictions are only becoming worse.
Further restrictions, on travel, announced here in this state tonight, even though rates of infection are slowing. In theory, the right of free travel is guaranteed under the U.S. constitution, the highest law in the land, but most states have now implemented extreme travel restrictions. Are your papers in order? Sieg heil!
Very, very frightening at this point.

Speaking of frightening, how about another visit from one of the denizens of the Uncanny Valley?

[Image: april8.jpg]
8 April – TBLeague S07C figure

Their heads don't sit quite right on the necks, do they?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 04-09-2020

They do have very broad shoulders, though.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-09-2020

H-Hello, S07C, uh, ...nice... to... be stared at by you again...

The level of detail on these is amazing, and the hidden joints are intriguing, but, uh... Sorry, I have to go now.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-09-2020

The head looks too low on the neck. At least in comparison with most 1:6 scale figures. It's odd when you notice it.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-10-2020

(04-09-2020, 03:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: They do have very broad shoulders, though.

If you mean "the arms stick out too far at the sides, giving them enormous wing-like armpits," then yes, I agree!  LOL

(04-09-2020, 05:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: H-Hello, S07C, uh, ...nice... to... be stared at by you again...

The level of detail on these is amazing, and the hidden joints are intriguing, but, uh... Sorry, I have to go now.

And people used to think those antique, blankly staring bisque dolls were creepy! 

(04-09-2020, 08:43 PM)werepuppy Wrote: The head looks too low on the neck. At least in comparison with most 1:6 scale figures. It's odd when you notice it.

Yes, the head placement is odd, and it's difficult to get right. The heads pop on and off, so they can be swapped and switched, but it seems like all the different heads are slightly different sizes, so it's challenging to find one that matches the scale of the body, and even more challenging to find one that matches the color tone of the body. Then getting the head placement correct is even more difficult. I'm beginning to wish that this passing fancy had passed more quickly. Oh well, I suppose there's some amusement potential here if I can find it.

[Image: april9b.jpg]
9 April – TBLeague S29B Figure with Cat Toys head

Oh, yeah, almost forgot: DAY 100... and National Unicorn Day.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 04-10-2020

This one looks like a badass version of someone “cutesy“ that I know. LOL
I dunno... i’m not really getting a creepy vibe from her… The facial details seem pretty good. Yes her neck is a little short. Her arms look a bit rubbery; that would probably bother me more, photographically...

(04-10-2020, 03:19 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Her arms look a bit rubbery; that would probably bother me more, photographically...

Yeah, the elbows are creepy. Challenging to arrange them so they look good... or not icky... in photos.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-10-2020

You know, the floating head doesn't give me the same creeps the other two do, she's not staring at me. At least not from this photo. Is she going to a unicorn hunt?

(04-10-2020, 07:21 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You know, the floating head doesn't give me the same creeps the other two do, she's not staring at me. At least not from this photo. Is she going to a unicorn hunt?

I had even made a note on my list... I'm not keeping a spreadsheet, but I am managing to keep a daily photo list so far this year... that today was both Day 100 and National Unicorn Day, but obviously I utterly failed to do anything special with today's photo even though I had written things down.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-10-2020

(04-10-2020, 07:41 AM)davidd Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 07:21 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You know, the floating head doesn't give me the same creeps the other two do, she's not staring at me. At least not from this photo. Is she going to a unicorn hunt?

I had even made a note on my list... I'm not keeping a spreadsheet, but I am managing to keep a daily photo list so far this year... that today was both Day 100 and National Unicorn Day, but obviously I utterly failed to do anything special with today's photo even though I had written things down.

Ah, so the gun isn't for unicorn hunt. It is, by the way, also a Cherish An Antique Day, but I didn't do anything antique-unicorny because of Day 100. But next year (I know, I know, I'm not doing this on purpose, not at all... teehee.) the Day 100 will fall on April 10, so I'll do something then.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 04-10-2020

LOL, I thought she was going on a unicorn hunt, too, and thought that was a wee bit... dark.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-10-2020

This lass seems a lot more serious. Whatever her hunt is, she's ready for it

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 04-10-2020

I didn’t know it was Unicorn Day, so didn’t think she was hunting them until everyone else mentioned it.

Now u can’t get it out of my head.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 04-10-2020

Do the Pegasi also get their own day?