The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 04-17-2020

(04-17-2020, 03:16 AM)davidd Wrote:
Doctor Evil has spent much of his quarantine time perusing mail order catalogue offerings from Orvis and L.L. Bean.

Haha.  Great setting here!
Maybe DynAmelia and Daesani should meet up and exchange I-wrecked-my-hair stories LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 04-17-2020

Dr Evil is using his isolation time productively.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-17-2020

Dr Evil is looking very impressive. so the question must be - who does he want to impress?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-18-2020

Tonight on A DOLL A DAY 2020: TEDDY BEAR RESCUE!

Today, when hauling a load of rubbish to the local refuse transfer station, I spotted this tragic scene: a forlorn teddy bear trapped at the bottom of a rubbish dumpster!

[Image: april17a.jpg]
17 April – Trapped While Dumpster Diving!

With quick thinking and a bit of clever manipulation with a garden rake, Teddy was saved! Within a few minutes he was safely ensconced in the car.
A little bit of brushing should have him looking as good as new!

[Image: april17b.jpg]
Safe and Sound!

[Image: april17c.jpg]
Special Edition - 100th Anniversary

Little Lost Teddy, who, in actuality, isn't so little, turns out to be a "special edition" release for the 100th anniversary of the original Teddy Bear. That means Teddy, here, dates back to 2002, over eighteen years ago! He was manufactured by a company called Dan Dee. There are hundreds of similar Dan Dee Anniversary Bears for sale on eBay right now, so there's not a lot of financial value to Mr. Bear. But he's so cute! How could someone have so callously tossed him in to a dumpster?

Online photos suggest that this bear originally sported a dark green ribbon tied in a bow around his neck. There was no sign of the ribbon in the dumpster, but Bear is in good shape, with no gooey trash bin stuff on him, just some light dust that will brush out easily.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 04-18-2020

Good on you for rescuing an abandoned teddy.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 04-18-2020

Aw! Yay for a rescue... and a safe ride home all belted in!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 04-18-2020

YAAAY! Who would throw such a nice bear away? Ugh, people are so wasteful.
Awesome that you rescued him. I'm sure a new ribbon won't be too hard to find, and I bet some of your crew would love to cuddle with him.
I love the pic of him in the car seat. He looks like he's belonged there all along.
Yay! grin

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 04-18-2020

So happpy you rescued him! And he's really not very small at all, when you see him strapped into the car seat.

A green ribbon won't be too hard to source.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-18-2020

I'm glad you rescued him. I can understand not wanting an old toy anymore, but if it's in good shape, why not donate it? Tossing it into trash like that is wasteful and somewhat cruel. He's cute!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-18-2020

Oh, I'm so glad poor Teddy was rescued. I have to agree with the comments on ... why not just donate him? I'd understand if it was a toy broken beyond repair, but he looks in fantastic shape. His face is so adorable.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-19-2020

On the 18th of April in '75, hardly a man is now alive who remembers that famous day and year!

When I started ADAD this year... well, I even had a vacation cruise to look forward to! I was planning to finally do a Paul Revere pic for the 18th of April. (I have intended to do this but then forgotten every single year, even before doing ADAD.)

Paul Revere's midnight ride was a big deal in American history. Symbolic of standing up to oppression.

I never dreamed at the beginning of the year that ... [blah blah blah, lengthy rambling redacted]

Anyway, I didn't feel like setting up a photo today, so this is all I've got:

[Image: april18.jpg]
18 April – Sinking Fast

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-19-2020

And now I'm curious about lengthy rambling, although I think I do have a rough idea...

That's such a nice, apocalyptic picture!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-19-2020

There is this looming sense of dread with this picture. Appropriate, really.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-20-2020

(04-19-2020, 05:51 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: And now I'm curious about lengthy rambling, although I think I do have a rough idea...

I'm sure you could guess the gist of it.   slash

[Image: 19april.jpg]
19 April – Resistance Training... for Strength! Grrr!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 04-20-2020

Well, he looks ready to kick someone's ***...
Nice use of lighting on the Smart Dolls for an apocalyptic mood...