The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-15-2020

(05-14-2020, 07:08 PM)Loona Wrote: I must admit that I really did not like how she looked on the previous photo, the head seemed super small, but seeing her in this full body shot and back in her stock, it might have just been a less-flattering angle in the previous one. I'm happy to hear you're overall happy with this new body for her. One thing though - I've read that Phicen bodies get stained by dark clothing super easily (I guess it's because of the softer, rubbery plastic they are made of) - have you made any precautions, or are you scared of this?

I have read that Phicen bodies are susceptible to staining. I assume staining will occur, but since this character usually keeps her clothing on, I am not overly concerned.

You are correct in that the angle of the photo can make a difference. From some angles, I thought the head appeared too small even on the stock body. For whatever reason, the stock outfit minimizes the appearance of the head being undersized.

Perhaps it has something to do with us being accustomed to oversized heads on Pullips, Ever After High, Monster High, and most playline dolls.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 05-15-2020

(05-15-2020, 02:50 AM)davidd Wrote: Perhaps it has something to do with us being accustomed to oversized heads on Pullips, Ever After High, Monster High, and most playline dolls.

That would totally make sense LOL Tongue 
About two weeks ago I sold a Barbie-ish knockoff doll I bought in a set for her bike. The lady who bought her called me (the sale took place on a local ad site), and we ended up having a short general doll discussion. It turned out she's planning to rebody the doll's head on a M2M Barbie body, and upon me telling her I wanted to do that to some of my dolls too, but all bodies were too dark for the dolls I have, she asked if I have "Asian dolls", and if I am aware of Momoko dolls. I told her I am, but I am unsure about them because I find the heads rather small. She seemed surprised, and as we went on, said something about another doll line and their heads being awfully and strangely huge - probably it was Project Mc2 (of which I also have 2 up for sale), so, blinking at Isul Hansel and Shibajuku Girls Yoko (who are currently displayed on my desk where I was sitting while we talked), I decided to politely drive the discussion into another direction before things get awkward about what is "awfully and strangely huge" right

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-15-2020

[Image: may14.jpg]
14 May – Novi Stars Sila Clops with a Purple Iris Flower

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 05-15-2020

Beautiful colors!

I've never found Sila here, I would totally get her if I did.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 05-15-2020

Oh, such stunning colours.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 05-16-2020

So it sounds like it was more, the head it came with rather than the body itself that made you dislike it...?
>sigh< all these people with irises blooming that I've seen online this week. Mine are barely 3" out of the ground and probably won't bloom again Cry
I don't recall if I've ever seen this Novi. Looks like there could be another photo story about them ex-ploring some exotic jungle planet.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-16-2020

(05-15-2020, 06:17 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I've never found Sila here, I would totally get her if I did.

I had to get Sila via mail order, either Amazon or eBay.

[Image: may15.jpg]
15 May – MGA Novi Stars Mae Tallic

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 05-16-2020

The more I see of the Novi’s the more they appeal to me, but I’m not going down that rabbit hole!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 05-16-2020

Cousin Monday looks great with her new body. And that she's able to hold the heavy cnadlestick with the high-heels is great too.
She sounds like she'll be much more "useable" with her new bod too.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 05-16-2020

The green and the purple together are so vibrant, love them.

And the pink & teal for the other one, so pretty.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 05-16-2020

I can't remember if I knew you also had a bunch(?) of Novi's... Such a varied crew! Cool lighting again here.
[Edit after reading neon’s post below: she talks??!]

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 05-16-2020

Amazing pic of Mae! You're on the roll these days, aren't you?

Do you use her talking gimmick? I got so annoyed with it getting triggered every time I accidentally touch her ear, I removed the batteries after a day or so...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 05-16-2020

Ahhh between yours and neon's pictures of the Novis, I am beginning to wish I picked one or two up...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-17-2020

16 May – A Doll A Day 2020:

[Image: may16a.jpg]
"Okay, down the stairs, it's not very far!"

[Image: may16b.jpg]
"Uhm... it looks like a long way to me!"

[Image: may16c.jpg]
"See? Nothin' to it!"
"Tell that to what's left of my spine!"

[Image: may16d.jpg]
"Okay, almost done! We just need to lift the bag in to the back of this truck!"

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 05-17-2020

The last pic made me laugh. The first one looks like they're moving a body.
Great posing again.