The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 05-22-2020

Hahaha, do you actually get mail addressed to "The Dollie Dungeon"?? LOL I can only imagine what your postal carrier thinks!!
What the others said about the posing.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-22-2020

(05-22-2020, 03:56 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Hahaha, do you actually get mail addressed to "The Dollie Dungeon"??

I was surprised! It was pretty fun to find this in the PO box!

[Image: may21.jpg]
21 May – MGAE Novi Stars Ina Ferna
The battery for her light-up hair still works!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 05-22-2020

Hahaha, OK, so scrolling slowly down I came to the top of the photo and for a split second thought I was looking at 2 hands reaching up out of fire, ... "Oh boy, what kind of crazy apocalyptic photo has he done today?" haha LOL
Anyway, she is neat! How many of these little characters do you have?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 05-22-2020

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Novi in a Shop down here.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 05-22-2020

Positively infernal! I love it! The things you do with light are always so much fun.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 05-22-2020

That is quite a daunting image though it's amazing her battery still works!

Again I need to agree with neon, you always manage to do amazing things with light.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 05-23-2020

She’s stunning with the orange & red hair. And that her gimmick still works!

Elfy, they were sold in either Target or Kmart here, and I did see a couple at the New Toyworld in Ringwood just after they opened. But they were never ones we looked at really, so not surprised you don’t remember the,.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-23-2020

[Image: may22a.jpg]
22 May – BE GOTH!

Here's a fun goth web site for ya:  https://gothsuptrees.net/

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 05-23-2020

Beautiful ladies! Goths up trees is a classic. It could be fun to do something along those lines with dolls.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 05-23-2020

Such gorgeous looking goth ladies. I wish I had gotten into the 7 inch vinyl line.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 05-24-2020

Ah, they look gorgeous! Even though you lose the poseability with the vinyls, their actual poses add so much to their personalities compared to the dolls who are so poorly articulated, especially in today's doll articulation terms. I have to admit that while I really like the idea and I am always happy to come across BeGoths in pictures, I was never happy enough with the doll versions' bodies and lack of poseability to consider buying one.

@neon_jellyfish, I really like your idea of Dolls up trees or Goth dolls up trees - I am now tempted to find a good candidate for a picture among those lines. The thing is however, this just made me realise that I don't have a lot of goth dolls. Some of my Monster High girls can be considered that, and one of my J-dolls is definitely one - but she doesn't yet have the wardrobe (her original stock is far from that, I'm trying to hunt down a certain dress for her). It's funny how almost everything in the flat is black and white - almost everything but my collections, and among the latter, it's intreestingly difficult to find black Tongue When the topic comes up, I usually say that my collections are the projection of how I am on the inside. I really do like colours - just not on myself or on anything big in the flat Tongue

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-24-2020

[Image: may23.jpg]
23 May – Bleeding Edge Goths Lunabella Whispers

While rummaging through a storage tub looking for an inspiring subject for today's photo, I spotted a second Lunabella Whispers BEGoths figure.
As you can see, this discovery, or re-discovery, did not exactly inspire a photograph.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 05-24-2020

Well, both are a little spooky, for the lighting on the first one, and the sense of drowning in -- or emerging from (?) -- the plastic in the second one.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-24-2020

(05-24-2020, 10:32 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Well, both are a little spooky, for the lighting on the first one, and the sense of drowning in -- or emerging from (?) -- the plastic in the second one.

Definitely "drowning in." I feel like I'm drowning in storage tubs and clutter, to the point where I'm half-inclined to start pitching things in to the rubbish bin, so I suppose this photo is reflective of my current mental state. It's probably time to step away from it all for a while and go do something totally different.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 05-24-2020

The Goths are taking over, which is something that they historically are renowned for.