The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 06-28-2020

It has a nice, calming, gothic horror feeling to it. Me likes!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 06-28-2020

Darling has given a very at ease gothic feeling... the better to lure you in as she reaches for her chainsaw.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 06-29-2020

[Image: june28.jpg]
28 June – Hasbro Maxie Dolls

Now I'm not sure how or why I ended up with so many of these things. When was I buying them; was it late last year, or earlier this year? Whatever it was I had in mind for them is no longer relevant or important, so they're destined for eBay, and after they don't sell, maybe I'll donate them, or maybe I'll go hide them up in the forest somewhere for somebody to find months or years from now.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 06-29-2020

So they’ll baffle future archaeologists?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 06-29-2020

Well, have a safe trip, girls!

If you leave them in forest, maybe they'll get rid of the evil witch who lives there and come back home...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 06-29-2020

Have fun storming the castle girls!

Baffling future archaeologists sounds like a fun job too.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 06-29-2020

I was going to use the Princess Bride quote, but Lejays beat me to it.

They're an interesting looking bunch - I like the girl with the denim jacket personally (yes I know there two of them... the one with part of it tied up?) It's a very 80s look/ I wonder if Maxie every made it in the UK. [cue quick Google] Okay, so that told me nothing, but if they did, it was still during the time Sindy was sort of out-selling. Actually, this might have been the doll line prior to Hasbro buying Sindy...

I am going to down a research path I did not ex.pect today, LOL! Still, nice to see them.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 06-30-2020

(06-29-2020, 09:36 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I wonder if Maxie every made it in the UK. [cue quick Google] Okay, so that told me nothing, but if they did, it was still during the time Sindy was sort of out-selling. Actually, this might have been the doll line prior to Hasbro buying Sindy....

The version wearing the denim jacket is called Lookin' Smart Maxie, released in 1988.

And... Maxie is Sindy! I researched this in some depth back when I was buying these... with the assistance of CooperSky on Flickr. Simultaneous with Hasbro taking over (and beginning to destroy) Sindy, they began marketing Maxie in the States as a competitor to Barbie. As you know, nobody moves in on Barbie's turf (say what you will about her, that chick is one tough street fighter), so the Maxie line failed after only two years. Around 1990 or so, some of the Maxie playsets and some of the dolls were rebranded as Sindy for sales in the UK and Europe.

Here's a link to some comparison pix of a playset marketed as both Sindy and Maxie:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/135742756@N07/49322731017/

I believe it is the comment stream conversation on that photo that triggered my brief foray in to the Sunny Surfin' World of Maxie. And speaking of the Sunny Surfin' World of Maxie, here's a link to a Maxie doll history and chronology that is quite thorough and quite interesting:
http://marilynsmyth.free.fr/maxie.php

Fun stuff. While the dolls may go, I'm keeping the Maxie daybed and Maxie lifeguard tower I bought!

[Image: june29.jpg]
29 June – Sally LaSalle and Nicolette Arkham

TBLeague (formerly Phicen) S26A bodies with head sculpts from FireGirl (Sally, left) and Kumik (Nicci, right).

More info about the characters later. I'm still awaiting some deliveries to finish them up.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 06-30-2020

It is always a pleasure to have the innermost depths of my soul x-rayed by the piercing sights of your uncanny beauties!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 06-30-2020

Well that was an interesting step down doll history!

Also Sally and Nicci looks ready to ex.plore something. I wonder what they'll find?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 06-30-2020

Those two are not messing around with whatever it is they’re doing.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 06-30-2020

(06-30-2020, 06:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It is always a pleasure to have the innermost depths of my soul x-rayed by the piercing sights of your uncanny beauties!

In other words, they're creeping you out again, huh?  LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 06-30-2020

OK, these 2 need their own photostory. Or a movie, or something. They look like all kinds of trouble. (I really don't find them creepy.)
Nice portait of Darling, and I'm sure some little person would enjoy the other dolls.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-01-2020

(06-30-2020, 12:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote: OK, these 2 need their own photostory.  Or a movie, or something.  They look like all kinds of trouble.

Thanks. I'll be posting the "backstory" behind one of these characters soon-ish, after a few more bits and pieces arrive.

[Image: june30.jpg]
30 June – Doodle Tuesday with Dal Tezca

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 07-01-2020

It's great that you take time to make doodles as well as photos!