The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 07-01-2020

Portrait of home to make her feel welcome!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 07-01-2020

Is she a new arrival?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-01-2020

Yay, the duo is now complete! Can they make it rain jaguars?
The doodle is awesome. And Tezca looks like she's about to tell us the real story behind this temple.

(I'm not sure about the rain part. I also know a version where Tezcatlipoca simply commands his jaguars to eat everyone. But rain of jaguars sounds much cooler!)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 07-01-2020

Such a lovely doodle. Also? Cool Dal!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-02-2020

(07-01-2020, 05:47 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I also know a version where Tezcatlipoca simply commands his jaguars to eat everyone. 

Good plan. I'm on board with that. I'll ask 'em to see what they can do.

[Image: july1.jpg]
1 July – Triv and Janie practicing their "Aren't we adorable? Please adopt us!" faces for eBay

Actually, I've been checking Smart Doll prices on eBay. The secondary market for Smart Dolls is "soft" right now. I guess everybody wants squinty-eyed nose-picking Smart Dolls.

The only one of my Smart Dolls that might... might... sell would be the white... excuse me, I mean the milk one. Milk was hugely popular, but it has been discontinued. Because I have an extra bust and a hand pack, I might be able to get some dollars out of the white milk one.

I kinda like my Smart Dolls, but for a number of reasons I'm pretty much done with the "Smart Doll community" as a whole.

At what point will it become unacceptable for a person of light-color to "own" a doll of dark-color? Couldn't that be construed as symbolic slavery? 

Perhaps this is why Culture Japan is moving toward candy-colored dolls. In theory candy-colored dolls should be less potentially controversial than human-colored dolls.

But they are still too skinny. I've been seeing Instagram comments asking for Smart Dolls in "more representative body types."

Uh huh. So, like, remember my pictures of the Wild Hearts Crew remainders at Walmart? Remember which ones are still sitting on the shelf? 'Kay den.

I'm only considering selling some of my Smart Dolls out of media-induced fear; fear based on the unbalanced coverage of looting and rioting that makes it seem like the actions of a handful of hundreds represent the madness of millions. I'm thinking maybe something in .44 magnum or .45 Colt might be more useful than a doll when the... for the sake of discussion, let's euphemistically refer to them as zombie hordes... march out from their urban enclaves to wreak havoc in the rural areas.

Of course, that would require the zombie hordes to actually march, because their bus passes won't take 'em this far.

What am I thinking? All my neighbors already own shotguns. And big trucks. I'd just be in the way out there with the real cowboys.

My, but this train of thought went in to a dark tunnel, didn't it? I shouldn't have the TV news on in the background when I'm posting online.

P.S.: Halfway done! YAY! Can't stop now!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 07-02-2020

They look like they’re having fun.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-02-2020

I can imagine the racist argument go both ways. You're white and don't own dolls of colors other than 'white'? White supremacist. You do? Slavery supporter.

I personally like the idea of unnaturally colored Smart Dolls, because aliens!!! Gimme!

To be honest, America scares the shit out of me right now. From outside, it looks like the US are trying to commit national-level suicide. Stay safe, please!

Also, making your sweet dolls practice being cute so that they'd sell is psychological abuse of inanimate plastic objects! You monster! LOL

I understand being done with the community. I don't even read discussions on insta, and I don't participate in FB groups, I just oogle the pics. I just... can't deal with social media right now, they make me so uncomfortable, but that would be a way too long and way too off-topic rant.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 07-02-2020

They do look very cute.

I generally avoid the community for bigger dolls - especially on social media. It's always... yeah.

Please, stay safe!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-03-2020

(07-02-2020, 06:21 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I can imagine the racist argument go both ways. You're white and don't own dolls of colors other than 'white'? White supremacist. You do? Slavery supporter.
. . .
To be honest, America scares the shit out of me right now. From outside, it looks like the US are trying to commit national-level suicide. Stay safe, please!
. . .
Also, making your sweet dolls practice being cute so that they'd sell is psychological abuse of inanimate plastic objects! You monster! LOL
. . .
I just... can't deal with social media right now, they make me so uncomfortable, but that would be a way too long and way too off-topic rant.

I am sure your social media rant would be highly entertaining! We have an off-topic section here somewhere, right? Or there are PMs.  yay

The thing is, I did not make the little master manipulators "practice" being cute. This is exactly how they were sitting all on their own. I did not adjust them even a tiny bit (as evidenced by the flyaway hair). I just grabbed my point-n-shoot camera and snapped a pic or two.

America scares the bejeezus out of me, too. I do not understand why state and local leadership is allowing mere hundreds of obnoxious, ignorant hooligans to dictate public policy in a country of 350-million. The "protests" may have started out as valid, but the "mass protests" are largely gone, and it is unruly mobs of only a few hundreds, or even a few dozens, who are causing all the damage while continuing to drive the political narrative. And the incidents are isolated to small areas in a few major cities. The news media makes things seem much worse and considerably more widespread than they are. Out here in the sticks, we are getting throngs of tourists who are fleeing the big cities, and everything is pretty much "normal."

Yeah, exactly! "Political correctness" will destroy the doll hobby, like it is destroying everything else!  LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 07-03-2020

Must admit I went "Whaaat? No!" when I saw the photo caption, because your photos of these girls are always so much fun. I'm glad you're not really (yet?) selling them!
Oh yeah! Halfway there! Wooot! [Insert random memes about how much worse can the rest of 2020 get...]
Social media is kind of a morass of nonsense at the best of times, worse now. Best to avoid the swampy areas -- and the news. The local community page I got news leads from got shut down because of nastiness; another is nothing but a small group of conspiracy theorists and redneck anti-government anti-media anti-everything B.S. (There's that small element in this village as well, that Don't you dare tell me what I can or can't or have to do because I ain't doin' it -- It can make for bad neighbours. sad )
Doll forums are my happy place on the internet, so yeah, if there's a doll community that is more of a downer than fun, then I'd abandon it too.

(07-02-2020, 06:21 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: To be honest, America scares the shit out of me right now. From outside, it looks like the US are trying to commit national-level suicide. Stay safe, please!
This... And we're right next door. It isn't just the national suicide, it's who they're going to take down with them. It is admittedly hard to find pure "news" amid the sensationalism and editorializing, but it still looks like a train wreck.

...anyway, the girls, as always, are very cute!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 06:18 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oh yeah!  Halfway there!  Wooot!  [Insert random memes about how much worse can the rest of 2020 get...]

I'm kinda beginning to suspect that this stupid year is not even fully warmed up yet.  slash

Anyway, the Smart Dolls will still be around for a while... I guess. They seem disinclined to leave.

[Image: july2.jpg]
2 July – World UFO Day

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 07-03-2020

Well spotted by your intrepid hunter. Those are the examples referred to as ‘greys’.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-03-2020

Perfect! There's no fire or smoke, so I take it they didn't crash and landed intentionally. Maybe they'll telepathically send her some sort of secret code? Or maybe they'll whip out their own camera and ask her to take their vacation photos. Why aliens in 'real' stories never do that? Hmmm....

I did an Alien Day photo, I should get a flying saucer so that I can do UFO Day one, too.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 07-03-2020

Oh, that is fantastic. I really like those little green men figures.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-04-2020

[Image: july3.jpg]
3 July – Nelly Asks About Masks

Well, she actually lectures more than she asks. Pontificates, even.