The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-06-2020

I should follow their example and get more things done.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 07-06-2020

These girls are always hard at work. I should really follow their lead...

... Instead I'm watching Tron.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 07-07-2020

...yeah.... *puts hand up* ...another guilty for goofing off and not getting much done.
They are sure a busy crew.
And what a spectabulous backdrop!!!!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-07-2020

(07-06-2020, 08:08 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I should follow their example and get more things done.

You should follow my example and send your dolls out to get things done while you "supervise."  yay

[Image: july6.jpg]
6 July – Creepy Doll Head on a Stick

Some things are even too creepy for The Dollie Dungeon. This one went to eBay, and boom, already gone!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 07-07-2020

Just the head, or was the display stick included LOL ?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 07-07-2020

haha. Other than that it sounds like a weird snack... I dunno, I don't get the "creepy" factor with these. A little bit "vacant" in the eyes, yeah, but, I don't find them creepy.
Which surprises me a bit because there are other dolls where I immediately go "ew!" LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-07-2020

When she's on a stick like this, she's much easier to look at than on a doll body. I guess it became the kind of creepiness I actually enjoy. LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 07-07-2020

... Yeah, lovely sculpting but I can see why it got sent off quickly. Though I would agree with neon that it's a level of creepy that it's easier to deal with on a stick?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Aichan - 07-08-2020

The display stick.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-08-2020

(07-08-2020, 03:08 AM)Aichan Wrote: The display stick.

And can you believe the stick is not included with the figure? It's an accessory that is sold separately!  yay

[Image: july7a.jpg]

[Image: july7b.jpg]
7 July – German Army Truck in 1/6 Scale

I've been periodically looking at this model of army truck for at least a couple of years on eBay. It was released quite a number of years ago by 21st Century Toys, and the secondary market price tends to be significantly more than I would ever pay.

Recently I ran across this one listed on eBay for about half the price of typical listings for complete examples. This one even included two action figures. And shipping was free... from Canada to the States.

The parcel has been in postal system limbo for nearly three weeks. I was not ex-pecting the vehicle to actually be complete, and after so long in shipping for such a large parcel, I ex-pected it to arrive broken. One end of the box had, indeed, come open and had been re-taped at some point en route, but to my surprise, nothing was missing and nothing was broken. So... YAY!

I have a non-military purpose in mind for this vehicle. It's gonna be fun!

Sorry about the one guy having his face covered in the pics. Maybe I'll feature him tomorrow. His ex-pression is really goofy!

And yeah, I know today was Doodle Tuesday. Today ended up being ten times more busy than I had planned on, hence a couple of last-minute post-sunset pics for A Doll A Day and totally skipping out on Doodle Tuesday. Maybe I'll post a doodle tomorrow, or maybe I'll post another double next week.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Aichan - 07-08-2020

Haha... tbe stick is 59.99 p,us shipping right?

Great looking vehicle there and from a distance, the whole scene looks very real. Very nice job.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 07-08-2020

My first thought was that they are searching for, or came from, Marwencol LOL
Yay for finding a great deal and getting it safely! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
I hate when real life interferes with dolly fun. I think you can be excused for missing a doodle. Today was such total crap that I was actually scared to launder the cool shirt I just got or turn on the computer to download today’s photos, in case something ELSE went wrong. Oh My

(07-08-2020, 03:25 PM)Aichan Wrote: Haha... tbe stick is 59.99 p,us shipping right?
LOL
With the “global shipping program”, no less!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 07-08-2020

That's a really cool truck, do you have a little tank for Lieutenant Gruber? (that's a little 'Allo 'Allo joke that will probably only be familiar to fans of the British sitcom set in France during WW2)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 07-08-2020

LOL Another show we both enjoyed!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-08-2020

Congrats on new arrival! I'm glad nothing was broken or missing.