The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-30-2020

Welcome home! We missed you too!

The befuddled bear is adorable.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-30-2020

Heeey, welcome back!

Mister Bear does look very befuddled but it's a good look for him.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 08-31-2020

Welcome back!
I hear you on “stuff“. All the things one isn’t really using but can’t quite get rid of… Perhaps Mr. Bear will take charge of organizing it. He could recruit the smart dolls.
I think the hat suits him too.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 08-31-2020

[Image: dal_yellow.jpg]
30 August – Yellow Rubber Rabbit Brush – Say It Three Times Fast

Yes, that's really what this yellow shrub is called. Unless you want to get all scientific and stuff, in which case you can try to say Ericameria nauseosa.

Nauseosa? Lipoca is quite enthusiastic about that, actually!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-31-2020

Haha, I'm not surprised she's intrigued by that.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-31-2020

Lipoca stands out so well against the yellow. Also it's a brilliant name for a plant!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 08-31-2020

Welcome back! I hope you had a nice trip! The forum went unusually silent in your absence.

Poor Mister Bear looks befuddled indeed. I hope he'll come to terms with all the new stuff interfering with his personal space.

Great shot of Lipoca against all that bright blule and yellow! And that's an interesting name for the plant - both in Latin and in English. The latter sound rather like a My Little Pony accessory  Tongue

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 08-31-2020

Cute photo, and interesting plant. "Reportedly" Native Americans used it for dye, tea and chewing gum! I wonder if one could find a recipe.... Tongue

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-31-2020

Looks like Lipoca has been up to mischief in your absence.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 11:06 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Cute photo, and interesting plant.  "Reportedly" Native Americans used it for dye, tea and chewing gum!  I wonder if one could find a recipe....  Tongue

Well, that explains the "rubber" bit - though I'd still be a little worried about the reasons behind the Latin name Innocent

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 08-31-2020

Great contrast between the yellow of the watering-can, and the red of Lipoca.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-01-2020

(08-30-2020, 06:00 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Welcome home! We missed you too!

That's a sweet thing to say! Thank you!

(08-31-2020, 06:56 AM)Loona Wrote: The forum went unusually silent in your absence.

Maybe that was a good thing?  LOL  I'll be back to my regular level of nattering soon. Still trying to get unpacked and back to something like a normal schedule. I really missed this place!

(08-31-2020, 11:06 AM)Alliecat Wrote: "Reportedly" Native Americans used it for dye, tea and chewing gum!

Yeah... "reportedly." Right up there with "some say" or "sources suggest." The new (sub)standard for journalism.

(08-31-2020, 04:03 PM)Elfy Wrote: Looks like Lipoca has been up to mischief in your absence.

Lipoca is usually up to mischief whether I'm around or not!  yay

[Image: august31.jpg]
31 August – A Disembodied Head

A disembodied head arrived in the mail during my absence.
I wonder if there is another parcel containing a disemheaded body?

This is one of those uncanny to the point of being creepy head sculpts. I had a plan in mind for this one, but now that I see it, I don't know that I'll use it.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-01-2020

Haha, she looks like she could just take off and float around without a body, if she wanted. And possibly nibble on someone's ear.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-01-2020

I don't know why necessarily, but my head just went "well that would make a good Baroness from G.I. Joe."

Yeah, I don't get my head either.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 09-02-2020

Well, the parcel containing the body (alongside another, male body) is coming to me, sorry Tongue
Joking aside, if you are also waiting for such a parcel, I hope you get it soon - but I'm sad to hear she doesn't quite appeal to you in person. I have seen so much disappointment around these heads (this action figure-type of head in general, not this specific sculpt) that I'm kind of happy I am not really interested in this level of realism in dolls or figures.

(09-01-2020, 06:23 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Haha, she looks like she could just take off and float around without a body, if she wanted. And possibly nibble on someone's ear.

This comment just gave me massive nostalgia by reminding me of a children's fantasy film I liked a lot when I was a child, Mio in the Land of Faraway. The film included a scene with a floating head, and the protagonist flew to another realm holding onto the head's beard. The scene must have been memorable to others too, because I managed to find it on YouTube grin
I am totally shocked at learning that this film is actually an adaptation of a book written by Astrid Lindgren, had an international cast involving actors like Christopher Lee and Christian Bale, and a theme song composed by two former members of ABBA. And there I was, thinking for 30 years that this was some random low-budget film noone knew apart from my sister and me (our parents recorded it on tape when it aired in 1990, which is how I managed to watch it numerous times). I actually found the full film on YouTube in English, so now I know what I'll do the next time I have 2 hours I want to use for passive pastime (especially since I currently don't have access to our family video tapes, or to a video cassette player). I'm super happy and grateful now smile