The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-02-2020

Well, that head elicited quite a number of interesting and amusing comments and reminiscences!

And since werepuppy mentioned The Baroness:

[Image: september1.jpg]
1 September - Lady Vader waits patiently for the day... that "Jackie O" style sunglasses come back in style.

And yes, I know that today is Doodle Tuesday. I've already missed two. Now it's three. I'll see whom I can coerce in to cranking out some sketches.

Also, Internet has slowed to a crawl, so I'll have to catch up on today's posts tomorrow.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-02-2020

I kind of like "some" of those heads/figures... how many do you have now?, are you still hoping to find one you like?, cos they seem to be multiplying... LOL I'd probably like to see one in person before buying though, and not sure how such a figure would fit in with my crew. Although I think they're interesting.

(09-01-2020, 08:29 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I don't know why necessarily, but my head just went "well that would make a good Baroness from G.I. Joe."
Not being familiar with G.I. Joe characters, my head went "Ysanne Isard", but you'd have to paint one eye red and have a lot more Star Wars characters in your collection for that to make sense.... Tongue

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-02-2020

I think that Darth Vader Babs doesn't have to wait, if she goes out wearing them, they will come back in style. LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-02-2020

Darth Vader Barbie is clearly a forward thinking style icon who we should all emulate!

Also @Alliebird Ysanna Isard? Well that's some Legends knowledge right there!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-03-2020

[Image: september2.jpg]
2 September – Pinky Street PK009 Reina figure

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-03-2020

It's been a while since we had a Pinky here. Glad to see one again! Although she doesn't seem to be too pleased...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-03-2020

Ahh, so great to see a Pinky again. Though the ex.pression does seem a bit miffed...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-04-2020

Isn't the Pinky's default ex-pression, not happy with the state of affairs, no matter what the state of affairs?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 08:04 AM)Elfy Wrote: Isn't the Pinky's default ex-pression, not happy with the state of affairs, no matter what the state of affairs?
"Resting b*tch face", right...? LOL

How do you clean the glass in those things? Yours looks nice and clear. I just had mine out this evening cos the power was out for a couple hours, and they're pretty grungy.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 06:30 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Although she doesn't seem to be too pleased...

(09-03-2020, 09:03 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Though the ex.pression does seem a bit miffed...

(09-04-2020, 08:04 AM)Elfy Wrote: Isn't the Pinky's default ex-pression, not happy with the state of affairs, no matter what the state of affairs?

I suppose the standard Pinky ex-pression is "somewhat miffed" or generally disgruntled. In fact, several years ago I gave a some Pinky figures to a couple of my young nieces, and almost the first thing they asked was, "why do they all look either mad or sad?"

Maybe the "mad or sad" ex-pression ex-plains why I bonded so strongly with Pinky Street figures, as it reflects my usual demeanor.

(09-04-2020, 12:14 PM)Alliecat Wrote: How do you clean the glass in those things?  Yours looks nice and clear.  I just had mine out this evening cos the power was out for a couple hours, and they're pretty grungy.

You can't see the upper part of the glass in the photo.   Tongue

If you manually pull up on the very top section, which is usually spring loaded, you can usually tip the glass part and pull it out.

The trick to keeping the glass from getting sooty as quickly is to adjust the wick. Raise the wick to light it, then once it's going crank it down until the top of the wick is below the curved metal top of the burner. As the wick and the burner warm up, after a few minutes you can adjust it to get the brightest flame with the least smoke.

[Image: september3a.jpg]
3 September – There's a new sheriff in town...

[Image: september3b.jpg]
... and she learned from the best!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-04-2020

Triv looks like she fits right in the Wild West.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-04-2020

She looks rad!

My default face setting is a 'seconds away from becoming a mass murderer' one, and I also like dolls with neutral, serious or slightly grumpy ex!pressions (not sad, though, those make me feel like a bad dolly owner). I really like cute ones, too, but I don't like when they're smiling too much, unless it's a mischievous smile.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-04-2020

Triv looks fatastic! I'm sure she'll be the best sheriff.

Apparently my default is looking vaguely annoyed.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-05-2020

She looks terrific. Great use of perspective again.
Is John Wayne advertising a store or a touristy place?
Chalk up another somewhat-annoyed-&-pissy-faced member Tongue Our grocery store has finally decreed masks required, & I was thinking last night that at least they hide the under-the-breath muttering when people annoy me... xp

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-05-2020

They do that, they also keep your nose warm in the cold weather. They’re a pain if you wear glasses, though, because unless you position your glasses just right they will fog up.