The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 02-06-2020

Okay, I love this and I need to see more. Also, Rey, stabbing him will make him whine more, speaking from ex.perience. Lol.

Also? You reminded me I need to get hold of the Wild Stallyns somehow...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 02-07-2020

I really, really need to catch up on these movies.
They look neat. Yay for getting some figures for fun and redeeming whatever negative energy came from the failed for-profit collecting enterprise.

(02-06-2020, 01:27 PM)davidd Wrote: Ermm... you guys are starting to uncannily echo the Ameliæ hive mind!  
Who, us??

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 02-07-2020

(02-06-2020, 01:27 PM)davidd Wrote: Ermm... you guys are starting to uncannily echo the Ameliæ hive mind!  

Well, we do have an Amelia who is an auxiliary member of the squadron, so is it possible that we (at least!) are being influenced from afar...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 02-07-2020

(02-06-2020, 04:20 PM)Elfy Wrote: I won’t lie, I cheered when he was stabbed. Still not over Han.

Too bad he was resurrected. For a while, at least.

(02-06-2020, 04:54 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Excellent unboxing & good to see that Rey is still the boss of everyone.

Rey... thanks to werepuppy... has become a bigger, badder boss in the worlds of the Dolly Market Forum than she ever was in the movies!

(02-06-2020, 08:11 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I wonder how emo will he become in The Dungeon...

He may tend to be more of a whiny snob than full-on emo in this parallel universe, but it's often difficult to predict with any certainty how characters will evolve.

(02-06-2020, 10:12 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Okay, I love this and I need to see more.

Also? You reminded me I need to get hold of the Wild Stallyns somehow...

More? Okay, we can do that.  yay

As for getting ahold of the Wyld Stallyns, you could dress up in your Merida costume more often. As I recall, the Stallyns have a thing for "medieval babes."  Tongue

(02-07-2020, 07:31 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I really, really need to catch up on these movies.

Who, us??

werepuppy's The Room version of the Star Wars  final trilogy is considerably more entertaining than the real thing, altho' granted, it probably helps to be familiar with how lame the actual movies are to really appreciate how funny her take is.

Yes, us! I mean, you!  Tongue

(02-07-2020, 08:55 AM)Lejays17 Wrote:

Well, we do have an Amelia who is an auxiliary member of the squadron, so is it possible that we (at least!) are being influenced from afar...

The combined might of the communal telepathic mind is not hampered by physical distance (the inverse square property of energy wave propagation notwithstanding).

6 February - ADAD 2020 featuring Hasbro Forces of Destiny Kylo-Ben and Mattel Monster High Slo Mo Mortavitch:

To recap from yesterday: Rey has run off with both her own and Kylo-Ben's lazer swords light-sabres.

[Image: feb6p1.jpg]

[Image: feb6p2.jpg]

[Image: feb6p3.jpg]

[Image: feb6p4.jpg]

[Image: feb6p5.jpg]

[Image: feb6p6.jpg]

[Image: feb6p7.jpg]

[Image: feb6p8.jpg]

[Image: feb6p9.jpg]

[Image: feb6p10.jpg]

[Image: feb6p11.jpg]

[Image: feb6p12.jpg]

[Image: feb6p13.jpg]

[Image: feb6p14.jpg]

[Image: feb6p15.jpg]

[Image: feb6p16.jpg]

[Image: feb6p17.jpg]

[Image: feb6p18.jpg]

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 02-07-2020

LOL. Nice pacing, and extra points for the pun xp

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 02-07-2020

That was a truly terrible pun - love it!

I don’t know if Kyle-Ben will be a good Master, he’s far too self-absorbed to train someone.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 02-07-2020

A free lunch will always work.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 02-07-2020

LOL

That was too funny!
Most famous fictions tend to receive remakes involving zombies (like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, or Robinson Crusoe On Zombie Island), so it was about time someone did it for Star Wars!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 02-07-2020

Ha! Yes. Brilliant. Legit laughing out loud.

Must see what the Emo Edgelords think of another of them being around...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 02-08-2020

7 February – A Doll A Day 2020 presents:

DEVIL GIRL STORIES

[Image: feb7dg1.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg2.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg3.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg4.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg5.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg6.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg7.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg8.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg9.jpg]

[Image: feb7dg10.jpg]

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 02-08-2020

A demon doll with a credit card. There’s no way this works out well for anyone.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 02-08-2020

You could also employ the dangerous, but very efficient ritual of Summoning Goods Through The Online Order!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 02-08-2020

Ahhh, I wonder what she was trying to summon...

They both look utterly fantastic, btw.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 02-09-2020

You know, I've never thought about using a credit card that way. Hmmmmmmmmm...mmm... LOL
That's some of that not-quite-Latin that fills in spaces in design templates, isn't it.... (Yes, I looked) Google Translate thought there was something about carrots and tomato soup in it. Is she summoning dinner???
>goes off to look for credit card<

(As an aside, I want her abs LOL )

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 02-09-2020

(02-08-2020, 04:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: A demon doll with a credit card. There’s no way this works out well for anyone.

I suspect you are correct. Unfortunately.

(02-08-2020, 07:05 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You could also employ the dangerous, but very efficient ritual of Summoning Goods Through The Online Order!

Uhm... yeah, that kinda happened.

(02-08-2020, 09:56 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ahhh, I wonder what she was trying to summon...

More of her evil ilk, most likely.

(02-09-2020, 12:27 PM)Alliecat Wrote: That's some of that not-quite-Latin that fills in spaces in design templates, isn't it....  (Yes, I looked)  

LOL  You are very observant and quite clever! I left the "lorem ipsum" phrase in there as a clue, altho' I changed the order of some of the text. Apparently this nonsense text dates back hundreds of years.

[Image: february8.jpg]
8 February – 1988 Lookin' Smart Maxie Doll

Maxie was a short-lived line from Hasbro, on the market between 1988 and 1991, similar to or based on the 1980s version of the Sindy doll popular in Europe at the time. Most Sindy purists dislike the 1980s Hasbro years, when the classic style of Sindy was changed to more closely resemble Barbie.

Several interesting Maxie playsets were offered, some of which were identical to sets branded with the Sindy name in Europe.

This example of Lookin' Smart Maxie has the wrong earrings (they should be little pink bows) and may have had her hair trimmed.

An excellent website offering a brief history of Maxie including an identification guide for most of the releases can be found here:

The Sunny Surfin' World of Maxie:  http://marilynsmyth.free.fr/maxie.php

An animated television series aired during the Maxie line's first year on the market.