The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262695)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - werepuppy - 11-02-2020

Adorable photos!

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Alliecat - 11-03-2020

It looks so lovely and warm! I like the third one best smile

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Elfy - 11-04-2020

Felicity and Theo thank everyone for their comments and encouragement.

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Elfy - 11-08-2020

Becky's been busy knitting this past week. Her current obsession is gnomes. Yes, you read that right: gnomes. Bea took the gnome family outside for a photograph.

[Image: 55ec5ad47c01244618a76ba6902e5807.jpg]

The blue/purple one is Gnatasha, the little red one in the middle is Gnicholas (he's actually intended as a tree ornament) and the big multicoloured one is Gneapolitan (the wool colours are reminiscent of neapolitan icecrean), Gnea for short.

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 11-08-2020

This made me laugh out loud-- how awesome! And I love the names smile

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - davidd - 11-08-2020

With pointy hats like that, if you stand them out in the sun, they could be gnome gnomons. Or... gnome-ons?

(A gnomon is the pointy bit of a sundial that casts the shadow... but you all knew that, right?)

And along the lines of such things, today was the actual astronomical mid-quarter, meaning, if you're, like, a pagan or what-not, it is the true first day of winter here in the northern hemisphere, which means it is the first day of summer in your part of the world! So... HAPPY SUMMER!

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Alliecat - 11-08-2020

Oh, how cute and fun! They look like great little characters, and their gnames are brilliant LOL
Gnicholas looks like he has Pullip feet! xp
Did you see the gnomes movie? What was it, Gnomeo & Juliet? I thought that was really cute, but haven't seen the sequel; I think there was a sequel? Anyway, your little guys could have some adventures in a photostory too smile

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Elfy - 11-08-2020

It was certainly a beautiful sunny day here for the first of the summer.
Gnicholas can’t stand by himself, like the other two, so he’s laying on Bea’s legs which is why he appears to have Pullip feet. We have seen Gnomeo and Juliet. I think the ‘sequel’ was Sherlock Gnomes, but I can’t remember if we saw that or not. I read a series of urban fantasies by Larry Correia (Monster Hunter International) and that sometimes has gangsta garden gnomes in it.

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-08-2020

Thanks for the gnome-admiration.

davidd, that's a very bad pun for a fun idea. But we would need to find a suitable place in the garden to set up a sun dial with knitted Gnomons LOL

And we can't take credit for the Gnome Gnames, it's part of the pattern designer's whimsy that she names them all Gn-something. I can take credit for the Gneapolitan, which is following the other's convention.

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-08-2020

Gneatly gnitted gnomes! Gnifty!

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - werepuppy - 11-08-2020

Ha, this looks fantastic. She seems a bit perplexed by the gnomes, though.

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Loona - 11-09-2020

The Pullip feet cracked me up! I must be tired&weary, because it took me embarrassinly long to realise those feet don't belong to Gnicholas, and until that realisation came my mind was having a massive brainstorming to try to find out why on Earth you would have given him feet, and Pullip feet, even, and if they are parts from a MIO kit, and if he can stand with them, and why is it exactly him who needs feet when he's supposed to be an ornament and doesn't need to be able to stand, and... gosh, me Whacked right

I wish every Aquel was a talented knitter, and not just your Becky - I could really use someone aroung here who can knit. I could do some basic knitting when I was young, but forgot how to do it a long time ago. I guess I could re-learn it from YouTube, and with the amount of content available today I'm sure I could also find videos on left-handed knitting, but it was easier to learn it F2F back then.

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - dunneh - 11-09-2020

Theo and Felicity are an adorable couple.

The knitted gnomes are precious, really love the colors on the brown yellow and pink one, he reminds me of icecream!

I also had a split second where I thought the gnome had feed, haha.

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - Elfy - 11-15-2020

Our roses have continued to dominate this spring. Today it was Cherie's turn to pose with some of them.

[Image: 43b79f43d03a59c70b90cabd08bf88dd.jpg]

Cherie looks a little bemused here, because she is quite a practical girl and doesn't quite get the point of roses.

RE: Elfy's Doll a Week 2020 - davidd - 11-15-2020

I agree with Cherie. What's the deal with the thorns?