The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) (/showthread.php?tid=7264219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#49 Dec.9) - Alliecat - 12-10-2023

[Image: 53387326954_1eaceeb6f9_o.jpg]

I’ve been wanting to try photos with Spirit Cat for quite some time. Yes, she does indeed glow in the dark. This is made by artist Jenny-Jinya, https://jenny-jinya.com/  — creator of the Loving Reaper “comics”… A bit hard to call them comics because they are tearjerkers. She raises awareness about, and I think sometimes raises money for, animal welfare.

[Image: 53386167552_10afea22e4_o.jpg]

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#49 Dec.9) - davidd - 12-10-2023

Super cool and super fun glow-in-the-dark pix!

Are these long-eskposure pix to capture the glow effect, or did you use an UV (black) light?

Looks like that kitty packs a powerful glow!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#50 Dec.16) - Alliecat - 12-17-2023

They're long ex-posures, with a bit of light-painting on Daphne.  Which was really hard to do without lighting up kitty too.  She does indeed have a nice glow.

[Image: 53402958265_5c0fbb68b9_o.jpg]
The fairy lights are lit and so is the PTFCo mini Christmas party, officially underway.  Shiny!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#50 Dec.16) - davidd - 12-17-2023

Shiny, indeed! Warm and cozy (even with all the snow), too!
The crew looks to be having a classic old-fashioned Christmas this season.

This is an impressively elaborate set-up, with wonderful lighting effects! Worthy of a store window display at one of the major big city department stores or toy stores!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#51 Dec. 22) - Alliecat - 12-23-2023

Thank you yay  These light painting shots are a lot of fun. Takes many shots to get the right effect and you never know what you’re going to get.

Shot for the Dal house “new year hopes” challenge.  Sadly, this was the new year hope last year. I cannot believe another year has passed… Still searching… Don’t know what else I have to do.

[Image: 53415718475_1d43c76818_o.jpg]

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#51 Dec. 22) - TrueFan - 12-24-2023

Best of luck finding a happier place to live!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#51 Dec. 22) - davidd - 12-24-2023

It can take a while to find a place. And some planning to synchronize a move.

But it sounds like you need a change of location.

Keep looking. Keep planning. Keep digging for pirate treasure. (Maybe you can borrow a backhoe from your new neighbor.)

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - Alliecat - 12-30-2023

Well, here we are at the end of the year. Seems hard to believe another year has flown by.
I do intend to keep doing dolly photos through 2024, and I also want to continue pic-a-week. I hope that eventually something will happen to revive this forum, if the AWOL "owner" [insert rant] ever surfaces, or someone else gets a chance to do something with it. Or at least let some new people join.
This has been such a fun forum. I'm so glad I found it when I was just starting to get into dolls. As I always say, I hope it can be kept from completely fading.

I guess this pic means we ended the year on a high?? LOL.
This is "Bald Mountain" in NB.

[Image: 53429797826_f9af76c4e9_o.jpg]

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - davidd - 12-31-2023

Hee hee! Ending the year on a high note! A Rocky Mountain high!

Did you spend A Night on Bald Mountain????

This is a fun scene, and you had to work for it! I'm happy to see some dollies getting out and about and having some real adventures!

Where is this place? Nearby for you, or a major ex'pedition away?

Congratulations on maintaining your weekly (more or less) pics and posting schedule for yet another year!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - Alliecat - 01-02-2024

Spend the night?! In this cold?? heck no!! LOL
It’s only about an hour from the ferry, and half an hour or so from where I was housesitting.
Thanks for following the crew’s adventures!
On to 2024!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - davidd - 01-02-2024

(01-02-2024, 04:18 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Spend the night?! In this cold?? heck no!! 

Reference to the Mussorgsky composition, Night on Bald Mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b756FPiLlp8

We're all, like, sophisticated and stuff around here.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - Alliecat - 01-03-2024

(01-02-2024, 07:41 AM)davidd Wrote: We're all, like, sophisticated and stuff around here.

Well darn my knickers, ain’t I a hick. You’re bein all culturified an stuff, and here’s me just discovering how much I like Meat Loaf  xp LOL

I have never seen the whole of Fantasia.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - davidd - 01-03-2024

(01-03-2024, 05:34 AM)Alliecat Wrote: ... and here’s me just discovering how much I like Meat Loaf  

I was amused by your mention of reading a biography of Meat Loaf, and meant to ask you what had stimulated such an interest.  LOL

While I am aware of his influential album, "Bat out of Hell," and of the hit song "Paradise by the Dashboard Light," I have not heard the album and I do not think I have heard the song in its entirety. That is a cultural oversight I should attempt to remedy. I'll put it on my list, along with "read the novel Frankenstein."

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - Alliecat - 01-03-2024

Yeah, I had never taken any notice either.  A radio station I listen to, with a very limited repertoire, plays "Paradise" and "Anything For Love" now & then.  I watched the music videos and got curious as to what the rest of his songs were like and whether I would like them.  I found a playlist on Youtube and put that on while I painted the hall  LOL  I was amazed at how many I liked, and realized I'd heard & liked a couple of others years ago without knowing who sang them.  Have to credit Jim Steinman's musical genius for much of it, but, I like the long songs that kind of have different chapters, and the over-the-top operatic craziness of some of it, and others are really musically nice.  He was actually a pretty good singer -- guess I thought it would be just rock-n-roll screaming  LOL
I'm sorry I discovered him after he died, but, there seem to be plenty concerts on Youtube to watch.

Here you go, have some culture  xp  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - davidd - 01-03-2024

We're becoming quite a Culture Club around here.

Wait... sorry... wrong band.

Mr. Loaf also appeared in the original stage and the film version of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show."