The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22) (/showthread.php?tid=7264219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#23, June 10) - fishy - 06-14-2023

Wow that's a pretty lilac!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#24, June 17) - Alliecat - 06-18-2023

(06-11-2023, 03:35 PM)davidd Wrote: So many flowers! You live in a tropical paradise!
Glori is cute. Is she a Barbie release?
Yah right.  For a couple of weeks out of the year... 
Glori is Fashionistas # 157.
(06-12-2023, 02:45 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ooooh, lovely purple!
(06-14-2023, 01:04 PM)fishy Wrote: Wow that's a pretty lilac!
Thanks  grin  It really is a lovely variety that I had seen before and wanted for some time.  It has tacky netting around it to keep the deer off, but it's growing nicely from the little thing I brought home 4 years ago (eek!  THAT long ago !!  Oh My )

Dolls With Flowers continued.
My lupin patch is fabulous again.  I love watching it fill in with green and then tons of flowers after I burn it every spring.  The scent is wonderful and you can smell it in the front yard on warm days.  They're doing their best to combat the drifting pot fumes from next door  >sigh<  slash

[Image: 52982580408_8ddbbc05c9_o.jpg]

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#24, June 17) - davidd - 06-19-2023

This is a fun visual composition, full of enthusiastic energy and color!

So… you have to burn the flower patch each spring to stimulate new floral growth? Specifically for the lupine, or the entire flower patch?

And… Fire… but you didn’t take PICTURES?

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#24, June 17) - dargosmydaddy - 06-20-2023

Ah, that is lovely-- so vibrant and colorful!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#25, June 24) - Alliecat - 06-25-2023

Thanks, both.  I love the colours in both the flowers and the doll!

(06-19-2023, 12:18 AM)davidd Wrote: So… you have to burn the flower patch each spring to stimulate new floral growth? Specifically for the lupine, or the entire flower patch?

And… Fire… but you didn’t take PICTURES?
Well, you don't HAVE to, but by the end of the growing season it's a thoroughly tangled mess of dead stems, and the year's seeds have a tougher time sprouting because they might not fall through all the grass and brush.  So I collect the seeds in the fall, burn it off clean, and then spread the seeds.  And if you burn early enough you don't damage the new growth.  There are about 2 days any spring that the conditions are right -- it's a tricky spot with trees all along one side.  Mom always used to worry that we'd wreck the sprouting lupins!
One year we didn't get it done (Dad used to do it with me) before the end of burning season, and it looked so messy.  I tried raking it out, but I think I gave up before I finished the patch.
Also it's possible that burning helps keep the tick population down.

Yeah, I did other years.  I did with Daesani.  That was why her wig got crisped and she went from brunette to platinum blonde  slash

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bad snapshot time, and not only bad snapshot, but bad phone snapshot!!  Because mum didn't get round to pictures any sooner this week and here we are on Saturday night again.
"We're house-sitting again.  Just a few days this time and not far from home in N.B.  Mum says Abyssinian cats are almost as cute and tiny as WE are!"
"Love, Sunsette"

[Image: 52998561472_2c12d417fa_o.jpg]

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#25, June 24) - davidd - 06-25-2023

That's a fun pic! Somebody(s) is/are making friends!

This house-sitting thing is a regular gig for you! You must have a reputation for being trustworthy and conscientious!

Or you work cheap.

Ah, so that's when the Fire vs Wig Debacle occurred, during a lupin burn.

Makes sense about the ticks.

So the lupins are perennials? They don't necessarily germinate from seed? So you have to be careful and not burn too late and damage them. This is quite a precision operation. You really know your plants!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#25, June 24) - dargosmydaddy - 06-26-2023

Aw, Sunsette made another new friend!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#26, July 1) - Alliecat - 07-02-2023

(06-25-2023, 01:18 PM)davidd Wrote: This house-sitting thing is a regular gig for you! You must have a reputation for being trustworthy and conscientious!
Or you work cheap.

So the lupins are perennials? They don't necessarily germinate from seed? So you have to be careful and not burn too late and damage them. This is quite a precision operation. You really know your plants!
Only 4 so far, but yeah, the first one was the hardest to get because I had to compete with all the other noobs.  I think it was the 8th one I applied for.  (Didn't help that half of them were in Hawaii and the way the site was set up then, the applications for Hawaii sits would hit 50 within the first 24 hours.   Oh My   ) Once you get a review or three, you're ahead a bit and have a better chance of being picked.
You get a place to stay for free in exchange for minding someone's home & pets.  It's a great way to travel.  Don't have to eat out all the time, have a more home-y place to stay.

They do grow well from seed.  I just collect and spread them to enlarge the patch, and to get more of the seeds onto the ground and not in any remaining notquiteburned grass.  Burning too late and yes, you would damage the previous year's fallen seeds (actually might any time, which is why I collect them now) as well as singeing the tops of the established plants that are starting to grow.

(06-26-2023, 04:07 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw, Sunsette made another new friend!
"Well... *cough*  We were kinda sorta friends maybe, BUT, Scarlett got ATTACKED!!  We were minding our own business on the nightstand and the other cat grabbed her, and had dragged her out into the hall before mum rescued her.  Scarlett didn't get hurt but we had to hide in our travel case after that.
"Love (and shudders), Sunsette"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Welllllll... photo # 26.  There's half the year gone, with a discouraging lack of progress/fruition/manifestation on a bunch of things.  sad
>sigh<
Well, there's always dolly photography.

[Image: 53015827254_b194e978d7_o.jpg]
It's been raining for a week.  Got a couple quick pix of Celeste between downpours yesterday.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#26, July 1) - dargosmydaddy - 07-02-2023

Quote:"Well... *cough*  We were kinda sorta friends maybe, BUT, Scarlett got ATTACKED!!  We were minding our own business on the nightstand and the other cat grabbed her, and had dragged her out into the hall before mum rescued her.  Scarlett didn't get hurt but we had to hide in our travel case after that.

"Love (and shudders), Sunsette"

Yikes! Poor Scarlett-- that sounds traumatic!

Celsiy's raincoat is the cutest thing (and a bit more practical than the boots and parasol smile)!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#26, July 1) - davidd - 07-02-2023

Adorable rain pic! It makes rain look like fun.

Your deck is in much nicer condition than is mine.

Yeah, the manifestation has been slow this year. Perhaps, like the rain often does, all the manifestating will cut loose at once.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#27, July 8) - Alliecat - 07-09-2023

It's REALLY quiet around here  sad

A twofer this week cos I shot two.  Bless my wee peony; it's been unhappy for years and I forget the last time it bloomed.  It made me one flower this year.  Maybe the little extra fertilizer I put on it?  It smells wonderful.
Jessie found a bug.

[Image: 53032845089_958646327f_o.jpg]

[Image: 53033144173_02cdce8046_o.jpg]

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#27, July 8) - davidd - 07-09-2023

Cute picture of Jessie and the bug... and the reticent peony! The pretty pinkness is worth the wait!

Yeah, quiet. I've been too busy to prep my pictures for posting.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#28, July 15) - Alliecat - 07-16-2023

It shouldn't take 2 computers to upload and post a photo.  Flickr is glitched on the older browser.  But that's the laptop that runs the older Photoshop and camera-upload programs.  Rawr!

Another twofer this week, and all I managed was 2 photos.  After shockingly few bugs for most of May & June, after a spell of wet weather the mosquitoes have arrived in swarms.  And it's back to dressing like a hazmat worker to go off the porch. UGH.  sad
Anyway, here's Miki our resident botanist with another instalment of Dolls With Flowers Mycoheterotrophs! 
You see an occasional Indian Pipe in the woods but I've never had one in my yard before.  Cool.

[Image: 53048935225_de9644cae5_o.jpg]

[Image: 53049040063_7b0a806296_o.jpg]

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#28, July 15) - davidd - 07-17-2023

Well worth the effort and annoyance involved because you got to use the word “mycoheterotroph” in a post! I am impressed!

And amused!

Now I gotta go look that up!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#28, July 15) - dargosmydaddy - 07-17-2023

Adorable pictures and learning what a mycoheterotroph is... just another Day on Dolly Market! smile