Dolly Market Forum
Dollfie Dream Miku - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Dollfie Dream Miku (/showthread.php?tid=7264231)

Dollfie Dream Miku - DeadlyNova - 03-16-2023

I finally got my first Dollfie Dream! I never thought I'd get into DD. Pullips and Monster High have been my main collecting focus recently, and I do have a couple of BJDs but they have never been as special to me as my Pullips. But I'm also a very big Miku collector. I have an entire cabinet with dozens of Miku figures(and she has overflowed on top of it and the cabinet next to it as well) and I finally let myself fall in love with DD Miku recently. I bought her as well as some of her outfit sets, and she arrived today. I am head over heels in love. I haven't been this excited about a new doll in a very long time! I have reboot Len on preorder and I plan to get Kaito as well(I was tempted during his preorder but that was before I decided to let myself delve into the world of DD so I talked myself out of it). 

I took Miku out for a photoshoot today! I'm still trying to get used to my new(ish) camera, so I didn't get as many shots that turned out well as I liked(it's hard to tell when it's in focus). But I really love the ones I did get! Enjoy! I can't wait until she has more outfits arrive for even more photos!

[Image: 52749777406_d3e57dec0f_z.jpg]digital girl by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 52749246637_98f7195cd2_z.jpg]digital girl by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 52749247077_ca03fa4e71_z.jpg]digital girl by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 52750025834_2d4c797b4a_z.jpg]digital girl by Haley, on Flickr

Bonus:
[Image: Snapchat-118641616.jpg]
"I'm not even the biggest Miku here?!"

Thanks for looking!

RE: Dollfie Dream Miku - davidd - 03-16-2023

Oh, wow! That's super cool!

And super coincidental! I had not thought about Miku in ages and ages, yet earlier today she came to mind. I was looking at "AI generated" video clips of animated "realistic" figures on Instagram, and those clips brought Miku to mind, the first famous "virtual idol."

Glad to see Miku the grizzled veteran, pop-culturally speaking, still getting the loves!

That cardboard stand-up is a great piece!

RE: Dollfie Dream Miku - Alliecat - 03-16-2023

Congrats on the new arrival! And it's great that you're so excited about her. Hope it gives you a boost to really enjoy the hobby again. Looks like she stands quite nicely on her own.
Does the camera let you do manual focus? Sometimes that's easier than auto with a small subject, when it wants to focus on the background.

RE: Dollfie Dream Miku - DeadlyNova - 03-16-2023

Thank you guys so much!

@davidd: I'm thinking of Miku quite often. ?

@Alliecat: I'm actually using the manual focus! My issue is that with how small the screen is sometimes I can't tell if I've gotten it fully in focus, particularly with further away pictures. But the auto focus is much more of a pain. I do love this camera, though. It takes beautiful photos when it cooperates with me.

RE: Dollfie Dream Miku - Alliecat - 03-16-2023

Ah, gotcha. And I hearya too! Many times I've thought I got something in focus, or nicely lit, on the tiny display screen... and then when I load it onto the computer, it's not. Irritated How much will it let you zoom the display? I do that a lot to check focus.
An alternative -- if you have a tripod or a fixed place to set the camera -- is to stick something in front of the doll or beside them on the same plane, like a piece of paper with clear dark lines or something -- like draw a bunch of squares with a marker -- and take focus-check shots with that. Then remove it and shoot the doll. On occasion I've resorted to putting anything from paper to my hand in front of a small face to get something big enough to focus on. ...not often, but not unheard-of LOL
Anyway, looks like you had a fun photoshoot. The second one, with a little darker ex-posure in the tunnel, could almost look like an evening shot with the full moon behind her.