davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021
Again -- cool lighting.
1/6 boots with real zippers??
If you can't repair it maybe Mimiwoo has some boots you'd like -- good prices and free shipping... although their stuff generally tends to cutesy more than outdoorsy.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(02-13-2021, 08:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm afraid that i don't hop between parallel universes, it's more like they fly around and accidentally hit me with their realities. 

Well, that certainly keeps things interesting! You never know where you'll regain consciousness!

That would actually make a more interesting situation for the character. Rather than being able to choose when and where she "skips" in time, she is struggling to avoid skipping in time while figuring out how to regain control of the process.

(02-14-2021, 08:02 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Loving the various ladies from recently - they all seem to fit the 30’s & 40’s ex-plorer vibe - even if that’s not exactly what they are portraying.

You are spot on! 1920s - 1940s ex-plorers from the tail end of the Golden Age of Ex-ploration is definitely the time period and genre that informs many, indeed most, of my characters and figures. A bit of mid-1960s "mod" but "pre-hippie" also often factors in.

(02-14-2021, 10:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: 1/6 boots with real zippers??  

Yeah. Probably why they're so pricey - around $25 - $30 USD usually. And up, of course. Thanks for the Mimiwoo tip, I'll take a look. Still have not tried to repair the broken zipper.

[Image: 50941008712_805aab4083_z.jpg]
13 February – Vampi didn't ex-pect her motorbike to run out of gas. Nor, obviously, did she ex-pect
such a sudden change in the weather. Not that she would have dressed any differently anyway.

TBLeague 1/12 scale Vampirella figure
New Ray 1/12 scale Vespa motor scooter
Real snow  sly
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Not really the weather to be stuck with an empty Vespa.
I guess if you dress like that you're already immune to any weather.
And pretty well everything else too.

(02-13-2021, 08:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm afraid that i don't hop between parallel universes, it's more like they fly around and accidentally hit me with their realities.
Miller waves.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I don't particularily feel the cold, and I've got goosepimples from looking at the photo.

what an inconvenient time/place to run out of gas!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Vell, ve don't rreally mind kolt vether... Howeverr, not all of us have the ability to wear noting but a rribbon and neverr sufferr frrom unfohrrtunate slips... Vampirrella is verry special in dat rregarrd.
(02-13-2021, 04:07 PM)davidd Wrote: Cheap date, huh? "So, how 'bout we go back to my place? I'll show you my planarian collection!"

That is, indeed, the idea I have in mind for this character. Perhaps more manipulative than truly dark.

The character name, and the appearance for that matter, of the Gwendolyn Shilling-Tuppence character is a direct steal from... or homage to... or pastiche of Kimono Troop Command's character Glynnis Penny-Farthing. K-Troop Command is a member on Flickr and on the Action Man Mobile Ops forum. Here is a link to an image of Glynnis Penny-Farthing; be forewarned, Gwendolyn is  more moderately attired than is that hussy Glynnis:  image link

Indeed grin I can actually see myself falling for that, LOL Sweatdrop

Ah, yeah, Glynnis seems to have mastered some higher form of magic that can keep her covered during her adventures Tongue

I loved the shot of yesterday's nameless girl! The setup, the lights coming from behind the glass - wow! And... her long, slender legs, of which I had a hard time taking my eyes off right These Phicen bodies seem to evoke some strange (in a good way!) appreciation for the female body I didn't know I had.

With Alliecat's photos of Petra and your picture of Vampi, I guess today's the day of the underdressed snow princesses who were never bothered by the cold anyway Tongue (and here I am, sitting next to the heater in 3 layers Sweatdrop ). This photo, again, looks like it could be a postcard, I really like the composition and the whitened edges. And that Vespa. Yesterday I spotted a Vespa in the clearance section of a furniture store, that seemed to be around 1:6 scale, but its execution didn't meet my ex-pectations (it was a regular room deco item, not an actual model), so despite the nice price (at 75% discount it cost around 13-14 USD) I decided to leave it behind. Its paint channeled Herbie heavily (not just in its colours, but it also had the number 53 painted on its side), which was a massive positive for me, but the generalised and missing little bits would have messed with my OCD if I ever tried to pose or photograph my dolls with it.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
PHICEN FEBRUARY continues:

[Image: 50945282372_c484e69c8f_z.jpg]
14 February – Claudia Biscayne

I call this character Claudia Biscayne. She may eventually appear in a photo-story installment.

Body: TBLeague S35A
Head: YMToys YMT027B
Her name and her look fits in with the rest of your adventuring crew.
What a modestly dressed lady LOL
(02-15-2021, 09:18 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: What a modestly dressed lady LOL

Relatively speaking!  yay

PHICEN FEBRUARY continues...

[Image: 50948557266_853e7e2be9_z.jpg]
15 February – Seeing as how other franchises, like "Ghostbusters"
as a recent example, have "re-booted" with female leads, and a
rumored female version of "Pirates of the Caribbean" is in the works,
maybe it's time for an all-girl version of "Hogan's Heroes."
(Just ignore me; I know nothing! Nothing!)

I'd suggest hiring Phil Spitalney's Orchestra to record the score.

Body: TBLeague S32
Head: SuperDuck SDH 018B
Yes, "relatively speaking". LOL
The little shoes look quite realistic. Hope you get some of these photostories going.

(02-16-2021, 02:28 PM)davidd Wrote: ....
rumored female version of "Pirates of the Caribbean" is in the works,
maybe it's time for an all-girl version of "Hogan's Heroes."
Whaaat. Oh dear. Back to the well. I hope it's not stupid. What was that ridiculous one about a female pirate... Can't recall the title but it was pretty silly. (and don't tell my crew...)
Anyway, you certainly have enough props and characters to make your own Hogan's Heroines story!
Both the last two ladies are very nice. I like Claudias top in particular (I like the boho chic look a lot,)

A female remake of Hogans Hero’s sounds terrible. I hope it doesn’t actually happen.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I don't know Hogan's Heroes, but from what google tells me - yes, that absolutely needs a remake with all-female crew! [/sarcasm] Your prototype of a Hogan's Heroine looks fabulous, though!

I'm not too fond of girl remakes (which might be hypocritical, as I didn't even watch any). I do think more female main characters would be great, but I would much prefer new, original, and - dare I say - fun stories instead of 'this thing but with girls'. (A devilish idea of Disney remakes but this time with princes instead of princesses just forced its way to my brain. Somebody call an exorcist!)
Hogan's Heroes could work with an all female cast, although you'd need a good looking bloke to play Helga.