Lejays17 2021 Doll A Week
(01-31-2021, 04:41 PM)davidd Wrote: Ohhh... I guess those are Christmas ornament decorations applied to a tan towel. My brain was translating that pattern as flying saucers crashed in to a sand dune.

It's after midnight here, and I obviously need to be asleep.

(Also, when I read "Daisy may need to stake Klaus," I was ex-pecting to see a vampire pic. Klaus Kinski in Nosferatu, y'know? Okay, like I said, I need to get some sleep!)

We think Klaus is in umbrella plant and so we named him after our favourite member of The Umbrella Academy in the Netflix show of the same name.
Poor Klaus looks a bit tipsy...
Quote:We think Klaus is in umbrella plant and so we named him after our favourite member of The Umbrella Academy in the Netflix show of the same name.

As a fellow Umbrella Academy fan, this made me LOL big time!
(01-31-2021, 04:41 PM)davidd Wrote: Ohhh... I guess those are Christmas ornament decorations applied to a tan towel. My brain was translating that pattern as flying saucers crashed in to a sand dune.

It's after midnight here, and I obviously need to be asleep.

(Also, when I read "Daisy may need to stake Klaus," I was ex-pecting to see a vampire pic. Klaus Kinski in Nosferatu, y'know? Okay, like I said, I need to get some sleep!)

You need to post more during should-be-asleep-hours. I love all of this, and the post has put a positively weird grin on my face for minutes. Thank you.
(it also reminded me it's likely been years since I last rewatched Nosferatu. I should do something about that...)

Klaus could indeed do with a repotting. I have a few green buddies with similar needs, but I'd like to wait for spring. There is some weird leaf and flower boom going on in my flat this January, even the Aloe vera is sprouting buds (the second year now - I always thought they don't bloom as indoor houseplants). Not that I mind any of it, it's just strange it's happening now, and not during warmer months. I'm particularly happy though, that Mitzi, the Euphorbia trigona who is about the same size as me now, is not taking part in the boom. She only needs about 20 centimetres to reach the roof (well, the window-frame above her) from the table where she is now, and I haven't yet come up with a good new place to relocate her to. It is getting urgent now...
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(02-01-2021, 01:29 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote:
Quote:We think Klaus is in umbrella plant and so we named him after our favourite member of The Umbrella Academy in the Netflix show of the same name.

As a fellow Umbrella Academy fan, this made me LOL big time!

He's the cutest member.
davidd - yes, they are definitely crashed-into-a-sanddune-flying saucers  LOL LOL

So sorry that expectations weren't met with a fun pic of Klaus Kinski as Nosferatu - only Daisy with a drunken-leaning Klaus-the-Umbrella-Plant  LOL

This week's uninspired photo is Amelia with some of the neighbour's roses.  This particular plant is along the fence-line, and I only cut the flowers that were well on our side of the fence.

[Image: 9e8bbf33fc3df6f0dfc92b3b14b83e11.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
It looks very inspired and Amelia clearly loves the roses.
Beautiful!
Dolls with flowers always make for a great photo!
Klaus from Umbrella Academy... not to be confused with Klaus from A Series of Unfortunate Events? Seems like these authors of series books could draw from a larger pool of names.

Anyway, Amelia-not-Amelia looks adorably cute in that outfit. I doubt the neighbors would have been too annoyed with her even if she was stealing their roses.

Ami could plant a similar rosebush on her side of the fence so the roses would co-mingle and you couldn’t tell which were whose.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I love photos of dolls posing with flowers - and this one is no exception! Amelia seems to like the situation too - and the roses! I was about to say it must (also) be the scent, but I think I/we've already about this bush in particular, and you said they don't have much scent, maybe only a little when you are very up close?
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Oooh, pretty smile Another vote for Dolls With Flowers!

(02-09-2021, 01:51 AM)davidd Wrote: . I doubt the neighbors would have been too annoyed with her even if she was stealing their roses.
Plus she's small enough she could probably get away with it without being spotted LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(02-09-2021, 04:58 AM)Loona Wrote: I love photos of dolls posing with flowers - and this one is no exception! Amelia seems to like the situation too - and the roses! I was about to say it must (also) be the scent, but I think I/we've already about this bush in particular, and you said they don't have much scent, maybe only a little when you are very up close?
Different roses. These are our neighbour's pink roses, which also don't have a lot of scent, but the other ones that we thought were scentless, but were informed by a friend that actually weren't, are our white roses.
Our neighbour thinks the dolly-photography in the garden is a lot of fun when she sees us, so I know that she wouldn't mind the cutting we took.
She has a beautiful garden with a lot of different flowers & plants.  We have a few interesting gardens in our street that if I knew the owners at all I would ask to use as backdrops.

Happy Valentine's Day to those who celebrate it.  Have a Great Sunday to those who don't!

Miranda & Tristan exchanged hearts today - Tristan was assured that it wouldn't be used in any type of sorcery by Miranda  LOL LOL

[Image: cb7d8b5a6dae403d2cf94c74ade65ca3.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Aw, how sweet. The setting makes it look like they're on the grounds of some appropriately-old castle.
Maybe the amused neighbour would let you go play in her garden?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]