I've never had this happen before, what do you think?
Oh no, I didnt want to scare anybody! I was just taken aback by the paperwork but if you're willing to charge the buyer 30+ for shipping and fill out the forms, it's no problem.

Arara - it probably would have been a good idea to send the package with at least tracking. ^^;

Grassshackgirl - its only worth 30 dollars (well not ONLY) so maybe not insurance but tracking def next time.

I think I'm going to only ship USA and Canada for now on tho

-BJDs : LM Harmony Chloe, Soom Galena, OR-doll Eris, Souldoll Madalyn, BC Bellezza Carla, La Légende de Temps Edria, nDoll Lovers Ver Yuko, Spiritdoll Blanc White Queen Heart Heart

-My flickr
Quote:Posted by TheAnie - 03-19-2011 05:38 PM

I'm going to have to agree with this. One or two packages I sent to a friend in Argentina turned up missing, and several others got stuck in customs for months. I'd send her something(with insurance) and she'd get it like 3 months later. So not worth the risk for you to not have tracking and insurance.

Quote:Posted by Arara - Yesterday 05:29 PM
Man, I really wish I read something like this earlier.
I sent a package to Argentina without insurance about a month ago and she told me it hasn't arrived yet. Now I'm so scared. v____v

Yeah well...that's what common for us. Boxes opened and robbed, missing packages that never arrive or paying ridiculous amounts of taxes Rawr!

Recently I found a way to get my dolls safe without any problems, and if you really want to send a doll to Argentina, I recomend you do this (if you are dealing with someone with brains enough to understand that if a doll is robbed, it's not the fault of who is sending her sly) :

Send it deboxed. Put the girl with the clothes and stand in a shoe box, it will be lighter and if you declare it like "used doll" and with a value of 25 dollars it's amost 100% sure the package will arrive safer than if you send insurance (the last time I paid for the insurance and an EMS the doll was stolen by the Customs Office and 3 months passed and the insurance money never was given.... but everytime I buy girls this way, the arrive home safely sly if they think it's not worth stealing it, it will be safer)
I'm sure in other countries EMS is a safe way of sending dolls, but here it isn't slash
Own: My Melody, Cornice, Haute NY, Prunella, Veritas, Shinku, Paja, Mercu, Oren, Chill, Cinciallegra, Zuora, Rida, Principessa, Anne Shirley, Elisabeth, Angry, Magical Pink, Monomono, Clair

My Flickr

I'm in Spain, I bought hundreds of times overseas and I have never had any problem smile
I live in Brazil, and I have to say that the mail here doesn't work very well >__<
If you don't pay insurence, it can pass months to arrive. ):~~I've bought a Papin on eBay by First Class Mail, but without insurence... The doll arrived 3 months later.
=/
And the customs don't work very well, too. My Uncanricky passed 10 days there! =O
Brazil has a problematic mail and customs, I would recommend you to send every package with insurence. It's more safe.
OT: Can I just say how incredibly lucky we are in the US, to have an extremely reliable and relatively inexpensive postal service?
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Lica - I certainly sent it with insurance and tracking. Hopefully she will make her way to her new home safely.

Truefan - I totally agree. I sent a dal head to New York to be customized, and the post man remarked that it would be "dirt cheap". grin

-BJDs : LM Harmony Chloe, Soom Galena, OR-doll Eris, Souldoll Madalyn, BC Bellezza Carla, La Légende de Temps Edria, nDoll Lovers Ver Yuko, Spiritdoll Blanc White Queen Heart Heart

-My flickr
(03-24-2011, 10:43 AM)TrueFan Wrote: OT: Can I just say how incredibly lucky we are in the US, to have an extremely reliable and relatively inexpensive postal service?

Totally agree LOL Last Friday the girls I got from Hina Ichigo arrived, but they are still in the customs office...and the other day I had to pay 30 dollar taxes for 3 wigs and the total value was 65 for them...the most expensive wigs ever Irritated
Own: My Melody, Cornice, Haute NY, Prunella, Veritas, Shinku, Paja, Mercu, Oren, Chill, Cinciallegra, Zuora, Rida, Principessa, Anne Shirley, Elisabeth, Angry, Magical Pink, Monomono, Clair

My Flickr

(03-23-2011, 05:08 AM)CherryBlossomGirl Wrote: Send it deboxed. Put the girl with the clothes and stand in a shoe box, it will be lighter and if you declare it like "used doll" and with a value of 25 dollars it's amost 100% sure the package will arrive safer than if you send insurance (the last time I paid for the insurance and an EMS the doll was stolen by the Customs Office and 3 months passed and the insurance money never was given.... but everytime I buy girls this way, the arrive home safely sly if they think it's not worth stealing it, it will be safer)
I'm sure in other countries EMS is a safe way of sending dolls, but here it isn't slash

Well, I put the Pullip in a box larger than a shoe box because she was coming in her original box as well but I put a value of $25 on it. I hope that's enough. How long do they take to get to you when people send it to you that way?
[Image: Bianca.gif]
(03-26-2011, 07:40 AM)Arara Wrote: Well, I put the Pullip in a box larger than a shoe box because she was coming in her original box as well but I put a value of $25 on it. I hope that's enough. How long do they take to get to you when people send it to you that way?

If they are in their original boxes, it's better to declare a value of $40. It's not like customs office is gonna buy that you pay a 25-30 dollar shipping for something so cheap and with such a big box upside down they will see something strange is going on!

Mmm from Usa...the normal would be not more than 25 days. Ususally EMS arrive between 5-7 days and Prioritys 15-20.

My Flickr

(03-26-2011, 09:06 AM)CherryBlossomGirl Wrote: If they are in their original boxes, it's better to declare a value of $40. It's not like customs office is gonna buy that you pay a 25-30 dollar shipping for something so cheap and with such a big box upside down they will see something strange is going on!

Mmm from Usa...the normal would be not more than 25 days. Ususally EMS arrive between 5-7 days and Prioritys 15-20.
): Great. It has already been more than a month. Should I wait longer or just refund her?
(03-26-2011, 09:28 AM)Arara Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 09:06 AM)CherryBlossomGirl Wrote: If they are in their original boxes, it's better to declare a value of $40. It's not like customs office is gonna buy that you pay a 25-30 dollar shipping for something so cheap and with such a big box upside down they will see something strange is going on!

): Great. It has already been more than a month. Should I wait longer or just refund her?

Knowing how the customs office from Argentina is, I really don't think the doll will appear. I would make the refound if that was the agreement with the girl I'm sending the doll in case I can't get other one and send it deboxed slash

pd:I know it's a pain in the **** and most of you won't send anything else to Argentina if you can prevent it, but I must tell that it's really true that there are safe ways like the one I explained earlier to send them and be sure they will arrive. I got 4 girls from this forum and all of them arrived safely and between 10-20 days, even if they came from Canada or The Netherlands Happy

My Flickr

(03-26-2011, 09:42 AM)CherryBlossomGirl Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 09:28 AM)Arara Wrote: ): Great. It has already been more than a month. Should I wait longer or just refund her?

Knowing how the customs office from Argentina is, I really don't think the doll will appear. I would make the refound if that was the agreement with the girl I'm sending the doll in case I can't get other one and send it deboxed slash

pd:I know it's a pain in the **** and most of you won't send anything else to Argentina if you can prevent it, but I must tell that it's really true that there are safe ways like the one I explained earlier to send them and be sure they will arrive. I got 4 girls from this forum and all of them arrived safely and between 10-20 days, even if they came from Canada or The Netherlands Happy

Alright, thank you very much. I'm so sad she didn't make it though. It was Shinku and the buyer wanted her VERY much. sad
(03-26-2011, 09:46 AM)Arara Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 09:42 AM)CherryBlossomGirl Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 09:28 AM)Arara Wrote: ): Great. It has already been more than a month. Should I wait longer or just refund her?

Alright, thank you very much. I'm so sad she didn't make it though. It was Shinku and the buyer wanted her VERY much. sad

sad It's awful...when my Jupi was stolen (they opened and EMS boz that had 4 dolls inside and stole her, broke my Mercu's body and send the box to my house like everything was allright) I didn't ask for a refound, but It was really painfull u.u

My Flickr

(03-26-2011, 10:04 AM)CherryBlossomGirl Wrote: sad It's awful...when my Jupi was stolen (they opened and EMS boz that had 4 dolls inside and stole her, broke my Mercu's body and send the box to my house like everything was allright) I didn't ask for a refound, but It was really painfull u.u

O____O That is completely crazy! Wow, it must be hard to have a postal system like that. I'm so sorry. ):