I finally mastered the art of hoodie making!!! :D
I've always seen the awesome hoodies people make for Pullip & Taeyang, & been really jelous, I've always wanted to be able to make them myself, & I finally can!! grin I found a random pattern on Google, & printed it off doll-ish size, then I kept measuring & adjusting it until it worked smile

The Pullip pattern is done & dusted, I'm happy with the fit (although I'm wondering if the hood could be bigger, it fits over the head but a bulky wig might be an issue), & have made a couple already...

[Image: 8720106084_26dcc9516a.jpg]
DSC_0224 by Lilcurly, on Flickr

The Taeyang one still needs some adjustments...

[Image: 8720106034_149d2a477c.jpg]
DSC_0222 by Lilcurly, on Flickr

[Image: 8720106006_2d772cdb8a.jpg]
DSC_0223 by Lilcurly, on Flickr

It's a little baggy still, the hood is a tad tight, & when you put the hood up it pulls the shoulders up, so the hood needs to be longer & wider, & I need to make the front & back pieces thinner.

But other than that I'm really pleased with how they're coming out grin & soooo pleased I've finally mastered the art of hoodie making!!

I'm going to be selling them in my Etsy store soon (which has nothing in it yet as I need to photograph everything), what do you guys think?

Congrats! I can understand, I wish to make some for my Isuls.

Yess, I had the same frustration with my hoodies and how they never turn out right! Ugh I'm beating around how to make a Pullip-sized boy's cap (that's usually pricey) and hopefully I can get it working.
I think you are very talented! You will get the dimensions perfected, though I fear that a bulky wig is a hindrance to wearing a hoodie anyway. Will you make Tae, Pullip and Dal sized? Looking forward to seeing your Etsy shop.
FEEDBACK

La la la, I don't know. The world forget... Feel like so!

Life's too short for ugly dolls!
Yay!! Finishishing a pattern is such a good feeling! I admire your dedication to it. I was wondering though, do they have an opening in back, or is the neck wide enough to slide over the hips?

Oh, and good luck with your etsy shop, you're far more ambitious than I think I'll ever be smile
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
Looks really good!
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Aw, they look awesome!! Nice job smile
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
Thanks guys smile

BH - They slide up over the hips, I couldn't figure out how to make an opening in the back & get the hood up over the head lol, so thought this way would be easier to do.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! HOODIES!

.. so wish i had monies to throw at you right now ....
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)
I admire your patience. I feel like I'm wasting my precious sewing time when I have to fiddle with making something multiple times to get it to fit. But sometimes, you just have to power through because the results are worth it. I like the polka dot one.
^I tend to just roughly stitch all the trial ones & then use them for my own dolls smile Meg got herself a nice plain black hoodie which is perfect for her on my first attempt, the hood is a little snug but her wig is long anyway, & it suits her with the hood down smile Plus like you say, it's worth it in the end grin (I get quite excited lol).

I tried the 2 hoodies I've completed on Meg last night & decided that the hoods are too tight for selling. Which is a shame as I've used my nice fabrics :/ But I don't want to sell something that isn't right, so it's back to the drawing board today to re-size the hood on the pullip pattern, & then work on the Taeyang pattern.

I will be making Isul hoodies once the others are sorted, I won't be doing Dal ones until I have a Dal, but I am planning on getting a couple of Dals this year so hoodies will follow shortly after I expect smile

I also have a pattern for leggings that I need to try out today to see if I can get it to fit right (I was thinking that once the leggings pattern is sorted, I could combine it with the hoodie pattern to make onesie!!!!!), so there will be leggings for sale too. I've also made socks of knee high & thigh high, furry leg warmers, furry gilets, 2 different styles of top for Pullip, & more T-shirts for Taeyang. Plus some wire headbands. I also have a pattern for making hats with bear ears lol, that again I need to size correctly & then I can make them for both Pullip & Isul, & in the future Dal.

So yeh, watch this space smile

Ooh shall be interested in buying from you when you set up your shop, its always great to find British/European Pullip shops to save on delivery cost and time.

P.S. I'm also hoping to open one soon (i have the name set up and ready on Etsy), just need to practise my patterns a bit more.
Dollies: Enid (Pullip Custom), Matilda (Heiwa)
Etsy shop lolidoli! Custom dolls & sweet fashion and accessories!
ooh, it'll be great to see your store too smile & yes, we definitely need more clothing sellers over here smile As shipping from the US has gotten so high now.

@Lilcurly Wow you are a big inspiration, I always like to hear the successes of motivated people. Hopefully when I get ahold of my sewing machine, I can also work on the patterns I've drawn/designed as well. I got my shop's title decided.. just nothing to put in it at the moment. Perhaps some mini canvas paintings.etc.. yay

Haha, it's funny how you make everyone want to open their own Etsy stores now.