The King has arrived!
Yeah, if his arms still bend enough so that his hands can reach his hair and his face, then you're probably fine! smile

Also, you probably already know this, but make sure not to leave Pullips' hands, or anything other than their hair and their neck (lol, no avoiding that), touching their heads because it can cause chemical plastic "melt." I don't know why, but the plastic that Groove has chosen for making Pullip heads is extremely sensitive to chemical melt, so that's one thing we collectors always have to watch out for. (In fact, those of us who rebody our Pullips use teflon tape around their necks to prevent plastic melt.) Just FYI.
Wow! I didn't know that! That's the strangest thing ever! I'll make sure to remember that.
I actually had Alice's hand up to her mouth for a couple days. I won't do that again... ~.~
[Image: 1248xmf.jpg]
[Image: wvolsk.png]
[Image: 30m8yzl.png][Image: l9w5k.png][Image: 2bthjl.png]
Aw, I'm sure she's totally fine. I just wanted to make sure you knew. smile I had my Saras's and Ddalgi's hands touching their faces for a few days after I first got them, before I found out how volatile Pullips' head plastic is. My girls were thankfully unscathed, but now I'm super diligent about making sure that NOTHING is touching their heads after I'm done playing.

Speaking of melt, did you know that Groove's/Jun Planning's own Type 2 Pullip stock body causes head melt? Type 2 is a "soft bust" body, which means that the torso is made out of silicone or some other similar-feeling material. It causes pretty bad chemical melt on Pullip heads. It even causes melt on itself, where the torso touches the hips! Even diehard Type 2 fans who want to keep their girls fully stock have had to cover the top of the neck with teflon tape to prevent further chemical melt. Isn't that terrible, that you can buy a NRFB Type 2 girl and she will inevitably have head melt? And the longer she stays like that, the worse it will get. Oh My Cry

(Groove/JP has had several blatant problems with all of the stock bodies [Type 1 has splitting limbs and visible screws; Type 2 is melt-tastic; Type 3 is inflexible and has cracking wrists; Type 4 is overly fragile and has loose wrists] that make me think they're not completely paying attention, lol.)
Jeez, they don't seem to do any testing with the materials they use. (Or quality control for that matter.)
Such a sad thing to have happen; buy a new doll, it's already damaged. sad

Great info to know, thanks! You're like my doll-guru. grin
Obitsu bodies also cause melt >.< However, it's not a certain thing. Two dolls on the same obitsu body and only one might have melt! I make sure to teflon everyone's necks ever, lol.
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
Back when I was just getting into Pullips, I rolled my eyes at this whole "melting" thing. "How bad could it be?" I thought. "Those Pullip owners sure are picky about their dolls! What's the big deal??" But then, back when I was active on the PullipStyle forums (I became muuuuch less active there after I discovered this forum Tongue ), I stumbled across some really intense pictures of face melt. Now I am EXTREMELY careful with my Pullip's heads. I don't let them wear glasses or even touch their own faces with their own hands for more than a quick photoshoot.

Though these photos aren't mine, I'm crossposting the pictures here because they illustrate how gravely important it is to protect your Pullip's head. These pictures were taken by user "x3" on the Pullipstyle forum, and if you're a member there, you can view the original thread here: http://pullipstyle.com/resource/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19761

[Image: photo48zo6.jpg]

[Image: photo49ui3.jpg]

To make matters 100x worse, that doll is a Leprotto. She's one of the rarest and most sought-after Pullips, so of course this would happen to her. sad

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but x3 off-handedly commented, "Never store a blythe and pullip together. So sad." My guess is that this happened because her Leprotto's face was pressed against a Blythe body for a few weeks.

Please be careful with your dollies. Cry

ETA: I had like, ten DM tabs open on my browser, and I could have sworn that this conversation was Aztrid's "So I want to buy A pullip" thread (http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7255673). I wrote that post thinking that I was adding it to a conversation about general Pullip care, not on Marie's personal doll arrival thread. I am so sorry for threadjacking you, Marie! I feel kind of bad about this... I didn't mean to launch into full-on dolly education mode in the middle of your excitement for your beautiful new Isul! I'm so sorry.
[Image: 12367494213_3f89d3a0da.jpg]
Pullip & Co: Myufish Custom: Josie, Aquel: Rhapsody, Celsiy: Miri, Galene: Lark
Ra Muw: Winifred, Dotori: Chloe, Yeolume Podo: Maisie Jane, Neko Mao: Nico, Tiger Lily: Autumn
Blythe: Simply Delight: Mika, Puchippu Chappu Pepa: Rumiko
Oh my god, what horrible melt! And on a LEPROTTO! Oh, that just makes me want to cry! Cry

(Pixachii, you're totally in the clear -- it was me who took the thread on the whole "melting" threadjack, so I'm the one who needs to be apologizing to Marie!!)

Marie, I am so sorry! Pixachii is right: this thread is about your Isul's arrival story! We will take our melt conversation elsewhere! LOL
HAha! That's alright pixachii and vada! It's very helpful.
That poor rare dolly. I would be so devastated if that happened to any of my dolls, no matter their rarity.
It's only Wednesday and I'm sooper excited for the weekend because it's going to be the Labour Day long weekend here in Canada-land. I'm hoping the weather will be nice so I can take some photos of my two.
(08-28-2013, 12:31 PM)pixachii Wrote: I don't let them wear glasses or even touch their own faces with their own hands for more than a quick photoshoot.

THANK YOU for this reminder to take my girl's glasses off. Whoops. I lost track of time on that one.

Marie, I forgot to say that I did not expect Romantic King to be so lovely. I always passed over him because of his stock photos. He is gorgeous!
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
sceimhiuil: I was a bit surprised too. I liked him from his photos, but seeing King in person I adore him now!

The weather is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL this coming weekend. Maybe I can find some nice places to pose the two. Show off more of King's beauty! Oh, now I wish I had a mini tea set!! T_T
Hey Marie, can you tell if your Isul has any fur, silk, leather, or feathers in his stock? I'll update the Materials thread accordingly.
Definitely no fur or feathers.
I'm 80% sure the pants are made from satin and 65% sure his boots are made from something synthetic.
I can post close-up pictures in the Materials thread on the weekend for the experts to analyze and discuss. :3
LOL, I like your precise numerical percentages. Sounds like a plan!
He is gorgeous! Adding to the Romantic King love:
[Image: TheirMajesties4.jpg]

[Image: TheirMajesties3.jpg]

(Sorry Romantic Queen - Darony has seen you off and stolen your outfit)
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
*w* Thank you for adding TF! The way you have RK's hair over his shoulders is killer!!

I'm thinking about giving my King's bangs a trim. They seem too long to me; they obstruct his beautiful lashes.
But I'm kind of scared I'll mess it up. I would ask my sister (she's been cutting her own hair for years) but I would hate her until infinity if she messed it up... xD