Show your new Doll!
Congrats on the new arrivals, you two smile Keres's face is very pretty. And how lovely being able to open Chrissie prezzies outdoors!
Sanada Yukimura is one of those dolls we rarely ever see owner photos of, so, Yay! Daesani (who is from the same line) says HI smile
Have you read about the real person this character was based on yet? I found Daesani's original namesake to be quite interesting.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-28-2020, 06:28 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on the new arrivals, you two smile  Keres's face is very pretty.  And how lovely being able to open Chrissie prezzies outdoors!
Sanada Yukimura is one of those dolls we rarely ever see owner photos of, so, Yay!  Daesani (who is from the same line) says HI smile  
Have you read about the real person this character was based on yet?  I found Daesani's original namesake to be quite interesting.

Thanks Allie. I did read about the real historical figure that Yari was based in for some context. He actually comes up first when I typed her name into google. The character from the game is also male, but I way prefer the Groove version as an ass kicking girl. So happy that she and Daesani are sort of related.
I was quite amused to learn that the original Date Masamune even had a nautical connection, funding the first successful Japanese ex!ploration vessel. So, the samurai character that I didn't think fit the usual theme of my crew, had a pass after all! LOL
I wonder what these men would've said if someone had told them that 500 years in the future someone would make a doll of them. (A what??) -- A girl doll. (A WHAT????!!) LOL
BTW, the shoes look like Daesani's, and if that's the case they're not as bad as Groove's typical boots, just fiddly. Basically socks with a plastic bottom, and you just have to wind the laces around?
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yay for reviving this thread, and congratulations for the lovely gifts! Yari has quite the attitude, she seems to be a good choice for your first Dal. I imagine she'll probably try to rearrange some of the hierarchy within your crew though Tongue

I'm always planning to post my new girls here, and never end up doing so, because I always imagine I'll set something up and take a great photo, within days of their arrival - of course that never happens like that... so today I decided to screw my perfectionist attitude and upload the quick and crappy mobile photo I took upon unboxing my newest doll who arrived just today! Meet J-doll Burgenstrasse! Heart 2
[Image: ir29Dvo.jpg]

She was surprisingly quick to arrive, and luckily also customs-free! I've been eyeballing her for months before I finally decided to buy her (luckily noone else snatched her up, and her price also dropped in the meantime ^^ ), as she wasn't on my wishlist, and I wasn't sure I would have wanted her for her initial price+customs, had she got hit with them. She's yet another great example of how (positively) different J-dolls can look in real life, because she is enchanting in person, and would have easily been worth a higher price! Her unusual, yellow eyes are mesmerizing!
She hasn't yet told me her name... I'm having difficulties, because my usual J-doll naming conventions don't quite work with her.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Very pretty. Her eyes and her costume really stand out.
That is one nice J-Doll! I love the face and her intricate dress. I'd love to see a full body picture.
As for the name, I dunno but she feel like a "Mathilda".
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
(12-30-2020, 07:54 AM)Loona Wrote: ... so today I decided to screw my perfectionist attitude and upload the quick and crappy mobile photo I took....

Excellent! This means you are now ready to tackle the ADAD (A Doll A Day, or Another Day, Another Doll) project!
LOL
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Jane is not new (she's an Another Clock Rabbit modified to be me as a child), but her dolls are. smile I'm obsessed with The Mandalorian these days. Amazing dress by Mota de Algodon!
[Image: 50779865672_c64ca52e34.jpg]
Me as a child with my new Christmas dolls by TrueFan, on Flickr
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Aww, Jane is cute and visibly proud of her new dolls! I can understand that obsession, we too got hooked on the new series - again (though the final  did leave me with a number of questions). What kind of figures are these? They are a nice scale to be used with dolls, and would fit in with my dolls small walker collection (mine actually, but they kinda stole them...  I'm looking at you Hansie... I can see that AT-DP in your hand, and I suspect the AT-ATs are also there with you under the mess, as they are not on their shelf).

[Image: fy9CMfg.jpg]

(12-30-2020, 10:05 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: That is one nice J-Doll! I love the face and her intricate dress. I'd love to see a full body picture.
As for the name, I dunno but she feel like a "Mathilda".

Thank you! Unfortunately I've already redressed her and packed her stock dress away (it is beautifully sewn and intricate indeed, but it doesn't fit the image I have of her in my head, so I'm not planning to display her in it), but this picture taken by Lilith Darvulia is showing another Burgenstrasse in her full original stock. For now, my girl has stolen an outfit I bought for Loïse (the J-doll standing next to her in the picture below. And yep, that's totally one of my AT-ATs there. Haaaaaansel! sly ):

[Image: qYzurPV.jpg]

Thank you for the name suggestion, but I'm mainly looking for a German name for her, or one that is existing both in German and Czech, since Burgenstrasse also extends to the Czech Republic. Normally when I'm naming my J-dolls, I'm looking for actual persons who were in connection with the places they are named after, but in the case of Burgenstrasse I haven't yet found one.

(12-31-2020, 02:28 AM)davidd Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 07:54 AM)Loona Wrote: ... so today I decided to screw my perfectionist attitude and upload the quick and crappy mobile photo I took....

Excellent! This means you are now ready to tackle the ADAD (A Doll A Day, or Another Day, Another Doll) project!
LOL

Well, I know I've just given you two counter-examples (and the second one especially is outside my comfort zone with its cringe-worthy quality. Oh, and you also get to see some of the mess I've already told you about. Yes, that is totally a head  in the bottom left, waiting to be rerooted Sweatdrop ), but no, I definitely don't think I could, or would want to, take on such a challenge. Creating a photo thread and posting photos there whenever they happen seems a challenging-enough plan for me ^^
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Here's the box. I couldn't believe it when I found them. There was no other Mandalorian stuff around. I think they either were returned or were found in a wrong spot.

[Image: 50779659358_2dc428beb9.jpg]
NRFB Mando and Child by TrueFan, on Flickr

[Image: 50780338977_e2b24ec558.jpg]
Must...Protect...The Child... by TrueFan, on Flickr
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Thank you for the box photo! Another one to hunt down smile I can see there's another set that comes with Cara, a Stormtrooper and the droid voiced by Mr. Waititi (I newer know the name of the poor guy, I usually call him Waititi droid Tongue ) instead of the speederbike, maybe I'll try to go for that one. A quick look around revealed that they aren't available locally, so I'll wait a bit and keep my eyes open, in hope I'll come across a sale or a second-hand pack which will make it reasonable in price to buy from abroad.
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Ooooooooo.... Burgenstrasse is lovely. Where did you find her? I think she is one that is very rarely seen? Congrats! I'm curious what are your "usual J-Doll naming conventions"? smile ...Ah, you have an Anglais too smile She was in my first pair of J's. She's so pretty.

The dolls with their mini toys are adorable. Someone is Rakin' It In with all the Mandalorian merch. I wonder what George Lucas is thinking. I'm probably not going to ever see that one unless there are DVDs someday.
The dolls with their Star Wars toys are so cute - I may have to keep an eye out for some on sale.

Burgenstrasse is lovely with her yellow eyes, so unusual. I hope you find her name soon.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you both! She's come straight from Japan, from Mercari, through a proxy site. My OCD seriously loves Japanese people - just like Kanrabat has already mentioned how Mandarake listings tend to represent items in a much worse shape than they actually are, that was the case also for her: she was listed as having an awful wig in need of changing, as well as her dress having flaws. Maybe this is why others haven't bought her before I did? Upon arrival, I couldn't find any of these flaws! Well, her wig is just as cheap-feeling as any J-doll's, but based on the description I was ex-pecting actual "comb-wear", or dry/frizzy ends - whereas I don't see her wig being any worse in its condition than Julie's, whom I bought MIB.

As for naming J-dolls, since they are named after actual places, I'm always trying to use actual people who were in connection with these places as a base for naming my girls. In some cases it's easier than in others - Julie Andrássy, and Jo Robson were easy as pie, both streets having been named after actual people (Gyula - the Hungarian version of Jules - Andrássy and John Robson), I only had to look for feminine versions of the names. In some other cases, I need a bit more looking into: Loïse des Anglais*, for instance, got her name after Reverend Lewis Way, who was among those who funded making Promenade des Anglais. And in even worse cases, I simply cannot find anyone in connection who could be used as a base... that's the situation with Burgenstrasse, but also with Aiguo East Road, who has been living with me nameless since last summer... Just as with Burgenstrasse, I've now resorted to trying to simply just find a name for her that is popular in Taiwan (and one that possibly also has a bridal reference or image assdociated to it, as the road is also referred to as "Bridal Street"), but no luck so far.

*fun fact for Alliecat: your Anglais is actually the girl who helped me bond with my Aiguo! I noticed that her wig seems to be glued just a tad bit more to the front than that of my Anglais, which I prefer to that of mine (don't tell Loïse! ^^), as it gives her the appearance of having a shorter forehead. While Aiguo has been with me for some months now, I never really managed to bond with her when she arrived - never knew why - and she's been in her box up until a few weeks ago, when I bought a J-doll wig and wanted to mock-try it on her to see if a rewigging would make her more appealing to me. That's when I realised that her wig is glued considerably further away from her forehead, giving her an almost balding appearance. I gathered my courage and pried her wig off her head (I don't know if they used more or better glue for J-dolls, but removing a Pullip's wig is child's play compared to what I went through with this tiny head! I almost gave up. Twice.), and tried to reposition it: and bam!. What a difference a few millimetres can make! After some positioning I glued her original wig back, then styled it, and now I'm in love with her smile
I might someday gather the courage and try the same thing also with Loïse - the issue is, Aiguo's wig was already messy, and I knew it will need restyling, whereas I wouldn't want to mess up Loïse's factory curls. Luckily, I still adore her also this way ^^
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
I was totally not expecting to be posting in this thread again so soon!

I was utterly surprised when I unwrapped by birthday present from Elfy, and uncovered the only other Taeyang I was interested in initially.
This is Taeyang Twilight Destiny, he's supposed to be the Prince from Snow White according to the box.  Said Prince doesn't have a name (from what I understand "Charming" is a description, not a name  LOL ), so we are trying to decide on a name.  It will most likely be an Arthurian name, front-runner is Tristan, but I'm not 100% sold on it.

[Image: 444281184ef48837c35335a2f82d77d9.jpg]

And the back-view.  The cloak is detactable, it's held on by hook-and-eye.
[Image: f5b4b5a5baf8ae04a526c5f798a1b857.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)