Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General chat thread for Monster High
So I wanted the 13 Wishes Cleo and bought her on sale at Amazon. But it's the wrong Cleo! It is I guess the Scaris Cleo. They look a lot alike but are not identical. A reviewer mentioned getting the same thing so I'm thinking it's a Mattel error. Grr! I bought an actual 13 Wishes at a store for more money, so I will probably return the one I got at Amazon to the store, although I feel bad about that. I kind of like both girls - they do look cute together - but not for that much money.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Huh. That's weird. Isn't the Scaris Cleo only sold in a 2 pack? Can you post a pic of her? I would like to see. It's an interesting mistake definitely. But I am sorry you didn't get the right Cleo. Cleo isn't one of the girlies I collect. Man. I want to open my collection so bad (lol). I still can't bring myself to do it though. I guess my Cupid is worth a lot more now. But I would never sell her anyway. She's one of my favorite dolls.

*EDIT*
Oh you could also call or email Mattel's customer service. They are usually pretty good about fixing their mistakes. If they do want you to send it back they will pay for shipping too.
At home: Angelic Pretty Sfolgia and Marie.
[Image: 12677375025_403c274cbe_z.jpg]

The correct doll is on the left (I bought one in person at KMart), the wrong one is on the right.
My feedback:

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
That's pretty neat (in a way). I've seen people post doll mix ups before. A Skull Shores Gil in a Skull Shores Abbey box (or the other way around- can't remember exactly). I wasn't sure if it was real or fake. I guess maybe it was real. It might be nice to hold on to something like that, but I'm not sure if mistakes like that end up being worth more for Monster High or not.

*edit*
P.S. I think the one on the left is a lot prettier. ^^ Her eyes look brighter or something to me.
At home: Angelic Pretty Sfolgia and Marie.
Someone on the Barbie forum said the early dolls shipped as on the left, the later dolls as on the right. I agree, the left is the one I wanted, which is why I was disappointed to receive the one on the right. She is going back.
My feedback:

Interesting. I still have mine in her box that I got on clearance, I haven't taken a look to see if she's the right one yet.

Lemme see...

Yup, she's the right doll.

But I would love to stumble upon a Gil in an Abbey box.
So the day before yesterday I thought 'huh, this monster high thing really is big, I ought to go look at the dollies and find out what all the fuss is about'.

48 hours later I have a wishlist of two dozen dollies, know most of the names, and am obsessively checking between Amazon and Ebay to find the best prices xD Darnit, they're so cute! I love how detailed their outfits are and how...bright...they are to look at smile I sure find them more interesting than most Barbies!!

Although Frankie was my initial interest I like most of the Lagoona releases so I think I'd like her to be my first doll; probably either the Dead Tired or the Swim version (I think my first should be cute, but relatively basic and inexpensive just in case I don't love her). I started out thinking I'd collect one of each character - that idea lasted all of 5 minutes LOL

There are a lot of things I wish I'd been told when I started out collecting Pullips, such as 'you will need to rewig some of them', 'their faces melt if they come into contact with their hands', 'you'll probably end up buying little outfits for them and spending more money on their wardrobes than yours' xD So what I'd like to ask is - is there anything important I should know before starting an MH collection??
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
The quality control on the face ups is questionable. You should always check the faces are to your liking. Sometimes they eyes are different sizes or not level. There are also lots of differences between dolls of the same make. Depending on the factory and country they are made in, the eyes can be different sizes, and the hair can be a problem. I don't know the specifics on which is which. Some times a doll's hair will be greasy from the glue. In fact, the glue will leach out through the hair plugs. There are fixes for this, but it's gross and a pain. Those are the big ones that I can think of. I'm sure others will give you more.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
The most recent release of Dead Tired Lagoona comes with a cup her webbed hands can't hold and slippers too small for her feet. grin So don't spend too much money on her, mine has very thinly rooted hair too, but I got her at Big Lots so didn't spend too much money.

If you're picky about face-ups, definitely buy in person. I've been lucky I haven't ended up with any atrocious mistakes, but I've heard horror stories! And yes, the hair can be really gross - in my experience Rochellr's the biggest culprit for this! - all sticky and gluey and nasty.

Some people make really gorgeous customs that will be so tempting you will soon be shelling out wayyyyy too much money. My second MH girl was a custom Clawdeen and she is breathtaking.

Oh, and if you like to re-dress your girls, you will spend lots of time picking up extra outfits on etsy and eBay. Same with shoes. grin

And the boys will be insanely expensive. I bought Cavalie with the money I got from selling a Clawd, to put it into perspective.

I have over 50 MH girls (and one boy!) and I love them all to pieces. The one thing I don't love is a segment of their fan base , the Doll B*tches. Watch out for the Doll B*tches.
Ooh, good tips, thanks guys! I'm glad someone mentioned the glue thing...if I'd found any sticky substance in my doll's hair my first reaction probably would've been panic that she was melting!

And thank you for letting me know about the shoe thing, Severity smile what a shame the shoes might not fit, I was dying over how cute those monster slippers are! Welp, I guess that narrows down the choice to Swim Lagoona or Dead Tired Draculaura (she's been creeping up the wishlist silently; everytime I see her she seems to get cuter Heart 2 )

I'll definitely stay away from the 'Doll B*tches'. Anyone who calls themselves that unironically probably isn't someone fun to be around Sweatdrop
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
There isn't usually an issue with shoes fitting, it's just that one particular doll was released with flawed shoes. Some people were using a hair dryer to melt the shoes a bit and got them on, but I lost one of them almost immediately, so I didn't bother. I haven't had any other issues with factory shoes...and I have a huge box of shoes, lol.
Okay, strange, random question... are all MH girls strung with elastic at the hip joint, or was it just the early dolls? I remember hearing that was true, but I can't remember where so I thought I'd ask. O_o
[Image: 12367494213_3f89d3a0da.jpg]
Pullip & Co: Myufish Custom: Josie, Aquel: Rhapsody, Celsiy: Miri, Galene: Lark
Ra Muw: Winifred, Dotori: Chloe, Yeolume Podo: Maisie Jane, Neko Mao: Nico, Tiger Lily: Autumn
Blythe: Simply Delight: Mika, Puchippu Chappu Pepa: Rumiko
I believe it's just early dolls.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
Eee - I just ordered my first MH girl! I chose the Black Carpet Lagoona eventually, deciding I liked her faceup just a little better than Swim and Dead Tired.

Very excited!!! Heart 2
I am so excited: I FINALLY got the Heath/Abby home ick set for Easter. I have yet to have seen one in the stores. smile my mom remembered that I told her the boy dolls were hard to find, so when she saw the set she knew I'd want it!