Severity sews stuff :3
Thank you!! Yep, all by hand, I don't know how to use a machine.
I've never done a lining: I generally use heavier quilting cotton or dupioni silk for my skirts, so I don't think I need a lining. Although I know people are often concerned about colors bleeding; I've displayed my silks on Monster High dolls for quite a while and never had any staining, but it might be different with the plastic Pullip is made from.
Well I'm glad to know I don't have to use a lining then! I find them to be a pain and they make some things to bulkyslash you do an amazing job for hand sewing though!
I love that rainbow skirt! Naomi looks so excited and happy to be all set for PUDDLE; I definitely wouldn't want to be the one to break the news about her not being able to go...poor girl.

And also, I had no idea all your items were hand-sewn--that requires some patience. I find it so tedious just sewing on tiny snaps and buttons, I can't imagine sewing an entire outfit by hand.
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
She might sneak in. smile I'm still not sure what method of transportation we're taking: if it's Amtrak I'll have enough room but if MegaBus no way!

I really enjoy doing it by hand (um, for the most part: if you'd been here the night I was cursing the inventors of denim and the inventors of pants and stupid boys for wearing stupid pants...I am stymied by jeans!!) But when I'm not making jeans I find I really relaxing! I'm usually watching TV with a cat in my lap when I sew. smile

Thanks for your compliments!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am in love with this outfit! The patterns are from Requiem's 90s grunge set...I'm about to start on an over shirt but I think I might like this just as it is. smile

((If anyone else is as in love with this look as I am, I have enough materials to make another dress & leggings set, I'd charge about $10, let me know if your doll wants to be twinsies and I can make it happen! grin))
This is what happens when I'm messing with patterns and designing dresses while watching TV from the 1980s:

I dunno, I think the side ponytail suits her! It happened on accident when I was trying to get her hair out of the way to figure out where to put in the snaps! :3
That pink dress is so far my favourite of your creations! I like the style and fabric, super pretty.
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
Love the pink dress too -- it's adorable!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thanks! It's modified from both a Requirm pattern and another Monster High scale pattern I had around. My friends on Facebook said Alanna looked very Molly Ringwald here, and I couldn't help but agree. :3 the fabric came from the huge fabric lot my auntie got me. grin
I love the off-shoulder shirt! It's really cute. And the mismatched patterns are well-chosen, if that makes any sense, haha.

The rainbow dress I took to PUDDLE. It took FOREVER - there are a ton of tiny pleats and then the layers of tulle underneath that, and then I beaded the neckline. I even made a pair of fancy underpants!

I'm thinking of using a similar technique and making a sort of pastel goth gown as my next project, and I've got two dresses that are going on etsy in the next couple of days!
I think that the dress you made for PUDDLE is adorable. smile Also, if you make a pastel goth gown I would love, love, love to see it! That sounds like such a cool idea.
It's Christmas in July!

Alanna says: "Time to start your Christmas shopping! I want a unicorn! And a Sylveon hat! And a baby brother!"

(I'll get right on that, Alanna.)

"Also now is the best time for shopping for your kitschy and ugly Christmas dresses and sweaters"

(Thanks, Alanna. Yes, this holiday retro monstrosity is going in my shop.)

And Millie, after lots of pouting, got a new summer dress:

Things In Space! It has a crinoline so it's all poofy; I think I might need to see some straps on, as the bodice is a little big for her and slips down.

All my Dals. grin
I had to get a picture before embarking on rechipping Robin; she's currently in pieces while I struggle with unscrewing her eyemech...
Oh wow! You have been so busy!!! I love what you have made for her...........and am so impressed that you hand sew it all!

I hope your tooth is better now by the way.
Since my epic dress I've felt a little sewing burnout.
But! I made this dress (upcycled from a similar floaty lacy shirt) yesterday. The stockings came later but I have to redo one of them because I sewed one with vertical stretch lines and the other with horizontal. The fabric is four way stretch but it still bugs me! I also made her underpants. grin

[Image: 29bblzk.jpg]