Mum Makes Stuff!! (feedback please?)
If my hobby is dolls, my mother's is definitely jewellery. She is a talented lady, already being a cook and seamstress, and recently she decided to turn her greatest love into a craft - she's making jewellery by hand!

She started out with a couple of prototype bracelets. And then, in a moment worthy of 'you know you're obsessed with Pullips when...' I looked at what she'd made and wondered how cute it would look as a dolly headband blush

Well, here's the result:

[Image: 29llblu.jpg]

[Image: 2ed5v1e.jpg]

[Image: e0e3m.jpg]

[Image: 9k8lxs.jpg]

They're shell discs with a mother-of-pearl-esque finish, and black agate stars. The bands are elasticated for easy adjusting. Suri is wearing Paradise Blue, while Carly models Peony Pink smile

We thought the Yeolumes looked pretty cute, so we'd like your opinion!!

Do you like them (either as bracelets, or dolly headbands)? Would you like to see other colours? Would you buy them, and if so, what price would you feel comfortable with? My mum would really appreciate it if you guys, the potential target audience, could throw some feedback at her. Feel free to be brutally honest Tongue Thank you!
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
They are cute, & I could see her selling those. I'm not a big jewelry wearer so I couldn't guess at a price. It should cover the cost of materials plus something for her time -- I like 100% markup on photo gifts I design but you can't always get that depending on the item.
You could do 2 completely different marketing approaches -- one as a bracelet; there is tons of competition from others making their own jewelry -- and one as dolly headbands, which is a niche market but collectors are willing to spend. Good luck to her smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
oooo I think they are very pretty. My Yeolumes Maisie & Agnes are clamouring for new "shinies" here so they approve LOL
I really couldn't hazard a guess about price. I think Alliecat is correct about marketing, there are ALOT of elasticized bracelets around. Dolly headbands is a smaller market but we all know that collectors see something they like and if the cost is not ridiculous - we buy it smile

I would buy purple & green w/black, also black & white. I would guess that red, yellow & gold would also be popular.

Wishing your mum the best of luck smile
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
These are really super cute as dolly headbands! I'm not much of a bracelet wearer, but I would consider purchasing a couple of these for doll use, especially if there were more color options. ^^
I think they're super cute. I bet they're great as bracelets either. I dunno about a price point but your mom does have a great style so I think she could do well selling them.
[Image: tumblr_nbzf2bMPvm1r72d9qo1_1280.png]
Yoshi [Papin] Haru [Nina] Bella [HK] Junpei [Chicca] Riley [Rot-Chan] Sky [Aquel] Poe [Puki] Trix [Rhiannon] Nala [Tweety] Mayu [Blackberry]
:: Feedback :: icon by me ::
Thanks so much everyone! Seriously, I passed the feedback onto my mother and she's so grateful to each of you for your kind comments smile

She's decided to go ahead with making some dolly headbands, and is considering the colour options and maybe some ribbons headbands as well as elastic. Please stay tuned! xD
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
my little girls just cheered and pulled up a chair to watch for new pretties LOL
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred