Hanami Cherry Blossom Party
We had a short cherry blossom season this year, as it decided to freeze just as everything became pretty. But I managed to get a shoot in with the help of some friends before all the sakura were gone. Since the tree we had access to was actually quite tall, we put together a platform for the dolls on top of one ladder, and then I would shoot while standing on (and moving around) a second ladder. My friends would try to bring more blossoms into the shot by pulling on branches as we avoided angles with houses or cars in the background. For the most part, it worked.

Random and her friends under the Sakura.

I seriously love the panda for his goofy face. The chirimen kitty and Totoro are from one of my friends, but the rest are all of Random's Big Headed friends. I seriously love the variety of keychain/cellphone plushies available now.

Technically this one could go into the Show us your new Doll thread, as it is the first photo I got of my new Bloody Red Hood. The shoot itself was the result of major goofing around and throwing stuff together. Random was dressed as a crow, and Mameshiba was not really succeeding at being a scary wolf. Vivi was just hanging out with the rest of them.

These next are all part of my Mad Mad Tea Party series. I did one in the snow a year ago, and here is the Mad Mad Hanami party.

I think there was a pretty good story going on here. From another angle I sadly didn't manage to capture, Hatter looked like he was propositioning White Rabbit.

Lunatic Queen trying to upstage everyone.

It never fails, you set up the shot, you get set up to take the photo and then the wind blows, and it's all downhill (or is that up skirt?) from there. This was actually the first shot in this set taken. There is a brick behind her, under her hair after this shot. LOL
My DM Feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7256302

My Ebay Feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=asciisensei&ftab=AllFeedback&items=25
Ahhh CUTE!!!! Cherry blossoms, augh... still under at least a foot of snow here; I hate it.
These are great & it sounds like you had a lot of fun with your friends setting them up. Get any funny looks from passers-by?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I saw these on flickr and was just blown away by them! smile Everything is so beautiful and magical! Poor Alice in that last picture though! ^^;
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

Beauuuuutiful shots! Wow! Heart Random looks utterly lovely, serene and very Japanese ^^

Oh my gosh though, that last picture is SO funny *dies laughing*
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
(04-09-2015, 09:59 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Ahhh CUTE!!!! Cherry blossoms, augh... still under at least a foot of snow here; I hate it.
These are great & it sounds like you had a lot of fun with your friends setting them up. Get any funny looks from passers-by?

I'll admit, I'm still jealous of your snow. It was in the 80s today. Too hot for my taste, and a harbinger of a hot unpleasant summer I suspect. Dead You could always make a doll sized igloo and do a shoot that way. But really Chill is probably the best doll for that set up.

The shoot was actually in my friend's back yard so we were quietly tucked away. (Ok not so quietly, since we kept cracking up and making a ton of noise laughing. That moment when Alice went over had us howling.) LOL
My DM Feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7256302

My Ebay Feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=asciisensei&ftab=AllFeedback&items=25
Oh, so very pretty! It's the perfect setting for a Alice tea party. Cherry and other fruit tree blossoms are still a few weeks away where I live, so I'm feeling very envious of you, even if they didn't last for long.
Hahaha I love the last photo!! It happens to everyone yay
The tea party looks amazing! I would love to join!! Heart
[Image: 16152755741_2441f1e716.jpg]
Ahhh! I absolutely love the photos <3 Classical White Rabbit is a bit of a stunner, I never noticed before... and that last photo had me giggling smile
It sounds like you had a great time with your friends and the work really paid off. The pictures are adorable! They look so alive and spirited. I think all the fun you were having with your friends really came through the pictures. Also, did you mention Chill in snow?
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
Gorgeous pictures!!! The one with Alice falling over made me laugh out loud! I love cherry blossoms and they're such a perfect backdrop here Heart
HeartHeartHeart
Sixpence & Song

(Custom Blythe & Custom Pullip)
HeartHeartHeart
the pictures are so cool, the details are great <3. love it
[Image: 2zsp5pw.jpg]
The Mad Mad Hanami party pictures are beautiful, the outfits and blossoms go so well together. I also love the set up in first picture, adorable!
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~