My dollies ~
Hello ! I'd like to show some of my dolls here Happy

I'm new to doll photography but I hope to improve ^^

Here's Akemi (I didn't change her name because I love this name)
[Image: 16335026122_bab4a74dc3_n.jpg]Cute Akemi ! by Kulukala Art, on Flickr

Dante, a Taeyang Tantus
[Image: 16700639633_e2d857355a_n.jpg]What's your Pokémon type ? by Kulukala Art, on Flickr

Yukie, a Dal Cinnamoroll 10th Anniversary
[Image: 15763473353_8f83d0df38_n.jpg]Yukie behind the flowers by Kulukala Art, on Flickr

Roxanne, a Dal Tezca
[Image: 17309322221_3899db2dee_n.jpg]Roxanne by Kulukala Art, on Flickr

That's all for now, but I'll make sure to post more pictures of my dolls later LOL
Aw, your dollies are so cute and your photography is great! It's colourful and fun and brings out their personalities smile

I really love your Akemi's hat Heart
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
Thank you ! ♥
I need to improve, especially for the background of pictures yay

It's not a hat, it's a jacket with a hood Happy
But it's true that Akemi is often wearing a hat. smile
Hey, you have orchids too grin (...wait, are they real...?) Dolls and flowers are a great combination. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos. You have some nice ones on your Flickr.
Backgrounds... well, the less "busy" the better, unless the background is part of the scene. Sometimes it's hard to find a good place to use for a photo. I've tried hanging shirts for a plain backdrop, and I bought some batik-like fabric which occasionally works. And if you can adjust the depth of field on your camera so the background is out of focus (or at least make sure your autofocus is on the doll) that helps too.
Keep taking pictures and having fun smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
These are fake orchids. I would like to have real ones, but as my kitty loves eating plants and flowers, I prefer keeping fake ones. ^^'

I don't have a lot of space at home to take pictures, so I always end up taking pictures with the same background...I will take more pictures outside when the weather will be a bit sunny smile
I'll try the fabric/shirt background ! grin

For my camera, I only use my phone (which, hopefully, has a good camera), because for some reason the pictures I take with my camera are always blurry (except when the flash is on). :/
I have tried various settings, but the pictures are never as good as the ones taken by the phone.

I have taken some pictures today and will share it soon smile
I'm currently in vacation in Fréjus (French Riviera), and I took Dante and Akemi with me. :3
I've taken lots of photos at the beach and at the harbor, so I've made a video ! ♥
(and there's a bonus at the end yay)

There will be a part 2. Happy
You have a really cute collection, and it looks like Dante and Akemi were having a blast! xD I really love the photos of the two of them together toward the end, those were adorable. :3
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

Oooh, je suis jalouse...
Making videos is fun smile Looks like you had a great time. Did you get funny looks from anyone? LOL
I like to combine live action and stills too. Another thing you can do is 'pan' the camera around the doll and make it a video segment with different camera angles for a particular pose.
I especially like the shots where the wind is blowing her hair.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Such a gorgeous group of dolls! Heart I love Akemi's hat smile and the video from your holiday is great!
HeartHeartHeart
Sixpence & Song

(Custom Blythe & Custom Pullip)
HeartHeartHeart
Thank you ! ♥
I'll take more pictures tomorrow, for the part 2 of the video yay
(05-25-2015, 12:08 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Did you get funny looks from anyone? LOL
Yes, all the time... But I guess it's more or less the same for everybody who takes outdoor doll photos. ^^'
But I don't really care. Everybody has the right to have a hobby, even if it's not a "common" one. If people who look at me as if I was crazy are not open-minded enough to understand that, it's not my problem. xD
But usually people don't make any comments, they just look at me in a weird way, or laugh with whoever is near them.
Once, a woman took a picture of me while I was taking photographs of my dolls. She was laughing (not in a nice way) with her friend Sweatdrop . I guess she made fun of me this way. But even that, I don't care. straight
I got insults several times too. Irritated

But hopefully, today there was nobody around when I took pictures yay
So here's the part 2 of the video ~ ♥
With many photos of Dante this time Happy

There will be a part 3 !
Tomorrow I'll go to a place called "Bonaparte Space" (it's not a museum ^^') and maybe a place called Santa Lucia. But Santa Lucia is pretty far and I'll go there by walking, so maybe I won't go. It depends on the weather. LOL
What an absolutely brilliant Vacation photoshoot on YouTube......I LOVED it!!
I love all your dollies!! They are so beautiful! I am so excited to see all the pretty dolls! I am super new to this
Thank you ! ♥

I have made a third photoshoot video, and a fourth one is coiming soon (tonight or tomorrow) !
It's been hard to not introduce him before, but I really wanted to introduce him today.
Here's Jared, my MIO Taeyang ! ♥
[Image: 19777915619_0c0319116d_z.jpg]Meet Jared ! ♥ by Audrey, sur Flickr
I tried to make him look like Jared Leto, inspired by 30 Seconds to Mars' music video From Yesterday, because I discovered his music with this song.
And I wanted to introduce him today, because exactly one year ago, I could meet (and hug...)the real Jared :3
[Image: 19938581996_dd9789f213_z.jpg]Taking a Nap by Audrey, sur Flickr
[Image: 19343803543_35195e6896_z.jpg]At the beach by Audrey, sur Flickr

Apart from that, a few days ago I found a very nice place ! Hopefully I had Yukie with me so I could take a few pictures ! :3
[Image: 19710786089_18340ab2e3_z.jpg]Yarnbomb ! by Audrey, sur Flickr
[Image: 19749355952_19800b3a57_z.jpg]I'm not daydreaming, I'm counting the clouds ! by Audrey, sur Flickr
[Image: 19720246256_2ecc47c70c_z.jpg]Exploring the village by Audrey, sur Flickr
[Image: 19871295616_9754d6638e_z.jpg]Colorful place by Audrey, sur Flickr
That's all for today ! ♥