A Whole New Look For Amethyst! Update 7/19/2015
I noticed that Amethyst's sealant was cracking for a reason I still don't know. It was all around where her eye makeup was and around the top of her nose, and since it didn't seem like I could savage most of her faceup, I ended up wiping her completely blank and started over! I was pretty sad over it, so I've been working on her just about every spare moment I got these past couple of weeks. I was able to finish her new faceup today, though she still hasn't be reassembled since I plan on adding a design to her eyelids! Still, I'm just so happy with her that I couldn't help but want to show her off a bit~ ^^;

Here's the before shot of her original faceup:
[Image: FullSizeRender2_zps3a567709.jpg]

And here is her new one:
[Image: New%20Amethyst_zpslvq62ves.jpg]

The colors are much more vibrant on her now, and she has an overall cleaner look, I think. :3 I also think making her lashes purple is a bit more fun. xD This is much closer to what I had in mind for her when I had been working on her first faceup, but since it was my very first time ever doing a faceup and I was still trying to figure things out, it didn't quite turn out as planned. ^^; But, I love her even more now than before and am so excited that I'll be able to put her back together again soon!
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

Wow, she's gorgeous! Her new faceup is perfect with those eyes!
She looks beautiful, you did a lovely job.
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
(07-15-2015, 08:27 PM)GreysPrincess Wrote: Wow, she's gorgeous! Her new faceup is perfect with those eyes!

Thank you so much! yay I do feel like her eyes stand out a bit more with the brighter colors. :3

(07-15-2015, 10:31 PM)Marilyn Wrote: She looks beautiful, you did a lovely job.

Thank you for saying so. yay <3
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

Wow her faceup is amazing! I love how you gave her an extra pop of colour with the purple liner grin
Awesome job,she looks gorgeous! I love how her make up compliments her eyes. It also gives ger a softer look which i realy like. Have you decided what sort of wig she will be wearing?
She looks amazing! You did an awesome job on her.

Very nice. I like the colours better now too. Not that Amethyst 1.0 didn't look professional, but Amethyst 2.0 is more so. Your faceup skills are clearly evolving smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She is so pretty!!
Her new faceup gives her a softer look. What sealant did you use that cracked?
(07-16-2015, 01:32 AM)Peachy Wrote: Wow her faceup is amazing! I love how you gave her an extra pop of colour with the purple liner grin

Thank you so much! :3 I'm glad you like it. ^.^ I tried my best to add as much color as I could to her without it being too overwhelming. x3

(07-16-2015, 04:15 AM)Marsian Wrote: Awesome job,she looks gorgeous! I love how her make up compliments her eyes. It also gives ger a softer look which i realy like. Have you decided what sort of wig she will be wearing?

Thank you~! smile I actually plan on using her original wig that she was wearing before. :3

[Image: 17841131248_ba13cb9e72_o_zpsq1yj1oaf.jpg]

Luckily, I tested it out on her with her new faceup, and it still looks pretty good on her. yay

(07-16-2015, 05:27 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: She looks amazing! You did an awesome job on her.

Thank you lots, Lilcurly! :3

(07-16-2015, 06:29 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Very nice. I like the colours better now too. Not that Amethyst 1.0 didn't look professional, but Amethyst 2.0 is more so. Your faceup skills are clearly evolving smile

Thank you~! ^///^ And yes, I really did love Amethyst the way she was before, but I really am much much happier with her look now. :3 In a way, I guess what happened to her was a blessing, because it gave me a chance to get some more practice in. ^.^

(07-16-2015, 08:24 AM)Severity Wrote: She is so pretty!!

Awh, thank you~! <3 yay

(07-16-2015, 12:28 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Her new faceup gives her a softer look. What sealant did you use that cracked?

Yeah, I was aiming to make her look a little less harsh. All the black and dark colors around her eyes didn't help with that. ^^; The brighter colors really make a difference. smile For the sealant, I was using MSC Flat. Since all my other dolls I had used that same can of MSC had not had that issue, I can't help but think that I must have sprayed it on Amethyst under the wrong weather conditions or something without realizing it. That's the only thing I can come up with.

*Sprites made by me*

Oh wow! She looks fantastic! well done on the face up smile
It's fine, I'll get it done later!....Feels like so
Feedback
Weak Canadian dollar got me like Irritated

on tumblr
(07-17-2015, 06:53 AM)smokeWeeb Wrote: Oh wow! She looks fantastic! well done on the face up smile

Yay! Thank you~! ^.^

Also..... Amethyst has now been put back together! I just took a quick picture of her. I mainly just wanted a shot showing her eyelids. :3 I felt like she needed something that stuck with the pastel goth theme on her faceup, so I did a melty design on them. I'll take more pictures of her later when it's not so late. ^.^

[Image: Amys%20eyelids_zpsfsu6kajz.jpg]

*Sprites made by me*

Whoa! those lids.... Heart
(07-18-2015, 10:52 PM)Marsian Wrote: Whoa! those lids.... Heart

Lols! I'm glad you like them! :3 They were fun to paint, and I thought it would kind of make for a neat hidden detail. yay

And a couple of more pictures of the now new and completed Amy!

[Image: Amy%20is%20Back%20Watermark_zpsnkrvnmqp.jpg]

[Image: Amy%20and%20Ari_zpstvyfatd2.jpg]

*Sprites made by me*