Nico the Screw-Less Wonder: 9/8 Screwless no more!
I'm so frustrated with myself.

So I brought a MIO kit back with me from Japan this summer and have been slowly working on her. I had to pause work on her and pack her away when it was time to move back to college. And I know, with utter conviction, that I was extra super careful about packing the screws so that I wouldn't get mad at myself when I couldn't put her together.

Her wig got here today, and so I was ready to assemble her, and what do you know? I can't find the screws anywhere. Like, I dug through the trash can looking for them. They're just not anywhere. I think they got knocked out when I got her faceplate out to show a friend, but the fact remains I don't have a clue where they are now.

So I went to the hardware store to get new screws for her, and got ones that I thought would work. Guess what? They didn't, naturally. But at this point I was too ready to put her together to at least see what she'll look like. So I went ahead and semi-assembled her anyway. What can I say? I'm impatient! I ordered proper screws for her online so I'll be able to fix her up properly soon, but in the meantime she'll have to go without.

All this basically to say I'm mainly just ticked at myself for failing at organization as always, and so I took a picture of her put together and am sharing to to make myself feel a little better. She'll get clothes eventually too, of course!

[Image: 20554455210_1823cd7186_b.jpg]

I have a set of yellow eye chips for her as well, because the character she's based on has eyes that change from brown to yellow depending on the situation. I haven't painted them yet to make them look pretty, but here she is with her clear chips painted semi-sloppily just so I could see what it'd look like:

[Image: 20391242292_c487586245_b.jpg]

Also, is it just me, or do her eyes not quite look the same direction? Is there something I can do to tweak that? This is my first time messing with the eyemech at all so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.
She's cute!

But what magic are you using to hold her together without screws?!

My Regen. Noir's eyes do the same thing, where they're not looking quite the same direction. Maybe it's a problem with some type 4 mechs?
(08-22-2015, 05:53 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: She's cute!

But what magic are you using to hold her together without screws?!

My Regen. Noir's eyes do the same thing, where they're not looking quite the same direction. Maybe it's a problem with some type 4 mechs?

The little knobby things that you line up when you close the head are holding her together okay, suprisingly. I don't have her wink bars in because I couldn't get her to stay with them in but otherwise as long as I don't jostle her around too much she's fine.

My Akemi's eyes are a tiny bit off too I think but it's not super noticeable on her and I think Nico's here are worse.
I'm sure you can find the basic Pullip screws at your hobby store. If not, they sell sets of them on CoolCat if you're worried about getting the wrong size again smile

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

- The Girls -
Veritas My Melody x 2 Hello Kitty x 2
Nina Chill x 2 Papin Fanatica Nana Chan
Greggia Nahh-Ato x 4 Ddalgi Stella Sfoglia
Lunatic Queen x 2 Peter Pan '14 Kirakishou Nanette
La Robe Vert Clair Favorite Ribbon Prupate x 2
Yeolume x 2 Puki JouJou x 2 Maretti
Sucre Chanti Heart Macaron

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

>> Click to add me on Flickr <<
>> Click to add me on Tumblr <<

Aw! smile
I like her blushing a lot. I'm eager to see her around more!
That sucks about the screws,though >.<

[Image: tumblr_m2313bJDaG1qfamg6.png][Image: tumblr_lkqzdsu2he1qi6qow.gif][Image: tumblr_lkl6qodkIv1qfamg6.png]
(✿◠‿◠)
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Flickr
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Instagram
[Image: tumblr_lqlg8cr6SL1ql1l0v.gif]

R.I.P
1957-2016 ♥
1949-2018 ♥♥

(08-23-2015, 12:13 AM)whimsu Wrote: Aw! smile
I like her blushing a lot. I'm eager to see her around more!
That sucks about the screws,though >.<

Thank you! I'm still getting the hang of blushing so that really means a lot to me!

So the screws I had ordered came in today... And they don't fit either. I really thought I had gotten the right size this time but apparently not. I think I'm just going to have to order them from coolcat and make sure I've got the right ones this time but it's so hard to wait!
Well, third time's the charm! I finally ordered coolcat screws rather than fighting trying to figure out the right size on my own, and they came in today and worked just fine! So glad that's over and my girl is actually, truly all in one piece now!

[[Image: 21249531415_129e1cd470.jpg]Screwless no more! by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

I figured out I had her wig on backwards too... All my previous dolls have been rooted so I'm new to this!

And since she now is fully assembled including wink bars I can show her eyelids off as well! They're nothing too fancy but I really like the way the color turned out.

[Image: 21239031932_6f91ac7b3e.jpg]Screwless no more! by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

Now she just needs clothes!