Introducing B.O.S.S. (Big Obitsu Stica Stack)
I blame Requiem Art for this idea! X3

It took some dremeling, but it was sooo worth it! smile

[Image: 25361204060_dddd75b79e.jpg] [Image: 25031513114_15a5fd0dfe.jpg] [Image: 25543309992_6184c9703b.jpg] [Image: 25031509704_b0a3da81ce.jpg]

The wig is of unknown manufacture, and was taken from a secondhand Prunella I bought on ebay (and found less charming in person, but the wig and stock are great!) Her outfit was reappropriated from a grungy $5 porcelain doll I found at the local Thrift Mart. Much better than those $80 1/3 outfit sets online! smile

I'm trying to resist the temptation to rename her "Alice." I already have an Alice army, but... can one really have to many Alices in Wonderland?
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
She's quite striking! (Although, I have to admit that Pullips' heads with proportionate bodies seem weird to me. I guess it would take some getting used to). Congrats on the new big girl!
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Oh wow, that's really cool! And I love her dress, it's adorable. (Now I'm just imagining her confusing all your Pullips. LOL "Stica, are you in some kind of giant robotic suit? ...What?? That's your body?!")

Since I imagine there had to be some modification to make the head fit on the neck, can her eyes still close/move to each side?
To me she seems like a mini on a 23cm obitsu smile)) her dress is lovely and the wig fits her so well. The color and style is perfect. BOSS is looking pretty
She's so cool! But her head being in proportion with the rest of her body feels…wrong. Sweatdrop I need time to become accustomed to it. But Stica does seem to match really well with the B.O., and congrats on the dress find! It's really pretty.
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
Well that is fun....well done!

But add me to list of those who find the Pullip head in proportion to the body really off beat.......it isn't what I expect to see! LOL!
i dunno... this mod actually makes a Pullip look reasonably attractive to me,
since i've never personally been a fan of Pullip "Proportions" (no offense towards their fans)

in any case, Great Job, OP!!!
[Image: A_Night_at_Konomi_19-10-23_FULLSIZE.png?...fit=bounds]
(03-10-2016, 06:09 PM)Skippyandjif Wrote: Oh wow, that's really cool! And I love her dress, it's adorable. (Now I'm just imagining her confusing all your Pullips. LOL "Stica, are you in some kind of giant robotic suit? ...What?? That's your body?!")

Since I imagine there had to be some modification to make the head fit on the neck, can her eyes still close/move to each side?

I had to do a lot of dremeling and cutting with a knife to make her neckhole bigger, and I think that the neck-pices's construction was altered.

She can still blink/move her eyes/etc.

Thank you, everyone!! smile
FSWTBLJ
yeah, i've had to widen a few neck-peg slots on a few of my girls' heads,
just a few moments with a fresh X-ACTO blade have so far always done the trick...
[Image: A_Night_at_Konomi_19-10-23_FULLSIZE.png?...fit=bounds]
Shes Pretty!! I love her aesthetic and I love big pullips I find them so lovely!
Big Pullip is very interesting! But I'm also not a big fan of the proportions. But that just means I wouldn't attempt this myself.
Wow, that's pretty neat! Is her dress antique, do you think? It's lovely. We're all so used to seeing Pullip proportions, but if you'd never seen a Pullip, you'd think this was how she was supposed to be. She looks like a little princess.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I don't know if it's antique, or not. The problem is that they're are so many companies emulating the antique doll STYLE, and have been doing so for very many years... The porcelain doll aesthetic seems to have been cemented in the middle to late Victorian period.

Odds are, the doll want super-valuable: she was in pretty terrible shape.

On the other hand, our local Thrift Mart is pretty odd: I picked up part of a shou-chiku-bai themed New Year's bento set thingy (I forget the name!) and a furoshiki in the same trip. That store has its moments of finding rare items.

(I've found numerous Heian-era themed items, too- including a court lady doll, a picture book of Hachikazuki Monogatari in Portuguese, and a large furoshiki covered with scenes from Tale of Genji there- all for a few dollars. I'm a Heian-era literature fanatic. I've about just decided that God loves me and places those things at an Alabama Thrift Mart just for me. I'm probably the only Heian-era lit fan in the entire state..!)

They usually have several nice porcelain dolls, too- with the occasional Barbie.
FSWTBLJ
She gives such a different vibe on this body, I like the way she looks. The dress is very pretty too, what a find!
I once bought a porcelain doll to get her apron/top thingy for my dolls, I trimmed some old lace from it and it fits my Dollfie Dream like a dream. smile
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~