Has anyone tried a Made-to-Move Barbie body on Pullip?
I haven't been on in ages (thanks, college!), but I have a semi-serious question.

I keep seeing a ton of My Froggy Stuff videos, where she is currently super into putting Made-to-Move Barbie bodies on many of her dolls. I've become increasingly dissatisfied with my Obitsu bodies (the flop...my god, the flop), and I'm looking for a change.

I realize there are going to be some skin tone issues, just like there were with Liv doll bodies. I have seen one video on YouTube so far, but it wasn't very comprehensive in terms of pros and cons of using Made-to-Move vs. Obitsu bodies.

Is there anyone out there that has experimented with M2M bodies, and can give me the lowdown?
Feel like so.
I put my tan pullip on the purple top mtm Barbie and mocha girls on either blue top or orange top made to move girls. Installation is very very simple, just shave the top until it fits pullip. Head tilts and it is not wobbly at al. The body is very sturdy. Limbs don't pop out. Of course pullip head is heavy so I don't know what the wear and tear problem will be. But so far it seems like they have great possibility range, color match is pretty ok. And they are sturdy. Plus most Barbie clothes fit well. Pants might not fit and that is due to a bit thicker thighs. And moreover they are about 15 dollars , go even cheaper when on sale.
I wouldn't really compare them to obitsu due to color. Made to move bodies don't match pale, or normal skin tones girls so most people will still use obitsu for those.
The only con I can think of is the body is slightly masculine. So the dolls look tall and have nice toned arms. If you don't want your doll to look like that I guess you wouldn't rebody her with this type body.
Yeah you can search the web people have actually tried a lot of different dolls with that barbie body type. I did see a Monster High Nefera with a mocha skin made to move barbie and it looked good. So I went out and bought some made to move barbie in case I wanted to try it on pullips, a monster high or any another doll in the future. Here a pic of the pullip I saw.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kewpie83/24078183111
I have my Venus on a MtM body.

The match isn't perfect, but better for her than any readily available Obitsu.
[Image: 26356107515_d9732e0b93_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
The body is very sturdy and holds poses well, and is quite posable, but I'm still a much bigger fan of Obitsu.
[Image: 26330132186_d1bcb3d273_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
My Venus is still floppy in the head area, but that's simply because of her terrible terrible terrible neck melt, not the fault of the body. Her neck was very sturdy the first day I put the body on her, but since the area almost half an inch around it is completely goopy and melted, it didn't last long. xD This wouldn't be a problem with dolls that don't have neck melt, though.
[Image: 25751289014_8908281a1e_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
As has been said already, the body is quite muscular, so if that's not what you're going for I probably wouldn't recommend it. Obitsu is much more visually appealing to me.
[Image: 26289937261_59ab71eea2_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
I probably wouldn't have used this body if I had any other option, to be honest. xD But I might use it again in the future, depending on if I have a doll that I think suits it.
I still much prefer Obitsu in every way, as I've never had too much of an issue with floppiness.
But this body is still a nice one and good if you want variety.
Other cons compared to Obitsu would be that you can't remove her hands or feet for dressing or anything, so it makes it a little bit harder to get tight sleeves on her arms, since her hands are rather large.

In short, I like this body more than LIV, but less than Obitsu. It's about as posable as Obitsu, though, if not more in some respects.
(12-28-2016, 06:45 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: I have my Venus on a MtM body.

The match isn't perfect, but better for her than any readily available Obitsu.
[Image: 26356107515_d9732e0b93_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
The body is very sturdy and holds poses well, and is quite posable, but I'm still a much bigger fan of Obitsu.
[Image: 26330132186_d1bcb3d273_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
My Venus is still floppy in the head area, but that's simply because of her terrible terrible terrible neck melt, not the fault of the body. Her neck was very sturdy the first day I put the body on her, but since the area almost half an inch around it is completely goopy and melted, it didn't last long. xD This wouldn't be a problem with dolls that don't have neck melt, though.
[Image: 25751289014_8908281a1e_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
As has been said already, the body is quite muscular, so if that's not what you're going for I probably wouldn't recommend it. Obitsu is much more visually appealing to me.
[Image: 26289937261_59ab71eea2_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
I probably wouldn't have used this body if I had any other option, to be honest. xD But I might use it again in the future, depending on if I have a doll that I think suits it.
I still much prefer Obitsu in every way, as I've never had too much of an issue with floppiness.
But this body is still a nice one and good if you want variety.
Other cons compared to Obitsu would be that you can't remove her hands or feet for dressing or anything, so it makes it a little bit harder to get tight sleeves on her arms, since her hands are rather large.

In short, I like this body more than LIV, but less than Obitsu. It's about as posable as Obitsu, though, if not more in some respects.

Wow she looks great thanks for the pics DeadlyNova. And the skin tone match looks good. Gets me motivated to re-body some of my dolls.
I am on my phone so I can't post properly but here is a simple link to my Flickr photo showing the three dolls I have on mtm body
https://flickr.com/photos/88782567@N00/s...1980108402
Thanks, everyone. I might hit up Walmart tomorrow and see if I can pic up one of the bodies to test on my girls.
Feel like so.