Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Cool! They do look like they fit right in. The steam roller/engine is just the right size.
...the guy in the background on the 3rd pic... "hmmm....??" XD LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Cool! There are some steam engine shows around me in Ohio. Mostly the large engines that were used in farming are on display and usually a few smaller ones like the ones the Morgensterns are posing next to. My father grew up on a farm and they had one they used for threshing so we often went to these shows when I was growing up.
davidd - it is fun! Folks from the club are very nice people and were very friendly when I showed them my dolls and asked if I can pose them with their little machines. Some were just fun things that move, but some were functional - there was a steam-powered barrel organ, for example. Also a beer booth with miniature copper and brass 2-vessel brewhouse. Don't have any photos, it was too crowded all the time... Aside from various small models, there were also genuine steam pumpers (a lot of fire stations in Czech Republic keep their old equipment from 19th century like pumpers and brass helmets as a sort of good luck charms).
Other visitors were quite interested in the dolls, mostly just looking, but several asked for permission to take photos.

Lejays - I couldn't go last time, but I was determined to make it this year, because I got a couple of wonderful steampunk dolls that were just asking to go Happy

Alliecat - yeah, the guy... The first photo I took was the only one without people at that particular booth, soon, quite a crowd gathered and most people tried not to get in each other's way, but there were also those peculiar individuals who love to photobomb others' pics, eventhough they won't have a chance to see the photos later... Never quite got why are they doing this, but hey, who am I to judge? yay

Cornflower Blue - sounds cool, do you still go to those shows?

Day 238

[Image: 207468888422b9d9014e946321a20e0a.jpg]
And a big one.

Finally got back to my Šárka series - this is Džbán #2, the whole lake from above. You can see the place where I took the first pic. The weather was great today, I hope it will last for a few days.
Wow! What a view and what a picture! Breathtaking. Wonderful weather and I will cross my fingers it lasts a while for you. smile
Spectacular photo from the rocks above the lake! Your Czech Republic travelogue is going to be a lot of fun to see each day! I'm hoping the winter holds off long enough for you to share lots of photos from around your part of the world!

I'm happy to learn that your dolls were well received at the Steam Faire! It sounds like an absolutely fascinating event!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Wonderful view! It looks like a fairly large area.

I haven't been to a steam engine show in a long time. It's not really my husband's thing and they stopped holding the one that was closest.
A great view. Sounds like a really fun outing with people's positive reactions to the dolls.
The photobombers probably aren't even aware they're doing it... people aren't very observant, in my experience...
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
renlee83 - awww, thank you!

davidd - thank you!!!

Cornflower Blue - I love that view. The park itself is only the second largest in Prague, but the largest one is actually quite a big nature reserve mostly outside of Prague, with only part of it creeping into the city, so I guess Šárka is quite big. More info on that later!

Alliecat - I usually get positive reactions to my dolls, I think that when people see how happy I am, they can't help but get a little infected with happiness themselves. Rude people usually point to me from afar and whisper to each other. My strategy is to ignore them when they're too far, or smile and ask them if they want a photo with my doll when they're close enough. They usually go away then. But that's very rare, people are mostly nice to my dollies Happy

Day 239

I had a flue attack (I'm dying from flu for a few hours, then I'm magically healthy again) in the morning, so I couldn't go outside to take photos, and weather got worse in the afternoon, it was all cloudy and the light was meh, so I ended up taking another portrait again. Hopefully sky will clear up tomorrow.

[Image: 608e18a5aae3a8b4add0ac71388397ef.jpg]

It's Bratzillaz Meygana Broomstix (First Edition Basic Line). As with all MGA dolls, I love the idea and the design, but the quality is crap.
Love the flaming red hair against the black background!
Bratzillaz! Bratzillaz! Glam gets wicked tonight!

Those glass eyes are so cool! But you're right about the overall low quality of the Bratzillaz dolls. I originally purchased three or four of them, and ended up selling or giving them away. Then I wished I hadn't.

I bought a few more when the glow-in-the-dark Midnight Beach version was released.

I wish I'd kept my First Edition Meygana.

And now I have to go to YouTube and watch the Bratzillaz music video again... and probably again after that, because it is the best toy-based music video in the history of toy-based music videos.
LOL
[quote]my Šárka series - this is Džbán [quote]
I love this photo! she blends in so beautifully! i miss mountains and rocks !
Bratzillaz Meygana Broomstix looks so pretty, she is just perfect, i love the lighting in this photo.
Cornflower Blue - me too! Her red hair is the reason I bought her, I love redheads.

davidd - we basically only got the First Edition, which is a shame, there were some cool dolls I'd like to have in my collection, although the poor quality would probably make me think twice... I don't particularly care for music videos, but my favorite toy-based song is without a doubt MH Fright Song.

Offgenemi - thank you!!!

Day 240

I have migraine today (again Dead), so no outside photos...

[Image: 6d8557d7446d55a6e9388740b3fdabfc.jpg]

Bratzillaz First Edition Yasmina Clairvoya. She and Meygana are my only Bratzillaz.
Sorry to hear that you're still not good.

Nice portraits though, I think prefer the look of Megyana to Yasmin
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I love the Steampunk pics! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Yasmina is quite a charmer with those golden eyes and purple hair!

As you know, I started my photo-story with a "budget line" Yasmina, who has painted eyes and lacks articulation. While in some ways the quality of the Bratzillaz is lacking, the First Edition figures are a zillion times better than the budget line that came later.

I only recently learned that there was a "vampire girl" in the Bratzillaz line, Vampelina, who was part of the Magic Night Out series. I've never seen her in person and she rarely shows up on the secondary market. When she does: $$$