Under the Big Top~
I recently made a two sided set for my circus girl Jovi! LOL She runs her own circus for supernatural beings, where they can be safe and have a family Heart 2

Step Right Up!~

Ringmaster~

All The World's A Stage~

Come Inside For The Ride, Your Deepest Darkest Fears~

Backstage~

We Will Disappear At Night With Blood On The Concrete~
Looking for: Dal Lucia, Sentimental Noon, Taeyang Richt

This is amazingly atmospheric, and a perfect setting for your Jovi!

I've been thinking about building some kind of "stage" type set for quite a while now. This gives me some ideas. I really like the section with the "wood" backdrop. It contrasts in a strangely spooky way with the "show" part of the stage with the velvet curtains and bright colors.

Is that an actual wood floor, or a realistically textured paper?

And how did you get your girl to stand up in those "circus" poses?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The set and the doll are awesome! I looooove circus-y and carnival aesthetic! My Pullips also have a circus, so this is right up my alley Happy
So amazing!
Heart 2 Wishing for: Optical Queen, Undertaker, and Mayle Heart 2
(09-13-2018, 04:36 AM)davidd Wrote: This is amazingly atmospheric, and a perfect setting for your Jovi!

I've been thinking about building some kind of "stage" type set for quite a while now. This gives me some ideas. I really like the section with the "wood" backdrop. It contrasts in a strangely spooky way with the "show" part of the state with the velvet curtains and bright colors.

Is that an actual wood floor, or a realistically textured paper?

And how did you get your girl to stand up in those "circus" poses?
Hobby Lobby had a huge sale on scrapbook paper, so everything but the curtains (which was fabric that was also on sale grin) is scrapbook paper! I used a poster board as a base, then covered it with the paper and added the curtains. I felt like MyFroggyStuff LOL
As for getting her to stand, I put the backdrop in a chair and had her lean against it LOL Even in the photo of her on the ball, I taped down the ball and balanced her on top, resting her head against the backdrop for support.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! LOL I've never made a thread of my photos before so I was nervous Sweatdrop

Ahh, that's so lovely!! The velvet curtains are a really nice touch. smile And that's amazing how you got her to stand on the ball.

(I'm thinking of setting up a little backdrop type thing for my dolls when I move into a bigger place, myself! Soooo excited.)
This is very cool, and also creative use of scrapbook paper. I've got some that I haven't got round to making rooms with, so definitely this has inspired me.

Love the balancing poses, with the big heads, they can "lean" against the wall but still look like they're free-standing. And you didn't stick her to the ball as well? Very patient of you to get her to balance then LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you for sharing the construction details!
Nice job on the set, and very cute photos too!
You should make more photo threads smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Great pictures I havnt had a photo shoot in ages with my girls
(09-13-2018, 07:26 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the balancing poses, with the big heads, they can "lean" against the wall but still look like they're free-standing. And you didn't stick her to the ball as well? Very patient of you to get her to balance then LOL
Nope! I taped the ball to the floor a little bit and tried over and over again to balance her on the ball LOL But, when I finally got it I took a picture as fast as I could before she had the chance to fall!

And again, thanks so much everyone for the nice comments Heart 2 I could make a thread about making backdrops when I get a chance, if anyone would want that. But, I basically just modify Myfroggystuff tutorials or make tiny sets in bookshelves to build my photostory dollhouse. And if something doesn't work I just refuse to fail! LOL

(09-15-2018, 05:22 AM)s1dthesqu1d Wrote: And if something doesn't work I just refuse to fail! LOL

That's such a great attitude! For me, if something doesn't work, I give up and think negative thoughts about myself for the rest of the day. yay
Very cute set! I’ll have to try something like this sometime.