Doll Store Loot
There is a doll store about 30 minutes away from where I live. It's been open for about 35 years, and was run by a little elderly lady. I've only been there a handful of times, because they were only ever open on Saturdays, and I usually work on Saturdays. There were a few times I went up there where they weren't open on Saturday either, so I think I've maybe only bought 4 or so dolls from them in the past. Everything was always extremely over priced, but they had thousands and thousands of interesting dolls so sometimes it was fun to just look around there. 

Unfortunately the owner passed away a few months ago. Since then they have lowered the prices every weekend, with this weekend being the very last they are open. They're open from Friday through Sunday this week, and there are no dolls over 10 dollars. Last Saturday they had none over 20, and I wish I knew about it then because I'm sure I missed out on a LOT of great dolls. 

I went there hoping to find some good Barbie dolls, as, after Pullip, Barbie is my doll of choice! Most of the Barbies were gone, though, and the handful that were left I wasn't really interested in. I did find some absolute gems, though!!(and most of them are still by Mattel.) 

After bringing these dolls home I noticed some of them had their original(to the store) tags on them and they were dated from when they arrived at the store. Most of them have been there about 20 years!

I arrived to the store this morning when they opened and left with 7 dolls!

Here's a group photo! Note that my Mattel Saucy doll(the one in the pink jumper) is NOT a doll that I got at the doll store today. I actually bought her online and she happened to arrive today.....so I thought I'd include her in this thread. 

Pardon the mess you may see in the background. I'm still in the process of clearing and cleaning all of my things to move. 

Also pardon the bad flash pictures. I'm going to take good photos of every single one of these girls once I clean them up!!

[Image: 32876023667_8f7973daed_z.jpg]Doll Store Loot! by Haley, on Flickr

[Image: 33942540328_c5b26edaf9_z.jpg]Doll Store Loot! by Haley, on Flickr
1969 Mattel Sketchy. I believe she has everything she originally came with, minus her crayons(if she came with any at all. I don't know.) Part of her desk is broken off, but for 10 dollars, she's a HECK of a good deal. The way she works is you move her arm and she draws or colors!

[Image: 33942536698_7455200302_z.jpg]Doll Store Loot! by Haley, on Flickr
1972 Mattel Hi Dottie! She doesn't have her telephone, but she does have the 'child's play phone'. Dottie is supposed to talk into her phone and say a lot of different things. I put a battery in her and she made some noise, but she can't talk without her phone. If anyone ever happens to see one for sale, let me know. 

[Image: 47819922371_00dea95402_z.jpg]Doll Store Loot! by Haley, on Flickr
1984 Tomy Kimberly cheerleader doll. I'd never seen her before today, but I couldn't resist her. She's so cute!

[Image: 47819919811_181e78312f_z.jpg]Doll Store Loot! by Haley, on Flickr
1972 Ideal Movin' Groovin' Crissy doll. (Plus an outfit for cousin Velvet.) I think she's the best condition out of all of the dolls I got today(with the exception of Brikette, who was in the box). I don't think she was originally for sale in the store, I think she was for display(her tag says so) in the cabinet with all the other Crissy dolls. She's in MUCH better condition than my other Crissy doll. Plus, she dances!

[Image: 46903508425_f87f0882e1_z.jpg]Doll Store Loot! by Haley, on Flickr
1963 Mattel Charmin' Chatty. Charmin' Chatty was the follow up to the original Chatty Cathy, with a whole new look and a MUCH larger vocabulary. She still has a pull string, but you have to put little records inside of her to make her talk. There are a TOOOON of things she can say. I'm trying to get some of her records off of ebay. I'm hoping she works. 

She originally came with some little black wire frame glasses, but those were missing, and she was displayed in the store with the little glasses sitting in her lap. I've already swapped them for the ones she's wearing here, as I already had these and they're a lot closer to her original glasses(being round). 

At 25 inches tall, she is now the largest doll in my house. 

[Image: 40853477303_9ab2362e8e_z.jpg]Uh-oh by Haley, on Flickr
Here she is next to my 60cm BJD, Charlie. They're both wearing sailor outfits right now, which is funny. 

[Image: 46903504845_5f3ded45d0_z.jpg]Doll Store Loot! by Haley, on Flickr
1977 Vogue Brikette. OKAY, so, I'm not a big fan of Brikette's face. I think she looks kind of weird. BUT, the original Brikette from the 60's is the doll they used to make Talky Tina on the Twilight Zone. Since this much smaller later version was so cheap, I couldn't help but snatch her up. I want to see if I can make my own 'Talky Tina' by getting her a brown wig. 

[Image: 47819911881_9637baa7e3_z.jpg]Doll Store Loot! by Haley, on Flickr
I don't know this doll. She's super cute, though. I imagine she's made in Japan, based on her face. I bought her a little pink dress because I don't like what she's wearing. Her store tag says "Ice Cream Doll" but I can't find any markings on her body. If anyone knows who she is, let me know!

That's all of my doll store loot! 

But Saucy wanted to make an appearance. 

[Image: 32876025357_a0695f6cc1_z.jpg]Saucy! by Haley, on Flickr
She's probably going to get her own thread later, because I love her so much....I've wanted her for years. 

this is 1972 Mattel Saucy. If you turn her arm, her facial expression changes. Look her up on youtube, it's pretty cool. Like I said, I might post another thread later with photos of her. 

Finally, not a doll, but very much related: I went to several antique stores after my doll shopping spree, and came across this AMAZING alarm clock that's a replica of Barbie's convertible from the 60's. (the clock is from 1996) 

[Image: 47767643312_4f023c86f9_z.jpg]Barbie Clock by Haley, on Flickr

Thanks for looking! Soon it'll be dolly spa day! I might post updates on their conditions here, like if I can get Dottie or Charmin' Chatty to work.
Damn! It's always nice to visit a literal museum and being able to take some treasures home for cheap! Some of those old dolls are dowright creepy while others are super charming. And I love it!
It's sad to see such a place close down though.

In my city, there's a flea market that is basically a huge chaotic antique shop. I'll have to hunt down there once again.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
What a lucky find!!! These are all so very cute. I have a soft spot for vintage dolls like these but I never really had the desire to take any home. I have one girl I stole from my aunt from like...the 80s or 90s that are like these but that's it. I love all the outfits and hot pinks! My favorite is probably Sketchy.
Hi Dottie! is just the cutest looking doll. Aw!

Love Charlie's look of confusion that someone has usurped him as tallest smile
It's kind of sad that the store owner passed away, but it sounds like she got to do what she loved for a lot of years!

I imagine some real treasures were snapped up over the past several weeks as prices were lowered. You certainly found some unusual and classic toys from the '60s and '70s! The Sketchy doll reminds me of the clockwork automatons from ye olden dayes! And Charmin' Chatty, with her little records, reminds me of a toy telephone my brother got for Christmas when he was very young. You could put different records in the phone and have conversations with different characters. I remember a favorite being a conversation with Santa Claus. I hope you are able to find some of Charmin' Chatty's records, and that her mechanism still works!

It's such fun that you were able to find some treasures to add to your collection at such reasonable prices!

And that Barbie alarm clock is too cool!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!