Summer dolly projects
I've tangled with stubborn eyechips before. My go-to-technique is to pop those eyechips out from behind using a tiny screwdriver. I then tap the handle of the screwdriver with a hammer. It usually creates enough force to loosen/crack the eyechip out. Unfortunately, sometimes this can also damage the eyemech as well.

I love how your Tina looks with the red eyechips!
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
OK, I have a mech I can sell you! (I wanted to make sure I had at least two).

What color chips are you planning on giving Yeolume? Because my extra mech does have chips in it already....
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Sorry to disappear there... first week back at school and I'm beat!

So shortly after I posted last, I gave the eye yet another mighty poke with my screwdriver... and there was a mighty CRACK! Good news: the eye chip finally came out! Bad news: the plastic peg that holds the eye globe to the rest of the mech also snapped. sad

As far as breakage goes, it could be much worse. I attempted to reattach the peg with a little bit of tacky glue, which did not hold for long. I then tried a little more, which seems to be holding better but loses the ability to move the eye. I am going to try to ex.periment with that this weekend when I (hopefully) have more time.

But yes, a new eye mech may be in order! Let me know how much you want for it, True. I was planning on giving her brown eyes.
I like Tacky Glue but I do find it to be kind of soft, so I'm not surprised it didn't hold the eyemech solidly.
If True's will work out for you I'll delete the Facebook requests?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Quote:I like Tacky Glue but I do find it to be kind of soft, so I'm not surprised it didn't hold the eyemech solidly.

If True's will work out for you I'll delete the Facebook requests?

I haven't heard back from TrueFan yet and I'm still attempting to fix the mech (the glue gave out again during my attempt to reassemble... looked at some stronger glues today in Target, but they all had dire warning labels that made me a bit leery...), so I'm trying to keep my options open! One way or another, I'm hoping this works out smile
I hope so too. Yeah, the warning labels on some products make me put them right back on the shelf! I'll leave those posts then, until something works out.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Spent the weekend tackling the eye mech from hell... I reglued the broken bit with my Tacky Glue, then started the process of trying to reassemble the mechanism (which I disassembled about a month ago in hopes that it would make the chip easier to remove). I am not very mechanically minded, and despite having a Dal eye mech in front of me to use as a model, I still found it very confusing figuring out what went where. During this, the glue failed yet again, at which point I tried to put everything together without the loose eye globe being attached to the swivelly bit. This ended up working, finally, and then I was able to glue the peg on after everything was in place. Thus far, the glue seems to have held, and I was able to reassemble the whole doll (getting her on the Dal body I purchased for her also proved a little difficult, but what about this doll hasn't been??).

So here she is... I named her Patience upon arrival because it took patience to get a Yeolume, and then she definitely required a lot of patience since then! I would still like to get her a custom face-up someday, but I'll be patient with that, too smile

[Image: 48708930372_ce8862910a_z.jpg]Patience1 by tisue999, on Flickr

Thanks to everyone for their advice during this ordeal, and for finding/ attempting to find me a replacement eye mech-- it was much appreciated!
Aw, what a cutie! I'm glad all your hard work paid off. I like to think I am somewhat mechanically minded, but fear of something like this happening is why I don't change eyechips! LOL
I like her style. Hope now that she's all put together, you'll really enjoy her.
she's cute!
My feedback:

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
After all that trauma, her pretty brown eyes turned out nicely.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I'm glad you were able to fix her eye mech! Her new eyes look great!
Well, we're at the end of summer, and I was not nearly as industrious as last year, but I figured I'd show off a few new acquisitions.

This Pullip Cornice was my one of my only actual doll purchase of the summer... She was a total impulse buy, and I love her. Here she is after I finally finished restyling her (the wig just came today). Her tights and boots are from HelloCoolCat, her skirt is a Liv skirt from ebay, and her shirt is by CopiousSpareTime on etsy. The wig is a Monique Rebecca in foxy red.

[Image: 50282103638_b294f844f6_z.jpg]vega2 by tisue999, on Flickr

Another picture with more accurate colors (I'm still trying to get used to the new camera...)

[Image: 50282940452_efaa80774b_z.jpg]vega1 by tisue999, on Flickr

Back in late winter/ early spring when things were especially miserable, I spent some time researching doll customizers in attempt to keep my mind off other things. I wanted more custom dolls in my collection, but it can be hard to find ones that look nice, are reasonably priced, and are US based. In the end, I managed to find a few, and in June I sent four dolls off to be customized (3 mio kits, and the poor Yeolume I posted about last year). Two of them are still with the customizer, but I've gotten two back, and I'm really pleased!

The first is Hawthorne, a Taeyang customized by Buff. He is my first full custom Taeyang, but Taeyangs are my favorite and I'd definitely love more! (If any one has suggestions for customizers who are good with boys, let me know!) I'm not totally sold on the wig I have on him right now, but otherwise I love him!

[Image: 50282799806_a44ea1a542_z.jpg]Hawthorne1 by tisue999, on Flickr

The second custom was a mocha girl by It'sDollGood. Her wig just arrived today as well, and I love her in it! She still needs a name, though.

[Image: 50282781026_ccc7370f07_z.jpg]momio3 by tisue999, on Flickr
They all look great!
My feedback:

I really like Cornice’s wig. It gives her some sass with style.
Nice pair of customs. Looking forward to seeing the other two when they arrive.

Cornices wig is so cool, I love the curly/ringlet style a lot
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)