Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Thank you very much, everyone!

Both of our 'patients' say it's about as bad as regular flu, and they don't seem to be ex!periencing any of those weird symptoms like loss of smell and taste. Both are at home, they didn't need to stay in the hospital, which I'm grateful for, spending holidays alone (skype parties just don't cut it...) is bad enough as it is...

Hot chocolate did help, and while I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, I'm much better today.

(12-18-2020, 10:01 AM)davidd Wrote: One of my relatives got the first in the series of two vaccination shots today. I asked him if this means he no longer has to wear a mask. He said no, because it is still possible to catch and spread covid. I was all like, whaaat? Then what is the point of the vaccinations? He said everyone will need to wear masks until everyone has been vaccinated. So again... what is the point? Is this just another money-making scam by the medical industry? And another social control ex-periment by government?

We here have been told that it's because you can be immune to covid as in the disease, but the virus itself can 'stay under the radar', when it sits in the host body inactive and therefore it doesn't trigger the reaction of immunity, and it waits like this for encounter with a weaker host who isn't immune, so that's why even vaccinated people can still spread it, but don't quote me on that, so many ex!!!perts have said so many things already, I'm losing track...

Day 353

My complete Azone crew is here to provide more cheerfulness!

[Image: fef44bc4f624c939cd23a3d84614235d.jpg]

Liselotte and Monty have been with me since summer 2019, Rick and Lil' Fairy girls joined the cuteness army this year. And I have another one on pre-order, but she won't arrive until March. Pre-ordering Azones was the name of the game this year. And I think the next year won't be all that different.

(In case you're wondering about the size difference - Pure Neemos are standing on a box, that's why they appear to be much taller than Piccos)
That could be a holiday ad for Azone. smile Good to hear that everyone is feeling not too bad.

As I have heard it ex-plained, the point of the vaccine is to stimulate an immune response (like any other vaccine) so that if you do “catch” Covid, you have some defence against it and are “95%” less likely to get really sick, thus not contributing to overwhelming the medical system, requiring a ventilator, etc. So you could still have the virus in your system and pass it on to someone more vulnerable.
That said, demographically I would be among the last groups to be recommended for it, and so far I am content to wait and see what happens with those who do get it.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-18-2020, 11:05 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: We here have been told that it's because you can be immune to covid as in the disease, but the virus itself can 'stay under the radar', when it sits in the host body inactive and therefore it doesn't trigger the reaction of immunity, and it waits like this for encounter with a weaker host who isn't immune, so that's why even vaccinated people can still spread it, but don't quote me on that, so many ex!!!perts have said so many things already, I'm losing track...

So in short, "They" (who make The Decisions) will never allow us to return to "Old Normal," despite telling us for the past year that we can get back to normal "once there is a vaccine." They didn't really ex-pect there to be a vaccine, or at least, not so quickly, I guess. So now they have to come up with another excuse to keep us locked down and masked up.

Oh well... the hot cocoa was good. I'll have to do that again tonight.

And that pirate lad! Arrrggghh!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Salome is beautiful. I keep looking at her for my own, but I have two Alices already so don’t really need another one.

I hope your relatives recover quickly and that they don’t get badly affected by it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
The Azones are all so cute - and tiny! Even with the ones standing on a box, they are small.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Ahh, your Azone collection is so lovely to look at! I love your Lil' Fairies best. Though they make Vel want a friend...
Thank you very much, everyone!!!

Day 354

My favorite besties (from backstories I didn't make up myself anyways) - EAH Raven and Maddie! Raven is my no.1 favorite EAH character and Maddie my no.1.5 favorite character, no.2 being shared between Ginger and Briar. But I love most of them, really.

[Image: f01d3128e0fe85425b3d741c9048df19.jpg]

Raven just wouldn't look my way. Also, her face is stained from the collar, so eventhough I love her outfit, I feel a new one is due.
Raven and Maddie look like such unlikely friends in this pic; one looking so severe and proper and "royal," and the other looking rather silly and goofy and disheveled. I mean, a tea cup on her head?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I squee over Maddie's multi-colored hair whenever you post a picture of her. Actually, Raven's hair is pretty cool, too. I wish I could find Pullip-sized wigs like those!
Raven and Maddie look like they make a fun pair! Coming to think of favourites, I don't think I have one from EAH. Then again, I'm really not that familiar with them, as I bought my first doll years after the line started, it took me a long time to... digest? them (though that's not the right word, it sounds much more negative than how I felt about them. I just... wasn't interested). Also, I haven't seen a single webisode or movie, and I'm just as clueless about the characters' backstories. If I try to think about it,I'd probably say Blondie, because of who she is (other than my username here, there's another nickname I've been using for long years, and it's Goldielocks in Finnish, due to the fact that I was often called golden-haired as I grew up), but I also believe I enjoy her looks the most.

I'm in love with your pastel Picco Neemo girls, their colours are pure eyecandy.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Raven & Maddie are a perfect contrast - it’s not surprising they are besties.
I like the feel of 2 besties out for a day of fun.
.5 increments of favourite is a concept I could use LOL
They do look a little mismatched but they look like they're on their way to have some fun.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Ahh, the best besties. I really do adore the energy you get from this pic.
Thank you very much, guys!

Raven and Maddie are indeed very different, but in a way that lets them be the best of friends.

Day 355

This is my advent wreath. Do you guys have them? I love them. I'm not a Christian, so I don't have candles in traditional colors, I just go with whatever I like (usually purple, would you believe that?), and I also don't have the Christ candle, I'm only using the wreath as a lovely decoration / timer.

[Image: 6f0f3cbfa4c0ca1b5541b7030da72692.jpg]