Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Aww, your original bear is so adorable, he looks so loved and worn, but so well cared for at the same time. Your new bear is beautiful! Love his colouring, and his fur looks so soft <3

It looks like patches in the photo, but the idea of colour tipping is great -- I'd always be floofing the fur to watch the colours change LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
He's so cute, I love the paw-prints on his back-paws.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-15-2020, 10:23 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Life-size bear! Almost. Looking forward to comparison photos!

They will be coming! Not sure when - I do have another round of A to Z starting tomorrow - but they will be coming! 

(08-16-2020, 12:11 AM)davidd Wrote: Multiple birthday days! Hooray for that! And off to a fine start with this colorful critter joining your crew!

Well, multiple days to show off how spoiled I was >< Helter is a great addition, I must admit! 

(08-16-2020, 06:35 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: Aww, your original bear is so adorable, he looks so loved and worn, but so well cared for at the same time. Your new bear is beautiful! Love his colouring, and his fur looks so soft <3

He's the most spoiled bear of the Room. Helter's plush is quite soft, actually, I'm amazed that comes across in a picture! 

(08-16-2020, 11:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: It looks like patches in the photo, but the idea of colour tipping is great -- I'd always be floofing the fur to watch the colours change LOL

I did spend a considerable amount of time on Friday doing just that actually... LOL

(08-16-2020, 03:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: He's so cute, I love the paw-prints on his back-paws.

Heee, this is a thing I've only found with Charlie Bears (the company) and I love it. 

- - - 

229. Birthday Haul 2 / Time to Play

[Image: 73562976_03bbf405930a451232586de121b37769_standard.jpg]

"So we're definitely playing these today, right? Also, we need Animal Crossing." 

Basil showing off my other birthday gift! A Nintendo Switch Lite with Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu, and Pokémon Shield. (Yes, I have started both.) This one was a surprise as I'd been looking to get a Switch myself and could not find one in stock anywhere. So, yes, delighted to have. And on a shallow note the colour is fantastic.

Also: I took numerous pictures here, and this was the clearest one. Those without flash looked dull and dark, and no matter where I aimed, or adjusted, flash still shone on one of the games. Clearly, I still have a lot to learn about photography.
Basil and you will have a great time with the switch.
Congrats on the Switch! Stupid coronavirus messed up the market pretty badly. Basil looks like a veteran gamer!
Well... I guess we won't be seeing you around much for a while. You're going to be busy... or distracted... or immersed!
LOL

Very cool addition to the pile of birthday loot!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Nice haul! I have been playing with the thought of getting a Switch for a couple of months now - some of the Pokémon games released for it seem so tempting, even if I'm normally rather an old-school console fan, and today's 3D graphics are usually too much and unappealing to my eyes. That said though, I am currently not able to justify its price - or I'd rather say I definitely don't want it as much as I find it ex-pensive. Maybe someday.

Basil seems determined! I hope you've had a nice amount of playtime today smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(08-16-2020, 08:31 PM)Elfy Wrote: Basil and you will have a great time with the switch.

We're been playing it a lot the past few days and, yeah, we're having a ton of fun with it! 

(08-16-2020, 11:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Congrats on the Switch! Stupid coronavirus messed up the market pretty badly. Basil looks like a veteran gamer!

It really did, but Nintendo's competitors have taken notice of this market change. Playstation are going to ship more units of the PS5 than initially planned - 9 million instead of 5 million, I believe. Basil tends to play a lot of games on my Kindle, he's looking forward to the change. 

(08-17-2020, 02:41 AM)davidd Wrote: Well... I guess we won't be seeing you around much for a while. You're going to be busy... or distracted... or immersed!
LOL 

Very cool addition to the pile of birthday loot!

Lol, I'll still pop in! But yeah, I do wanna get through my games. A friend also got me Stardew Valley and I just learned how easy it is to get sucked into that one... 

(08-17-2020, 05:51 AM)Loona Wrote: Nice haul! I have been playing with the thought of getting a Switch for a couple of months now - some of the Pokémon games released for it seem so tempting, even if I'm normally rather an old-school console fan, and today's 3D graphics are usually too much and unappealing to my eyes. That said though, I am currently not able to justify its price - or I'd rather say I definitely don't want it as much as I find it ex-pensive. Maybe someday.

Basil seems determined! I hope you've had a nice amount of playtime today smile

I don't know if this will help to sway you either way, but if you have the Switch, and an account for Nintendo E-Shop you will find they do bundles of their classic games for free download. A friend was telling me about it, and how fun it was to play these old games on a bigger screen than the Game Boy ever was. Also? Pokémon: Let's Go is very much in the style of the free mobile app Pokémon Go, if that will help you work if whether or not you would be inclined. It makes it a good game to give a newcomer to the series. 

We've had a lot of playtime! We're rotating through my games - one game per game - so that they all get equal play-time. 

- - - 

230. A is for Annabelle

[Image: 73597882_300a3ff2594084d31d8ac24dceb4a48e_standard.jpg]

Annabelle Lee, probably my most favourite BeGoth doll because this girl is just gorgeous. According to the profile provided with the doll, her favourite colour is crimson, she has a pet dragonfly called Edgar, and she likes needle point. 

In the Room, she's a post-grad student, completeing an MLitt in a course called The Gothic Imagination (which is a real course at Stirling University! I don't think she goes there, but the course seemed perfect for her.)
Heart

I believe the the word gore-geous applies to her, even if she's not a Monster High doll.

...And I feel sudden need to return to college!
(08-11-2020, 09:01 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I don't know if this will help to sway you either way, but if you have the Switch, and an account for Nintendo E-Shop you will find they do bundles of their classic games for free download. A friend was telling me about it, and how fun it was to play these old games on a bigger screen than the Game Boy ever was. Also? Pokémon: Let's Go is very much in the style of the free mobile app Pokémon Go, if that will help you work if whether or not you would be inclined. It makes it a good game to give a newcomer to the series.

Ah, that sounds good, thanks for the tip! I never even thought it's possible to play the older games on this too, that sounds great!
I do like Pokémon Go, and now that you can run around with your buddy out of their ball&running around with you, it got even cuter. I think it's exactly the element I fell in love with in the Let's Go games. This, and the high amount of customisation possible for your character. I'm really not a newer-type of gamer, so the ability of making your character resemble you to this extent sounds amazing to me grin

Annabel Lee is beautiful and looks very classy! I LOLd at the pet and his name though - before reaching that part of the sentence, I was about to ask if she's named after the similar-titled poem a certain Edgar wrote. No more questions, I guess Tongue
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
She does look like the poem could be about her.
(08-17-2020, 02:41 AM)davidd Wrote: Well... I guess we won't be seeing you around much for a while. You're going to be busy... or distracted... or immersed!
I have never been a video gamer, of any sort, but I gather this device is all the rage...
I miss the friend I used to exchange frequent messages with, since they fell into the Animal Crossing abyss.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Enjoy the games, but do surface regularly for photo-taking!

Annabelle is very stylish indeed.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-17-2020, 11:13 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Heart

I believe the the word gore-geous applies to her, even if she's not a Monster High doll.

...And I feel sudden need to return to college!

I think you're right in saying that.

Also, ngl, I found that course when looking for options for going back to uni to do a post-grad. I would need to look into it a bit more, and see if help is available for different factors, but it would be nice. It helps that the campus is stunning, and could be a setting of a piece of gothic media itself. Granted, it'd be more moden gothic. (Also, this year's course looks at witch media. I could watch The Worst Witch for course credit. That is too cool.)

(08-18-2020, 12:37 AM)Loona Wrote: Ah, that sounds good, thanks for the tip! I never even thought it's possible to play the older games on this too, that sounds great!
I do like Pokémon Go, and now that you can run around with your buddy out of their ball&running around with you, it got even cuter. I think it's exactly the element I fell in love with in the Let's Go games. This, and the high amount of customisation possible for your character. I'm really not a newer-type of gamer, so the ability of making your character resemble you to this extent sounds amazing to me grin

Annabel Lee is beautiful and looks very classy! I LOLd at the pet and his name though - before reaching that part of the sentence, I was about to ask if she's named after the similar-titled poem a certain Edgar wrote. No more questions, I guess Tongue

It was one of the things that swung me towards wanting one - being able to play the older games. And, yeah, if you like Go, you'll like the Let's Go titles. The interaction with the title Pokémon in each one has me genuinely wanting to pick up the other version just so I can enjoy that as well. It's the same game, just slight variations, and I know this, and yet. That is the power of the cute. 

Heheh, yeah, this is the BeGoth where her name origin is very obvious. Room!Annabelle does like Mr. Poe's works, but she far prefers Emily Dickinson.

(08-18-2020, 10:37 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She does look like the poem could be about her.

I have never been a video gamer, of any sort, but I gather this device is all the rage...  
I miss the friend I used to exchange frequent messages with, since they fell into the Animal Crossing abyss.

I need to re-read the poem, it's been a while. 

I am still keeping up with friends - we tend to play together. 

(08-18-2020, 06:16 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Enjoy the games, but do surface regularly for photo-taking!

Annabelle is very stylish indeed.

Of course! I have got photos planned out till... well mid-December, atm. And some basic planning done for next year. Because I got really bored one day and sat and planned it out. 

Annabelle is a delight to have in the collection! 

- - - 

231. B is for BMR1959 - Ruth

[Image: 73635119_5e70c5c0321ea8f5afcb526b515d8f11_standard.jpg]

My third BMR1959 doll, and now there's a new wave out! Wow. Anyway, this girl has the best face-up of any Barbie I've seen in a long while. I did move the plastic jacket, and... I think I'm going to redress her from that hoodie. It's nice, but... yeah, I think a redress would be nice. But seriously, her face is stunning. And yes, Ruth is what I called her.
What a babe!

Agree with the redress, she could use something that would let her wonderful face shine.

I'm quite tempted by her, though lately I usually decide not to get more playline dolls and save the money for more Azones/Pullips/BJDs instead. I guess I've drifted away from playline dolls, but I still enjoy seeing them in others' photos a lot!