Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
I believe you meant "P for Practically Perfect."   Tongue

Your Mavis makes me laugh every time I see her! Her enthusiasm is irrepressibly contagious!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Thanks, all!

- - -

343. S is for Sting

[Image: 78471402_4228fd9873da77e8396e9b876d04d344_standard.jpg]

This being the Crow Sting variation. Because cool.
No idea who he is, I'm guessing another wrestler, but I agree, he looks cool.

I do know The Crow, however. Great movie
OK, I had to look up this "Sting version" thing, because I had no idea what that is. I recognised the face as The Crow immediately, and it gave me massive confusion because I thought of Sting as the singer, and I just didn't see any connection Tongue Scrolling down I understood the reference is rather due to the shirt pattern, and upon looking it up, I now understand there was a wrestler who went by the name The Crow. Funnily enough, the figure's head sculpt resembles more Brandon Lee than the wrestler to me - but the body shape is definitely not Brandon Lee/Eric Draven.

The Crow is such a big childhood favourite film of mine... I should rewatch it sometime soon, it's been awhile since I've last seen it. Thinking about the film just now has made me LOL due to a realisation connected to reference I made a few days ago - while I definitely wasn't on the villain's side in this film, I did have a sort of crush over Michael Wincott who was appearing in a villain sort of a role. What did I say about my teen aesthetic preferences and soft spot for villains? I guess instead of wondering how I developed the aforementioned crush on Loki, I should rather be wondering why I find it surprising Tongue
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Looks like one of the dudes from the glam rock band KISS.
He does look a bit like a KISS member, I also think he looks a bit like The Undertaker from the WWE.
My first thought was also KISS - I’ve never seen The Crow (but I’ve seen trailers & stills & have an understating of the plot), so can see how he looks like Draven.

And I know nothing at all about wrestling, so seeing your figures is always educational.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thanks all. So to clear up confusion, the figure is of the wrestler Sting, who was most famous in WCW in the height of the Monday Night Wars. I called this the Crow version of Sting because before taking up this look, he was more of a blonde surfer guy. This is probably the look most people remember him for, and for the talk of him being like the Undertaker? A dream match many people had thought of - and will likely never be - was Undertaker vs Sting.

Sting showed up in AEW last week, actually, so that'll be interesting...

- - -

344. T is for Trish Stratus

[Image: 78523966_20f2a48057e09be3215218b1c3e1fd1a_standard.jpg]

Last of the wrestling figures I'm showing! This is an old Jakks Pacific figure and it's honestly not too bad considering they didn't have the RealFX face scan property for their figures.
I've never seen this type of wrist joints.

I find it interesting how many wrestling figures (and dolls) are there, never knew wrestling was so popular. Then again, I'm the person who doesn't know Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, comics superheroes, Pokémon, vast majority of Disney movies, Harry Potter (I dropped the series after the third book), and many other popular franchises that I can't even remember right now, so it's not surprising that I don't know about wrestling...
I first wanted to say Trish's smile doesn't seem as cheery and honest as those of the other girls, but I looked up pics of her IRL, and it definitely seems accurate. The resemblance seems OK to me too based on the photos I've just looked at, though it seems they used some set-up promotional photos for reference rather than photos shot in action.

I wasn't aware of RealFX face scan being a thing. While there are several (and probably more and more) good lookalike figures nowadays, there's also a considerable amount of action figure celebrity heads being sold online that look nothing like their inspirations, so I guess the technique is not available to everyone (maybe it's ex-pensive?).
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Ahh the lovely Trish. She was one of the most consistently entertaining female wrestlers out there.
Thanks all!

The wrist joints are an interesting thing as they do provide some interesting poses. From what I understand RealFX is a bit more costly at the outset but it does well in the lead up. And yeah, Trish always could talk on the mic and in pro-wrestling, that's about half the job right there. Maybe more during the era she was at the most popular.

- - -

345. U is for Unknown

[Image: 78573188_648734c5848790235c626779c1112af1_standard.jpg]

Unknown because no name seems to stick with this girl... I'll find the right one for her!
She's really cute though!
She is cute! And she looks slightly offended that she doesn't have a name smile
Wrestler Trish reminds me of Beth, the wife of Dog the Bounty Hunter (a television program that was somewhat popular in the States several years ago).

U the Unknown is a cute face sculpt. Perhaps she needs a more memorable outfit. She might look good in a "spy" type outfit, like "Agent Havoc" by Jacalls on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jacqalls/50634800876/

And if she were a spy or secret agent, having no name might be useful!