Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Everyone agrees the stockings look good, completing her outfit. That's such a pretty blue.
Doll-a-week is easy; perhaps you can do that next year.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
You have such a great collection. I hope you can keep posting next year, like Allie said Doll a Week is less stressful.
Alice absolutely needs socks - she looks incmplete if she doesn’t have them. That’s a great job you’ve done on them.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you, all. I'm glad you liked the socks. I will admit, I was a little miffed that the Disney Store didn't automatically give Alice socks, considering they gave the Animator version socks, but who knows. A Doll A Week might be an easier thing for me to manage, so I might try my hand at that.

- - -

352. Sewing: Basil's Long Sleeved Top and Dunagrees

[Image: 78902777_6ff2a3758108fb8b15d534f422da7c49_standard.jpg]

I know he's been wearing these in some pictures before, but this was outfit sewn just for little Basil here. I didn't realise till after I'd made it that it was an inadvertant Oor Wullie costume, but it suits Basil nice and he can sit down in the dunagrees well. Might remake the top, but for now, I'm liking it.
He looks dapper in this outfit! Monty approves, too!
That's a super cute outfit, I especially love the dungarees, well done! Are you sewing by hand, or do you use a sewing machine?
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
He looks adorable!
He’s super cute in this outfit.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Basil can sit down in his dungarees... on his bucket? Have you found an appropriately sized pail yet?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The outfit really suits him. Nice job. Did you have a pattern or did you make it up as you went?
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thanks, all! I sew by hand generally speaking, I do have a machine but Basil's stuff is a bit too small to work properly on it. Plus I find hand-sewing more relaxing. I draft up patterns myself by generally drawing around the doll I want to sew for and working out the general shape. Always cut the fabric a bit too big because it's better to have a big more that you can pull in, than too little. The dungrees were just a general trouser pattern, and I added a front piece and straps.

(Still trying to find a properly sized pail, but a lot of my doll accessory plans went out the window this year. Ah, well.)

- - -

353. Sewing: Freya's Cloudy Dress

[Image: 78950005_bcf01aae190bc73bdb9634bafe8da911_standard.jpg]

Yes, we're just going to have a lot of pictures of stuff I've sewed this year. This is a little dress for Freya, and it's the most basic dress shape there is, but it looks nice for her. Bright, and cheerful.
I love that pattern and color on her!!! So cute!
That is a pretty fabric. I definitely couldn’t sew by hand that neatly!
Fun that she's posed in front of the sewing kit! So this outfit is literally fresh off the production line!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The basic patterns are great for showing off the fabric pattern - and the clouds on the blue are very serene.