davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Not quite as warm and inviting-looking as the PTFCo's party, but a big "WOW" for all the little details and props!
(12-26-2020, 02:11 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Not quite as warm and inviting-looking as the PTFCo's party, but a big "WOW" for all the little details and props!

Yeah, I definitely agree! I prefer the look of the PTFCo party too. My sequence was created as a photo-story response, so it has a certain visual style to it that isn't as "pretty" or as "cute" as I would try to achieve were I using different figures. The sequence was supposed to illustrate a hastily assembled party held in a grungy dive bar.

Did you see the picture of Bratz Cloe that precedes the party scene? Same setting, but "warmer" and "prettier." Still not up there with PTFCo, but a cozier look than the party pics.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Quite the gathering your group had. I like them posing for the staged shot by the tree.
(12-26-2020, 04:58 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Is this Cloe new? I don't remember seeing her around...

Is that the room / diorama where the blacked out Frank used to hang out? Though 'hang out' sounds somewhat wrong and noose-y in this case...

Bratz Groovin' Golf Cloe has been misplaced for over two years now! She joined the crew new-in-box back in March 2018, and is one of the few new-in-box dolls I actually opened fairly quickly. But she was only photographed once or twice before being put away... and lost! I had wrapped her in paper and somehow she ended up in a box of mostly Monster High, and while I have searched for her a few times over the past couple of years, I did not find her until yesterday, while I was looking for something else that I have misplace and have yet to find.

Good eye! Yes, this is the room where Frank spent many a day slumped unconscious in a chair in the back corner. Over the past few weeks I have doing some repair and restoration work on this diorama. It was originally assembled quickly for a short-term project and was not intended to become a permanent diorama. I ended up liking it, so I kept it, but it has been falling apart for quite some time. While it still needs some detail work, most of the structural repairs are finished, including reinforcing the walls and making them taller, extending the length of the side walls, and almost doubling the floor space. I want to add some more posters to the walls, install permanent lighting, and finish painting a cabinet that will be installed behind the bar.
What a terrific setup! It must've taken ages to decorate all that and pose all the figures. It's such a fun mixed group and really conveys a lot of atmosphere. You've had really neat lighting on all these recently, with the different colours.
Is Bob holding a ... bullhorn...?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yay! A party! With a lot of people! They all look like they're having so much fun!

Aah, so that's why I didn't remember this Cloe (fun fact - I just typed Cleo two times in a row before getting it right. Muscle memory, I guess)

It's a fun room, I'm glad you kept it.
(12-26-2020, 09:07 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It's a fun room, I'm glad you kept it.

Yeah, so am I. It has turned out to be a fairly versatile setting.

[Image: december26.jpg]
26 December – Post-Holiday Clean-Up

Integrity Toys Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki gets stuck with cleaning up after the holidays.
I wish I looked that good while cleaning-up after a party...
(12-27-2020, 02:46 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I wish I looked that good while cleaning-up after a party...

Dark, sunken eyes, a deathly pale pallor... from how you've described yourself, this is pretty much what I picture you looking like.  Tongue
Ugh, hate post holiday cleanup. I don’t have that much to do but it would be nicer if I had pretty lights to do it by.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The bad thing about a party is that there’s always the clean up after.
Clean-up after the party is the worst part. Your party scenes are great, lots of things happening & people interacting.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: december27a.jpg]

[Image: december27b.jpg]
27 December – Alternate Universe Kenna Roswell

Neon's musings about creating different "shells" for the same character set me to musing about creating a version of Kenna who would fit more seamlessly with "action figure" type figures. Here, Neo-Kenna is portrayed by a YMToys head on a TBLeague S35 body. She's wearing Real Kenna's clothing, other than the beret and shoes.

Real Kenna's stretch mesh top is presently being worn by another character (Tærra Symmes), but it would easily fit the S35 body. I don't remember why Real Kenna is wearing brown boots rather than her black and white sneakers, otherwise the resemblance would be even closer.

Despite the relative success of this experiment, I have come to like Real Kenna enough that I do not want to change her. Real Kenna's "playline" appearance enhances the comical effect of her interactions with Doctor Evil. And... that side-eye expression: how can you top that.

However, I have another idea... no, two other ideas for Neo-Kenna. Her head has already been re-bodied for another character re-shelling experiment, and another head has found its way on to this body for an entirely new character.

Stay tuned!

Okay, gang, I'm throwing the last of the bags in the car and hitting the road here in ten minutes! Dig you cats later!
Ooooh, awesome! Neo-Kenna looks great! And I think her character will make a great addition to the seamless +action figures' storyline!

Have a safe trip!

(12-27-2020, 02:53 AM)davidd Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 02:46 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I wish I looked that good while cleaning-up after a party...

Dark, sunken eyes, a deathly pale pallor... from how you've described yourself, this is pretty much what I picture you looking like.  Tongue

Well, deathly pale pallor, yes, sunken eyes, yes, but my eyes - as in irises - definitley aren't dark, and neither is my hair, also, I said 'good', and as much as it saddens me, unhealthy complexion and eggplant-colored circles under eyes don't really help with that at all...
I know lots of people "re-shell" characters, but I don't think it would work for me -- I get used to how they look and that's their "look".
Will be interesting to see what your next ideas are.
Safe travels.