Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
Ooh, I hope your peaches are ready soon. Amelia looks excited at the prospect of them.
Well, isn't she just the perfect model to show them off!
Amelia looks right at home in that peach tree! And proud, too! I hope the fauna will save most of them for you to eat. What kinds of birds raid peach trees over there? I don't think I could name a vertebrate eating them here (wildlife, I mean).
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Wow a peach tree! Hope you take more photos of Amelia once the peaches are ripened, be such a great photo op! Love her orange hair. I am partial to the girls with orangey hair. ♥
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
Clever pairing a figure with peachy hair with the ripening peaches!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Ooh, peaches! Lucky girl!
To answer Loona as to what birds might raid fruit tree here. I suspect both the lorikeets and the wattle birds probably would, but the cockies definitely will. My mother saw them completely denude a neighbour's almond tree one morning. They're destructo birds.
Thanks for the answer Elfy! Ah, so the verdicts are the birds everyone around the world find cute and wish they would have around - everyone but you, who actually have them around grin This isn't the first not-so-cute thing I hear about them, I've also heard Aussies complain about their annoying loud voice. Coming to think of it, these birds, when kept as pets, do like fruits, so it seems logical that they also like them straight off the tree... Even though I find them cute too, I guess I'm OK staying with sparrows, tits, blackbirds, pidgeons and the occasional crow as my permanent balcony pals.
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Peaches!!
(Insert standard envious-of-your-warm-climate sentiment)
I like that you picked a doll with peachy hair to show them off. I'm wondering if I dare take a chance on peaches at the grocery store (produce is often kinda crummy) to try a peach version of haupia/fruit pie...
Hope the critters leave them alone. Maybe you need one of those owl-eye bird-deterrent thingies to hang in the tree. A random google search showed lots of ideas including this: https://www.birdsandblooms.com/birding/b...uit-trees/

(11-16-2020, 09:55 AM)Loona Wrote: so the verdicts are the birds everyone around the world find cute and wish they would have around - everyone but you, who actually have them around
Yeah. Pretty much the same thing people say about how cute & fun it would be to have deer in your yard, and I say "not".
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Well, I love the cockatoos (though I'm partial to galahs in particular). We have olive trees and fig trees and they love eating the heck out of it, (same with other parrot species like Rosellas) but its always too much for us to eat so we don't mind. They are loud but I don't find it so bad... usually when they are like flying somewhere in a flock. Lately we had a pair of Kookaburras that sit and sing and sing every afternoon, and early morning, they are loud KOO KA KA KA KA KA... its great though, I love them. LOL Maybe I have a high tolerance to bird shennanigans but I find them great. The only native birds that are a little annoying (due to swooping/being sneaky and territorial) are the crows and magpies.... but even then I dont mind them too much. But being swooped by a magpie is pretty scary though!
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
We do get galahs from time to time. I like them, too. You rarely ever see just one galah, it's generally in pairs or a flock. We also have a family of local kookaburras, too. I like them as well, they chase off crows and magpies. If there's one bird we don't get here that I'd like it would be a toucan. I find them very cute.
I'm a massive bird lover, so I'm sure I wouldn't mind the sound of either of them if they also lived here. I especially love listening to kookaburras on video footage, they make me laugh just like laughing babies make other people laugh grin and they also look super cute.
Magpie swooping does sound scary though - but it also led me to a discovery when I was looking up related information a few years ago: upon hearing about it so often, I was wondering why they never do this over here, they just rattle around (that's what we usually call the sound they make) - and upon research I realised that what I thought is a magpie over there, is, in fact, not what we call a magpie over here. Similar in colour, but a different bird smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Magpies can be evil birds, and I say that as someone who has been swooped by them. My parents had a dog that hated magpies with a passion. I believe it stemmed from an incident in puppy hood, when she was given a bone to chew on by my parents, but they noticed some magpies eyeing off the bone and as Kelly was at the time a very small puppy, my parents were concerned that the magpies might peck at her eyes to try and get the bone, so they brought her inside. She sat at the back screen door and watched the magpies peck all the meat off HER bone. From that day forth she hated magpies and would always chase them whenever she saw one. Other birds didn't bother her, she would often let them play in the yard, but whenever she saw a magpie she went it. Being Richmond supporters, we were totally on board with this behaviour (the mortal enemy of the Richmond supporter is the Collingwood supporter, and the emblem of the Collingwood Football Club is the magpie, which is why they are referred to as the Pies). Having said all that magpies do sound nice when they're caroling.
(11-17-2020, 01:40 PM)Elfy Wrote: Being Richmond supporters, we were totally on board with this behaviour (the mortal enemy of the Richmond supporter is the Collingwood supporter, and the emblem of the Collingwood Football Club is the magpie, which is why they are referred to as the Pies). Having said all that magpies do sound nice when they're caroling.

LOL  This is making me laugh! A lot!  yay
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(11-17-2020, 01:40 PM)Elfy Wrote: Magpies do sound nice when they're caroling.
Oh! That's another discovery there! smile For some reason I never looked up video footage of your magpies doing other stuff than swooping, so I never realised what sound they make. Their caroling sounds super adorable! For reference, this is what ours sound like (you'll see why I referred to it as rattling grin )

Oh... I can't blame Kelly for hating magpies with a passion after such an incident... that story is sob-movie material, poor thing... I never had dogs or bones in my household, so I guess it might get messy, but wouldn't it have been an option to also bring the bone inside, so that Kelly cound continue chewing on it instead of having to watch it being eaten up by others?
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can