Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
I presume the person that helped design her, right? LOL Or is it someone else? I'm glad you managed to get one! She came out when I was on hiatus so there was no chance for me. LOL

Sorry, it's called Canadian Bay, not Canada Bay. My bad! Still a cool name! And pretty place it seems.
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
(11-23-2020, 03:49 PM)dunneh Wrote: I presume the person that helped design her, right? LOL Or is it someone else? I'm glad you managed to get one! She came out when I was on hiatus so there was no chance for me. LOL

Sorry, it's called Canadian Bay, not Canada Bay. My bad! Still a cool name! And pretty place it seems.

Not the designer, hint: their name begins and ends with d. She was a limited release, too. Until we got her, we called her Steampunk Bunny Girl.
Ah, this beach is lovely, I really like the shapes water has eroded the rocks into! The girls seem to have enjoyed the beach day too, and you've gone at the right time for them to be able to find little puddles that they could actually "use" smile

(11-22-2020, 06:45 PM)dunneh Wrote: I never see people post pics of their Amelia, she is so rare.
This calls for pictures of a certain Escadrille! Khm-khm Tongue
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
The rock pools there are great, except when one of the dolls decides to take a dip.
The Little Rock pools are the perfect size for the Pullips.

Dunneh - you asked about taking photos in public. We’ve taken them to quite a lot of places, and I don’t remember anyone ever saying anything. People watch us, and sometimes kids will say something to their parents.

Generally there aren’t a lot of people around when we do the photos, so that possibly helps with the lack of comments too. But I have taken them into the city before & taken photos there.
I guess my “secret” is that I’m not particularly worried about strangers staring as I’m probably never going to see them again.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(11-26-2020, 08:48 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Little Rock pools are the perfect size for the Pullips.

Dunneh - you asked about taking photos in public.  We’ve taken them to quite a lot of places, and I don’t remember anyone ever saying anything.  People watch us, and sometimes kids will say something to their parents.

Generally there aren’t a lot of people around when we do the photos, so that possibly helps with the lack of comments too.  But I have taken them into the city before & taken photos there.
I guess my “secret” is that I’m not particularly worried about strangers staring as I’m probably never going to see them again.

When I took my Grover plush out in the US for photos I got comments ALL the time-- people were nice but it was annoying to answer them constantly LOL But people are less forward in Australia generally speaking, and will probably just stare and not actually ask me about stuff, so I should just go for it too. ♥  I am just a bit shy though. 

Aha! I see who it was now who cornered the market on Amelias. LOL

Uninspiring photo this week - but yes, Alliecat, she will be unboxed shortly!  I want her outfit / props for the Pullips.  LOL

Elfy saw this on the shelf last week when we went to the beach (I stopped by the yarn shop, he wandered over to the department store to browse).

There were 3 Barbies promoting sports for the 2020 Olympics.  Sports Climbing, Skateboarding, and Softball.  So of course I had to get the softball one!  (And yes, I know there was a MTM baseball one made, but it is a different sport  Irritated )
(I'm also going to look for a white t-shirt with blue sleeves, so it matches my own uniform.  I have a blue hat already).

[Image: 04927482566951e0e237b9aad52ede91.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Whichever of the girls wears that will look great, and very professional.
Very cool! The Olympic Barbies are all really neat, though they make me sad because they remind me that we were supposed to have the Olympics this year. Cry I didn't know there was a softball one, nice find!

I have not seen the 2020 Olympics Barbies here.

Were the prices discounted?

I wonder if these will have "collector value" in the future? Or will there be a million of 'em left unsold?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oh yes, the Olympics... I wonder if we get to have them next year. She's cute, it's nice to have a doll representing your 'own' sport (eventhough her stock will be stolen by Pullips).
I see my anti-box stance precedes me... Tongue
I also wondered if they were discounted. Agree it's fun to have a doll that represents your favourite sport. Is it just the perspective here or is her head rather larger than one might ex-pect?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Ah, she looks cool.
(12-01-2020, 01:56 AM)davidd Wrote: I have not seen the 2020 Olympics Barbies here.

Were the prices discounted?

I wonder if these will have "collector value" in the future? Or will there be a million of 'em left unsold?

No discount, but we don’t really have the excessive discounts you seem to for overstock.  They generally end up in the Reject Shop (an overstock shop that sells overstock at a slightly reduced price.  That’s where all the Haunted Rochelles ended up  LOL LOL )

I seriously doubt that they will be Collector Items.  Like that George Washington barbie you got a while back that cost more to post than the actual doll cost you  Happy  I’m going with millions unsold.
(12-01-2020, 11:24 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I see my anti-box stance precedes me...  Tongue
I also wondered if they were discounted.  Agree it's fun to have a doll that represents your favourite sport.  Is it just the perspective here or is her head rather larger than one might ex-pect?

I was predicting that there would be a comment about setting her free if I didn’t mention it first  LOL

No, I think it’s just perspective - it looks like a normal barbie head size.  (I do find it hard to judge, as the majority of my dolls are Pullips or EAH, which have larger heads too, just not as much as Pullip does).