Elfy's Doll a Week 2021
(07-25-2021, 03:44 PM)Elfy Wrote: . Yari quite likes that, along with any other combat sport, but doesn't understand why spear fighting isn't an event.
LOL

(07-25-2021, 08:09 PM)davidd Wrote: Seeing dressage described as Norse dancing makes me laugh.
Me too xp wink

They never show much of that here. I would love to have watched dressage. When I was taking riding lessons in high school, I wanted to learn it. I was never particularly good at riding and an allergy to horses led to lessons eventually petering out.
Cute photo; she looks completely absorbed in studying the techniques.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Opal looks like he's thinking, "Yeah, I could do that..."
(07-25-2021, 08:39 PM)Lejays17 Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 08:09 PM)davidd Wrote: Seeing dressage described as Horse Dancing makes me laugh. I’ve never thought of it in those terms before, but I suppose that’s exactly what it is!

Especially when they were doing it to music, as far as we could tell.  It really is amazing what they can do with the different steps.

Isn't there a Beatles song that mentions a dancing horse?

And of course, Henry the horse dances the waltz!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-25-2021, 08:09 PM)davidd Wrote: Spear throwing is an event! The javelin competition dates back to the original days of the Olympics! I’m sure Yari will find some entertainment when that competition begins.

Seeing dressage described as Horse Dancing makes me laugh. I’ve never thought of it in those terms before, but I suppose that’s exactly what it is!

Yari has not yet encountered the javelin event. I am sure that when she does it will leap into favouritism, though.
Oh, they look quite enthusiastic about watching the games. I haven't even realised they started, still living under a rock, I guess  Sweatdrop
There are plenty of events that I'm sure Yari will like, many involve equipment that seem appealing to her. Spear throwing would have been my first recommendation, too  LOL
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
The dolls interest in the Olympics continues as the competition enters its second week.

[Image: 55806d76c7471547bedfa4f420243ba0.jpg]

The athletics began the other day and while the event hasn't actually been held, someone told Yari about the javelin, so she immediately ran out to the backyard to start practicing for Paris 2024.
Plenty of time to practice a lot before Paris! A lot of the dolls have been very inspired by all the competitions. Look out for a bigger post next week smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yari will be a force with which to be reckoned in Paris! Look at her intensity! She already has a champion mindset!

Or... a killer mindset. It's all in how you channel that energy, I suppose.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Go, Yari!
Better get out of the way!
Looking forward to your bigger post. Dolly Olympics?
Dang, I usually always watch at least some, but I’ve been busy and also don’t want to sit inside watching TV when it’s nice out.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yari is a very determined little doll/Dal. She is finding it hard to grasp the idea of throwing a perfectly good spear away when you're not even trying to stab anyone/thing, though.
(08-02-2021, 03:18 PM)Elfy Wrote: She is finding it hard to grasp the idea of throwing a perfectly good spear away when you're not even trying to stab anyone/thing, though.
Okay, this made me laugh way more than how funny a statement like this is supposed to be  LOL Sweatdrop
I have no doubt about Yari having the determination required for sportsmen/women, and I'd definitely be rooting for her if she made it to Paris in 2024.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
And the Olympics continue!

[Image: 29e04d02d125c2b307003aae2fa51505.jpg]

Reasoning that he's essentially a bunny and they're very good at jumping, Finn think he may have a fair chance at the high jump.
It's a fair assumption - does he write down his scores after each jump too??
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
He wouldn't do it on a shirt, but a journal would definitely be the sort of the thing Finn would do.