davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021
(07-06-2021, 05:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: Somehow I don’t think the Ameliae would be much help in an actual conflict.
I dunno... I imagine they could surround the enemy, start TALKING, and send them running for cover! xp LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-06-2021, 02:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Between the Ameliae squadron and all these military guys you are accumulating quite a private army there.

Yeah... I hope they don't stage a coup!  Oh My

(07-06-2021, 05:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: Somehow I don’t think the Ameliae would be much help in an actual conflict.

Planning is not one of their joint strengths, no.

6 July - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: july6.jpg]
6 July - Curse you, Red Baron!

I know, I know, it should be an English plane that is crashed, because the Red Baron was German....

GI Joe figure photographed against an image on a computer monitor.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Maybe change it to curse you, Snoopy!
I can’t see the photo? There’s text-type in a box but no (pretty?) picture.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
That background works pretty well too.
Lejays, maybe it's just taking time for the forum to load...?
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-07-2021, 04:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: Maybe change it to curse you, Snoopy!

That probably would have been better, yes.

(07-07-2021, 10:11 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I can’t see the photo?  There’s text-type in a box but no (pretty?) picture.

I'm hoping it was a temporary temporal aberration in the space-time continuum... or a short-term glitch with my photo host. I can see the pic, although perhaps it is stored in my browser cache. Apparently Elfy could see it... or maybe he's psychic.

Nice ride by Ben O'Connor yesterday, huh?

7 July - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: july7.jpg]
7 July - Spotted On The Ground

Funny thing, I was thinking about Beany Babies just a couple of days ago. The Beany Baby fad. The Beany Baby craze. The Beany Baby madness. The Beany Baby investment bubble. Are Beanie Babies still around? Is Ty still around? Or was this, like, some kind of archaeological relic from the distant past (pop-culturally speaking) brought to the surface by geologic upheaval and revealed by the erosional forces of wind and rain? Well, wind, at least, as we haven't had any rain here in months.

No rain in MONTHS? Wow. Things must be tinder-dry sad I hope people will be careful -- idiots still throwing cigarette butts in dry regions in B.C.
I had a penpal for some time who sent a beanie bear at Christmas. Every year. A bear. Now, one or 2 are sort of cute I guess, but, every year it was the same thing in a different colour. I love plushies and am rarely bored with them, but "Oh look, a beanie bear" got to be kind of a chuckle after a while.
Yes, they are still going; I see "Beanie boos" with the great big eyes in stores, and I just saw you can still get them on Aliexspress for about $6.
(And if anyone wants an America beanie bear, a NY beanie bear, a pink beanie bear, a..... hit me up xp )

(I didn't really get that other thing from the essay... my read (admittedly half awake on a teeny phone screen) registered more the opposition to those stereotypes. >shrug< Just let it roll off, like... well, a duck... Tongue )
Can see the pic now - it must have been a momentary glitch when I looked yesterday.

That’s funny, and a nice use of tge background photo.

I’ve got a few beanie bears - they’re all Christmas themed I think. So only appear once a year (if they’re lucky)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-08-2021, 03:24 PM)Alliecat Wrote: No rain in MONTHS?  Wow.  Things must be tinder-dry.

I had a penpal for some time who sent a beanie bear at Christmas.  Every year.  A bear. 

Just let it roll off, like... well, a duck... 

Yeah, practically nothing. A few drops over the course of a few minutes last week, but that was it. Trees are turning brown now. Big trees.

Pen pals, as in, pen and paper pals, pre-email? How many years and how many bears?

'Kay, that made me laugh!

(07-08-2021, 06:43 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Can see the pic now - it must have been a momentary glitch when I looked yesterday.

I’ve got a few beanie bears - they’re all Christmas themed I think.  So only appear once a year (if they’re lucky)

I prefer a supernatural eggsplanation.   Whacked

Once a year if they're lucky. So... not your favorites, I take it? Or... you can't always find them behind all the books!

8 July - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: july8.jpg]
8 July - Pullip Zappa

Pullip Zappa does not look as impressive in-box as she does in her promotional photos. Perhaps this is why she has yet to completely sell out at PullipStyle.

Every time I look at the PullipStyle website I am tempted to purchase another Dilettante. She's so cuuuute! And her price has been reduced for quite a while now.
Well, she looks nice with the vintage-y filter, anyhow.

Did you get rid of your first Dilettante, or are you looking to start a squadron of classy secretaries to go with the Amaliae?
Auwe!! DE-BOX! DE-BOX!! How can you stand waiting!?
Of course the promo photos are polished… But, owner photos are often very interesting too.

(07-09-2021, 01:02 PM)davidd Wrote: Pen pals, as in, pen and paper pals, pre-email? How many years and how many bears?
Yes, real letters, from real penpals, of which I still have a dozen or so. There’s nothing quite like getting a real letter in the mail, from far away, with pretty stamps on it, with photos or clippings in it. Makes going to the mailbox fun.
I can’t remember now, how many years I wrote to the New York pal or how many bears there were. We were in our teens when we met.
I find dolls ALWAYS look better when de-boxed.
(07-10-2021, 11:28 AM)Elfy Wrote: I find dolls ALWAYS look better when de-boxed.

Completely off-topic: Tigers vs 'Pies on... well, Saturday in my time zone. Just after midnight. So... tonight, I guess? Or tomorrow night? Either way, I discovered that there is a station on the satellite network that carries AFL games, so I set the machine up to record the match.

Back on topic: today's Doll A Day pic will be posted tomorrow, along with tomorrow's Doll A Day pic. At least, that's the plan. The days have a way of veering decidedly off course recently. By "recently," I refer, of course, to the past 18 months or so.
Tigers v Pies is on at 4pm Sunday our time, if that helps? Elfy says you might see tge Pies win a game… Tigers are pretty bad this year.

Looking forward to seeing Zappa out of her box. I reckon every one of our dolls look better out f the box than in.
The filter you used for this shot works perfectly for her colour scheme though.
(07-09-2021, 01:19 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Did you get rid of your first Dilettante, or are you looking to start a squadron of classy secretaries to go with the Amaliae?

Dilettante Number One has decided she prefers a career in law enforcement, after discovering Melissa's "sexy cop" costume.
Meanwhile, Neo Noir has taken over as head of the typing pool.
A bevy of beautiful bureaucrats to manage the affairs of the Ameliæ is a good idea!

(07-09-2021, 02:31 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Yes, real letters, from real penpals, of which I still have a dozen or so.

You kept a dozen letters, or you still have a dozen real pen pals?
I used to have several pen-and-paper penpals. We would exchange pages upon pages of nonsensical rambling. It was loads of fun!

(07-10-2021, 11:28 AM)Elfy Wrote: I find dolls ALWAYS look better when de-boxed.

Especially dolls like Pullips with their flowing hair that is all plastic-wrapped in their boxes.

(07-10-2021, 08:19 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Tigers v Pies is on at 4pm Sunday our time, if that helps?  Elfy says you might see tge Pies win a game…  Tigers are pretty bad this year.

Looking forward to seeing Zappa out of her box.  I reckon every one of our dolls look better out f the box than in.

Coverage starts at exactly midnite tonight (so, midnight between Saturday and Sunday) in my time zone, so I'll probably record rather than watch live.

Some of the Monster High dolls looked better in box than out (Power Ghouls come to mind), but for the most part, yes, dollies should be unboxed.

- - - - - - 
- - - - - -

9 July - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: july9.jpg]
9 July - Monster High! Monster High! The Party Never Dies!
But... sometimes it needs some sleep!

- - - - - -
- - - - - -

10 July - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: july10.jpg]
10 July - Janie Grumbles About the Weather