Elfy's Doll a Week 2022
(01-24-2022, 05:24 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Those are pretty petunias.  Would be nice if they lasted longer than a year here.

Thank you Allie. Now we know what they are we can get some more when/if these ones stop flowering.
(01-25-2022, 02:57 PM)Elfy Wrote: Now we know what they are we can get some more when/if these ones stop flowering.
Deadhead them and they'll be less likely to get leggy and peter out.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-24-2022, 11:33 PM)davidd Wrote: Warmth, flowers, and swanky cocktail parties? You’re living the life now, aren’t you?

Are you saying that the Melbs area has gone from military enforced lockdowns to swanky cocktail parties? That’s quite a swing, isn’t it? Or… did you work your way in to the elite circles to whom the rules for the masses do not apply?

Which dollies went to the cocktail shindig?

I don’t know where you got that rubbish about military enforced lockdowns Davidd, but it’s not true. We haven’t had any type of lockdown since tge beginning of November, so we’ve been doing all sorts of social things - and travelling.

Sadly, none of the dolls are old enough to attend the Speakeasy where the party was, so none of them went.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(01-27-2022, 07:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I don’t know where you got that rubbish about military enforced lockdowns Davidd, but it’s not true.  

Sadly, none of the dolls are old enough to attend the Speakeasy where the party was, so none of them went.

I get most of my rubbish news of the world from the BBC:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58021718

I guess the military enforced lockdowns were mostly in the Sydney area, back last summer. (During my long-ago travels through Australia, I got at least a brief glimpse of the disdain with which the rest of the country views people from Sydney. A few times I was mistaken for being from Sydney and treated rather rudely; then when people learned I was from the States they were much nicer!)

A speakeasy? Your swanky cocktail soiree was at a "speak"! How exicting! Did you need a secret knock or password to get in? Or did you have to say "Friend of Bugsy" or something like that?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Didn’t need a secret knock or password, but the place wasn’t easy to find. Down an alley and the entrance was a plain wooden door. It was very cool and the cocktails at the party were incredible and varied.
(01-28-2022, 11:42 AM)davidd Wrote: A speakeasy? Your swanky cocktail soiree was at a "speak"! How exicting! Did you need a secret knock or password to get in? Or did you have to say "Friend of Bugsy" or something like that?

It was very swanky. No password needed, but it had no name on the door, so you needed to be “in the know” to find the place.

Our mobster bloke was Squizzy Taylor, so it would have been “Friend of Squizzy” if we needed one.

Id never been to a place that paired alcohol with food in a formal way. We had 5 little courses, and a matched cocktail for each. Only one was vile - it was paired with chicken & greens - and was spicy & not nice to drink at all. It was the only one that most of us didn’t finish at least half.
The last drink was the most fun - it got set on fire! (I think I posted a little video on my IG last week). Elfy couldn’t drink his as it was too strong & burnt his nasal passages, but I enjoyed it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yari has a new friend to hang out with her on the couch.

[Image: 51851053143_bfb4f1906a_c.jpg]Yari & Rusty

This is Rusty. He's a crocheted fox that we got at the same market where we picked up the donkey that Lejays posted recently.
What a cute little couch. Rusty is cute too. I assume Lejays will be attempting to make these as well.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-30-2022, 01:33 PM)Alliecat Wrote: What a cute little couch. Rusty is cute too. I assume Lejays will be attempting to make these as well.

Her ultimate goal is to make things like Rusty, but she says she needs more practice before she can do projects like that.
They look very cute together.

My next thing to try & make is a basket. A chance to try a 3D object with out the complexity of the little animals shapes.
(I’m trying a relatively flat butterfly at tge moment, but I’ve stuffed up the head so it’s in the yarn bowl at tge moment while I think about how to fix it).
Mr. Fox looks a bit worried - wondering, no doubt, if he is facing dissection to learn how he is made. Will Yari protect him? Whose side is she really on?
Yari likes Rusty. She likes foxes. She’s friends with Samire, and being a kitsune, she’s part fox.
This week our resident witch (Miranda) decided to have a dance in the moonlight with Tristan.

[Image: 51865266908_c392fb16a7_c.jpg]Moonlight dance
She’s so stunning in the moonlight. No wonder Tristan is so taken with her.
What a delightfully charming and romantic scene! Heart 2