Lejays17 2022 Doll A Week
Belle's outfit is adorable!
(03-01-2022, 12:25 AM)davidd Wrote: Caffeine junky Disney princess?
Belle is at least  LOL  Coffee means she can stay up & read All the Books!

(03-01-2022, 04:59 AM)Alliecat Wrote: The slightly cross-eyed ex-pression is cute. I’ve never seen any of the Ralph films; are they worthwhile?
I didn’t realise she was slightly cross-eyed until I opened the box.  Doesn’t detract from her cuteness at all.
We both enjoyed the Ralph films - heavily into 80s nostalgia & also computer gaming.

(03-01-2022, 06:31 AM)whimsu Wrote: Backing up just a tad (excuse me) but what kind of dolly is Violet? She's adorable. <3
Violet is a Gorjuss doll - they’re based on the artwork of a Scottish artist Suzanne Woollacot.  I love her artwork,, I’ve got quite a few bits & pieces with it on.  Back when I was doing cross stitch regularly, I had a bunch of the kits, which I really enjoyed doing.
I have 5 of them now, 4 are vinyl like Violet, and one is a rag-doll.  I love all of them.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I’ve been taking photos each week but have to organise a new photo site as I won’t be using LJ any more.

(Not interested in defending my choice to others, won’t reply to posts about it).

I’ve got a picture of George (Gorjuss doll) in a new dress, some of Ester on the Ferris wheel at Moomba, and then one like Elfy’s for this week in the garage.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(03-14-2022, 06:12 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’ve been taking photos each week but have to organise a new photo site as I won’t be using LJ any more.

I've been wondering about the LJ thing myself.  slash

I find Flickr is stable right now, and 23hq.com is still simple but adequate.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Seconding 23hq.com as simple and non-headache-inducing.

I refuse to pay for Flickr, and I keep meaning to delete some of my old pictures so I can upload new ones/ reorganize my albums, but I've been saying that for almost two years and still haven't done it...
Okay, finally organised an account on Flickr to hold my photos, so here's the last few weeks of shots - Elfy can confirm I've been taking the weekly shots, but I've been super-busy with work & stuff & everything just got too hard for a bit.

So anyway, on with the pic-spam  LOL

Ester's turn to visit Moomba in mid-March - she took a photo with the mural at the entrance.
[Image: 51994257353_00a9851f84_h.jpg]Mixed dolls by Kirsty Greenway, on Flickr

Evie & Jo-Meg are horrified by the state pf the garage - it's a huge job for 2 small dolls (which is why we got a truck with a couple of blokes to do it)
[Image: 51994257363_c01baef5ac_h.jpg]Mixed dolls by Kirsty Greenway, on Flickr

On my cut-short week of leave, Becky & I visited one of my favourite yarn shops.  Becky was particularly taken with the small scrappypacks of yarn. (the person who owns the yarn shop has 3 Blythe dolls on display, so I knew that she would be fine with me getting a pic of Becky in the basket - I'd chatted to her about them the last time I was in).
[Image: 51993196737_c7e00df0ea_k.jpg]Mixed dolls by Kirsty Greenway, on Flickr

Becky also vistied a yarn-show (a couple of friends were vending there), and was very careful with her yarn choices (me, not so much...)
[Image: 51994198156_0f9844ce88_k.jpg]Mixed dolls by Kirsty Greenway, on Flickr

After a stressful week-and-a-bit, Edith & I chilled out on the favourite beach.  There was no one else there, and it was wonderful.
[Image: 51994740650_5ed1f9792f_k.jpg]Mixed dolls by Kirsty Greenway, on Flickr

George got a new dress & hat this month.
[Image: 51994258038_056d3193f4_k.jpg]Mixed dolls by Kirsty Greenway, on Flickr

And finally, we went to a market this weekend, and I bought a crochet doll.  She does wonderful work, and I aspire to be able to do this at some point - I can knit, but its not the same as crochet (I'm learning, but only at granny-square stage at the moment)
[Image: 51994198356_dc1be76618_k.jpg]Mixed dolls by Kirsty Greenway, on Flickr
Yay, you're back! I've missed your pictures smile

I love Ester's dress, and that is an adorable platypus. Edith looks very chilled out. George's new outfit is super cute, and the crocheted doll is lovely... I really like her color scheme. Does she have a name?
Yay, nice to see you back with photos.  Hope Flickr works OK for you.
Going to the beach to de-stress is always a good idea!  Especially when no one else is there.
I like Evie's slightly disheveled ex-pression looking at the garage -- kinda like me around here.  I hearya, Evie.
Bet you had fun at the yarn shop & show, and cool that the shop owner has some dolls.
George is quite stylish, and the crochet doll is really cute!  How big is she?  I've seen some super cute ones on Etsy, but the sale is only for the pattern, so that's no use for me.  slash
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Platypus eggs, just in time for Easter! And here I had been led to believe there was an Easter bunny! Ya learn something new every day!

I’m back home but finding myself in the same state of overwhelmedness as your girls facing the garage: leaking water lines everywhere for starters, and the Internet offline, for starters. Wishing that I, too, could escape to your people-less beach and just disappear!
(04-11-2022, 11:52 PM)davidd Wrote: Platypus eggs, just in time for Easter! And here I had been led to believe there was an Easter bunny! Ya learn something new every day!

Well, technically we have Easter Bilbies, not bunnies (wild ones are pests!), which are just as cute as a platypus.
This weekend we went on an adventure, and Edith & Ari enjoyed the beach view from the picnic table.

No surfers, but we weren't that far (in an Aussie sense) from the famous Bells Beach which was having their world-famous surfing competition over the weekend.

[Image: 52015385009_88c7eb80e9_c.jpg]At the Beach - Easter 2022 by , on Flickr

[Image: 52015650200_43fb8b73f3_c.jpg]At the Beach - Easter 2022 by , on Flickr
A very peaceful-looking scene! I love their little table.
That's so cute, and I also love their picnic table. Looks like you had the beach pretty much to yourselves.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Interesting beach landscape, with the smooth rocks emerging from the sand. Looks like an intriguing area to ex-plore! Not too crowded, and not too developed!
It was late in th3 afternoon (about 4.30pm) and getting cooler so not as many people.

And I also arranged the shots to hide the people & dogs just on the other side of the outlet xp
There as a much busier beach right in Apollo Bay township, but we prefer ones that have fewer people for photo taking.
The rocks were very interesting - they reminded me a bit of the tessellated pavement in Tasmania

The picnic table is a Barbie one, and much easier to transport than the big one we also have. The flat rocks were great to set up on, a bit of stability