PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2022** (#52, Dec. 29)
Darla has recovered nicely from her surgery, it seems! She is very resilient!

The pumpkin twins are "squared away for winter" -- in the form of calorie-intense treats to afford you with extra insulation to keep you cozy during the chilly season?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Darla is rocking her new body. I thought I commented last week, but the twins look awesome!
(11-13-2022, 01:19 PM)davidd Wrote: The pumpkin twins are "squared away for winter" -- in the form of calorie-intense treats to afford you with extra insulation to keep you cozy during the chilly season?
Yes for treats, hopefully not extra insulation.

(11-14-2022, 06:04 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Darla is rocking her new body. I thought I commented last week, but the twins look awesome!
Thank you  smile

Can't believe I'm at # 46 already.  Six weeks left in another year of ... nuthin' much. 
I hope the few of us still keeping the lights on can continue with the pic-a-week/day next year, in hopes something eventually will be done to get the forum really going again.

PTFCo was pleased to welcome a new addition to the mini crew yesterday, but it quickly turned to disaster, as thanks to Groove's horrible packaging, the plastic forehead strip TOOK OFF HER EYEBROW.  Cry  I can't believe it....  I don't know if I can fix it; I'm not a faceup artist.  IF I can manage to mix a matching colour, I'm going to need a paintbrush with literally one hair in it, which means demolishing one and hope it's left useable.  If not, I suppose I might have to think about sending her somewhere for repair, which is really frustrating, because she was ex$pensive, and I saw a cheaper one not-in-box on eBay after committing to buy this one from someone on FB so I didn't like to back out. 
Anyway she is not ready for any closeups.  But she was welcomed.  She's very sweet.  She looks a little sad, and now she has reason to.  sad

[Image: 52511346715_2b53309a10_o.jpg]
Welcome committee.

[Image: 52510865671_5b02aa760f_o.jpg]
"Don't worry, Nanette... even if mum can't fix it, we'll love you anyway."  *hug*
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(11-20-2022, 10:51 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I hope the few of us still keeping the lights on can continue with the pic-a-week/day next year, in hopes something eventually will be done to get the forum really going again.

Coincidentally, I was thinking about that very thing just yesterday. Still just thinking about it, mind you. Not committing to anything definite yet.

The eyebrow came off? Stuck to the plastic head band? Oh, No, Nanette!   Oh My

Ya see what I did there, huh?   yay

I'm sure you can repaint an eyebrow. Is it the entire eyebrow, or just part of one? Maybe you could even touch it up with colored pencils. You might try that before using actual paint.

Nanette's costume and hairstyle are very pretty. She looks like... the admiral's daughter who would be abducted by pirates, and after haughtily and arrogantly declaring their vagabond lifestyle beneath her dignity, she would eventually succumb to the lure of adventure and join them.

Or maybe she's too sweet to do anything so rascally.

Best of luck with the eyebrow. I'm sure you can do it.
I guess you saw the damage on Flickr.  I can't imagine coloured pencil going on dark enough over a factory paint eyebrow.  And I feel like it would be harder to get off without further damage if I messed up.  I dunno, I'm not a painter  sad
I don't think Nanette is rascally.  She's just kind of sad for now.
She's going to have to wait for winter at any rate.  I just have way too much to do before a big deadline to even try to fix her.

Late again.  I'm falling off the pic-a-week wagon.  Or rather, the wagon of That And Everything Else is rumbling along threatening to get out of reach before I catch up, with me dragging along hanging onto the tailgate....
Dolls With Flowers, again.
Weather, the neighbourhood, and life, haven't been conducive to shooting outdoors, hence a hand-held snapshot on the kitchen floor at midnight.

[Image: 52525385467_b7a28519ae_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
You manage to grow exotic orchids in Canada in the winter, so I’d say you still have a pretty good grip on things.

Hand-held photos in the kitchen at midnight is how the doll-a-day/week game is played! I think it’s in the fine print of the rules somewhere. Your pic isn’t blurry, so that’s fudging things a little bit, but we’ll let it slide this time.
LOL

Big deadline? Oooh, what’cha workin’ on?
Quote: I can't imagine coloured pencil going on dark enough over a factory paint eyebrow.  And I feel like it would be harder to get off without further damage if I messed up.

I ex.perimented with Prismacolor pencils on the back of one of my Taeyang's head. I made small marks with three different colors of brown. They all looked fine. Maybe slightly paler than what they look like on paper, but not overly. Obviously the effect mixed with factory paint might be a bit different, but I do think you could get pencils to blend more easily than if you tried paint.

When I was done, the marks came off completely and easily with a single swipe of Magic Eraser. I don't think a single swipe of Magic Eraser would also take off the remainder of the factory paint eyebrow... My biggest concern would be that if you do manage a nice looking colored pencil eyebrow, you would need to seal her face after or else it wouldn't be super permanent.

Again, just my two cents, but it's worth ex.perimenting on the back of a doll's head (someday, when you get a chance...) just to see what I'm talking about  Happy

Daphne looks lovely, as always.
Yes, I agree about trying something on the back of her head.  It's a little encouraging to think I could wipe it off without doing too much more damage.  Gotta be an extreeeeeemely sharp pencil, right?  I wouldn't worry about sealing if I could get it fixed.  If it faded then I'd know I could do it again, I guess?  I appreciate all the tips & encouragement. 

Another week flew by in a state of overwhelm  sad  Just, UGH.
So, another late-evening dolls-with-flowers-on-the-floor.  Here's Nanette with a mini oncidium and a photoshop eyebrow.  (I sure don't wanna do that every time I photograph her, but I wish an actual  fix was that quick and easy.)

[Image: 52541613223_8a529d574e_o.jpg]
More wild and mysterious tropical foliage! I'm beginning to think your frozen windswept rock in the North Atlantic is a portal to the steaming jungles of The Hollow Earth.

The Photoshopped eyebrow looks perfect!
Your Photoshop and flower-growing skills are both super impressive!
Thanks, you two smile
The orchids are happy as long as they get the right light, temperature, and water -- just like any other plant.  And they bloom for months so they really pay you back for caring for them.
I copied her other eyebrow and flipped it, and then touched it up a bit. 

Someone else got a new body.  Sunsette's original was soooo floppy and I was beginning to worry about limbs coming off like Darla's did.  She's had a lot of adventures and travelled a long way on that body.  I had a couple of spares and this one's not quite a match, but it's sturdy at least.  She's a trooper; she was back up and at it before the glue was even dry on her wig  LOL

[Image: 52553029377_b35b12edd7_o.jpg]
"Whoa, mum....  this hasn't seen daylight in two years.  Are we going somewhere?"
Ooooh! ARE you going somewhere? Breaking out the Big Bag and giving Sunsette a sturdy body makeover! That sounds like travel plans to me!
Sunsette looks lovely, as always. When my niece was a toddler and got a bump or a bruise, she would say, "I want a new (insert whatever body part got injured... arm, toe, etc.)." She would be very jealous of Sunsette getting a whole new body! smile
I'd love a new THUMB right now, as I woke up with trigger thumb for no good reason  Rawr!  Can barely type, can't hold a pen properly, and it's interfering with everything  sad
It's one of a lonnnnnngggg series of catastrophes and near-catastrophes as the Forces of Nope conspire to thwart our ex!pedition and the reasons for it. 
The Forces of Nope have been throwing it down for days with too-crappy weather to go anywhere and get things done.  The crew is rained-in in Nova Scotia.

[Image: 52570302534_92f3ece9a3_o.jpg]
Sorry to hear about the endless rain, but... winter... in Nova Scotia. I would hazard a guess such weather is somewhat normal?

At least Sunsette seems to be getting on with the holiday decorating despite the setbacks.

The Forces of Nope sound like a formidable foe.