Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh that does look lovely. Making them all look in different directions works well.
(05-08-2020, 11:00 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I like the effect of them all NOT looking at the camera this time.

Thank you! It looks quite good, doesn't it? I should do it more often.

(05-09-2020, 02:45 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The phrase "pyramid o' hair" made me laugh!

The EAH figs look so much better in your photos than they seem to in real life.

wink

Thank you! Haha, I actually still feel like my photos don't do them justice.

(05-09-2020, 03:54 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh that does look lovely. Making them all look in different directions works well.

Thank you very much!!!

Day 130

Newcomers.

[Image: cb3e70e72a0cc229c756b1f9b9567294.jpg]

WARNING!
Depressive story ahead!

This is actually quite sad. My grandmother (not the one I posted about before - the one who gave me my fake bisque Briar Rose / Sleeping Beauty, this is the other grandmother) has been suffering from dementia for quite a while, but she was able to take care of herself with our help. But it got much worse after Christmas, she probably suffered some sort of stroke which made everything spiral down, and now she's unable to do anything, and she can no longer stay at home, she's in hospice care now. It's a sad way to wrap up one's life. She's not dead, but she completely ceased living. She suffers from sudden health issues of all kinds now, because while her organs are OK, the brain just can't handle them properly anymore. In the very rare moments her brain was 'on', she still recognized us, but most of the time, she didsn't seem to even register we're there. We weren't even allowed to visit her since she was placed at hospice last month, because all visits are forbidden due to pandemic. Our relationship was always... weird, but I never wanted to see her like this. I wish she could have enjoyed her last years in peace and pass away without pain.

There is no chance of recovery, so we are sorting her stuff now, because we will be renting her apartment to earn money for the hospice care. I decided to take these home and snap a pic of them now and then. They're bigger than my Briar Rose, but I still think they can be friends.

Sorry for the depressive rambling guys, I know this isn't a good time to read about this sort of thing. I'll post something more cheerful tomorrow.
Oh, I'm so so sorry dear.

Take all the time you need, don't worry about thing. Just... take time, I am hope you can feel better soon.

The figurines are beautiful.
I can relate to what you are going through. We also have a close relative whose decline began around the same time, and whose mental condition is deteriorating rather suddenly. Then this virus came along and these people who most need contact with those whom they know in order to hang on to even a tiny fraction of who they are have been totally isolated "for their protection," which only leads to a faster mental decline. It is tragic and infuriating.

But these little figures will remind you of better times, when your grandmother obviously had a finely developed aesthetic sense for intriguing and attractive decorative items.

I've been thinking a lot lately that those who are becoming forgetful, or those who have recently passed on, are in some ways more fortunate than the rest of us in that they do not have to deal with the insanity and oppression that are sweeping the entire world.
Neat colour scheme with the EAH girls. I like the purple pants with the gold pattern smile
It can be so hard to get everyone looking at the camera when you want them to. You think you've got it, then you zoom in and nope, someone's staring into space. A good alternative to make them obviously not looking!

The figurines are lovely. I'm so sorry about your grandmother. :'( As you say, it's no way for a life to end. Nobody should have to go through these things. And don't apologize... it's nice to think this little dolly family is a place where we can sometimes share IRL stuff. I wish your grandmother as peaceful and pain-free days as are possible now, and some comfort and strength to you and your family.
Hugs! Heart 2
The figurines are quite beautiful. Sad to hear about your grandmother. Unfortunately similar things happened with both my grandparents in Mum’s side.
we are here for venting and listening to you - i'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

The figurines are lovely. Particularly the one in front who is putting on her slipper.
Thank you very much, guys! The situation with my grandmother isn't entirely surprising, as her mother went through something very similar, except in her case, it took only a few weeks, not months (and counting). At this point, we're just hoping for a quick, painless departure.

Day 131

I promised a cheerful photo, because today was our weekly family lunch and I hoped to take advantage of my mom's balcony garden, but it is a stormy day and I have a migraine, so it ended up being a quick mig pic.

[Image: fea897ed2d9a874e00c0634d839af6cd.jpg]

At least Clawdeen is cheerful.
Oh wow, the colours on the vinyl MH figurs are just so bright? I love the slightly cheeky ex.pression Clawdeen has. Plus that hair! Stunning.
The vinyls were such a brilliant line, so ex.pressive for a non-moving piece of plastic.
Wait... where did my comment go?  Oh My

Oh... I know. I had typed it out. Then I skipped over to eBay to check current after-market prices on MH vinyl minis. And... I bet I forgot to hit "post."   slash

Duhhh....  Sweatdrop

So basically what werepuppy and Lejays said.   yay
The vinyls were really good. It’s a shame they never really took off.
Cute. Look at all that hair.
Speaking of stormy days... we got a bleepin' SNOWSTORM yesterday. In bleepin' MAY.
I mean, it was melted this morning, but it was still freezing.
That's enough to give a person a headache...
Hope your migraine is better soon.
(05-09-2020, 09:55 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2020, 11:00 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I like the effect of them all NOT looking at the camera this time.

Thank you! It looks quite good, doesn't it? I should do it more often.

(05-09-2020, 02:45 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The phrase "pyramid o' hair" made me laugh!

The EAH figs look so much better in your photos than they seem to in real life.

wink

Thank you! Haha, I actually still feel like my photos don't do them justice.

(05-09-2020, 03:54 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh that does look lovely. Making them all look in different directions works well.

Thank you very much!!!

Day 130

Newcomers.

[Image: cb3e70e72a0cc229c756b1f9b9567294.jpg]

WARNING!
Depressive story ahead!

This is actually quite sad. My grandmother (not the one I posted about before - the one who gave me my fake bisque Briar Rose / Sleeping Beauty, this is the other grandmother) has been suffering from dementia for quite a while, but she was able to take care of herself with our help. But it got much worse after Christmas, she probably suffered some sort of stroke which made everything spiral down, and now she's unable to do anything, and she can no longer stay at home, she's in hospice care now. It's a sad way to wrap up one's life. She's not dead, but she completely ceased living. She suffers from sudden health issues of all kinds now, because while her organs are OK, the brain just can't handle them properly anymore. In the very rare moments her brain was 'on', she still recognized us, but most of the time, she didsn't seem to even register we're there. We weren't even allowed to visit her since she was placed at hospice last month, because all visits are forbidden due to pandemic. Our relationship was always... weird, but I never wanted to see her like this. I wish she could have enjoyed her last years in peace and pass away without pain.

There is no chance of recovery, so we are sorting her stuff now, because we will be renting her apartment to earn money for the hospice care. I decided to take these home and snap a pic of them now and then. They're bigger than my Briar Rose, but I still think they can be friends.

Sorry for the depressive rambling guys, I know this isn't a good time to read about this sort of thing. I'll post something more cheerful tomorrow.

I am so sorry you have to be going through this. Even though you say your relationship with her was weird, I can only imagine the feelings you and your family must be going through right now.
Its nice you can have a  beautiful keep sake with ypu to remind you of better times.
(05-11-2020, 03:45 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow, the colours on the vinyl MH figurs are just so bright? I love the slightly cheeky ex.pression Clawdeen has. Plus that hair! Stunning.

Yup, they're very colorful figures. Their hair always makes me want the main dolls to have super long, super big hair.

(05-11-2020, 07:18 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]The vinyls were such a brilliant line, so ex.pressive for a non-moving piece of plastic.

I normally don't do figures - I like real clothes and hair and posability, but MH vinyls are amazing. Sadly, they were really ex°pensive here, and nothing past the first wave made it here.

(05-11-2020, 07:29 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Wait... where did my comment go?  Oh My

Oh... I know. I had typed it out. Then I skipped over to eBay to check current after-market prices on MH vinyl minis. And... I bet I forgot to hit "post."   slash

Duhhh....  Sweatdrop

So basically what werepuppy and Lejays said.   yay

Teehee wink

(05-11-2020, 08:10 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]The vinyls were really good. It’s a shame they never really took off.

Agreed. I also liked the Minis, which had the same issue - quite a bit pricey here for what they were, and only one batch of first sigs made it to Czech Republic.

(05-11-2020, 10:10 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Cute.  Look at all that hair.
Speaking of stormy days... we got a bleepin' SNOWSTORM yesterday.  In bleepin' MAY.
I mean, it was melted this morning, but it was still freezing.
That's enough to give a person a headache...
Hope your migraine is better soon.

Oooh, a snowstorm! In May! Roaring twenties, amiright?
Thank you!!!

(05-11-2020, 10:46 AM)Aichan Wrote: [ -> ]I am so sorry you have to be going through this. Even though you say your relationship with her was weird, I can only imagine the feelings you and your family must be going through right now.
Its nice you can have a  beautiful keep sake with ypu to remind you of better times.

Thank you very much. I do feel better after venting.

Day 132

Rainy day. Frankie's a bit cold, but we're very grateful for the rain. Czech Republic has been suffering from droughts for a while now, the winter was extremely dry, and it is getting really bad. The price of veggies is already going up. There's no system to collect rainwater, and nobody cares. The land needs every milliliter of water it can get, so I'm happy for every raindrop. Sorry to be so depressive again!

[Image: 9a3c7688141df1f1e144234910a21afb.jpg]