The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=7262063)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - davidd - 04-15-2019

(04-14-2019, 07:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: No, there was a normal colorful version, too. She was part of the elusive Skull Shores 5-pack (that also had Cleo and Clawdeen, who, to my disappointment, weren't released solo). .
Oh! I was not aware of this! I wonder if it was a "store exclusive" set? When Monster High was at its peak, there were Toys R Us exclusives, Target exclusives, and Walmart exclusives, in addition to the San Diego Comic Con exclusives and Mattel Shop Online exclusives.
Aha! An eBay search reveals that yes, the Skull Shores set was a Target stores exclusive! And it includes a full-color version of Frankie! A few sellers are offering the set at not too terribly hideous of a price. Slightly pricey, but not too terribly hideous. Perhaps, later in the summer, if finances permit....
Where I lived at the time, the nearest Target was a 1-1/2 hour drive away through heavy traffic. I made special trips over there two or three times specifically to look for Monster High dolls. Early on they never had any in stock; during later trips, the stock was small and only offered commonly available figures at higher prices than other stores, so I eventually quit checking Target altogether.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - neon_jellyfish - 04-15-2019

(04-15-2019, 03:56 AM)davidd Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 07:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: No, there was a normal colorful version, too. She was part of the elusive Skull Shores 5-pack (that also had Cleo and Clawdeen, who, to my disappointment, weren't released solo). .
Oh! I was not aware of this! I wonder if it was a "store exclusive" set? When Monster High was at its peak, there were Toys R Us exclusives, Target exclusives, and Walmart exclusives, in addition to the San Diego Comic Con exclusives and Mattel Shop Online exclusives.
Aha! An eBay search reveals that yes, the Skull Shores set was a Target stores exclusive! And it includes a full-color version of Frankie! A few sellers are offering the set at not too terribly hideous of a price. Slightly pricey, but not too terribly hideous. Perhaps, later in the summer, if finances permit....
Where I lived at the time, the nearest Target was a 1-1/2 hour drive away through heavy traffic. I made special trips over there two or three times specifically to look for Monster High dolls. Early on they never had any in stock; during later trips, the stock was small and only offered commonly available figures at higher prices than other stores, so I eventually quit checking Target altogether.

I always hated store exclusives with passion! Well, not the dolls, just the fact that they were store exclusive... There are/were some TRUs stores in Europe (none in Czech Republic), but none of the other stores, so we never got those releases (except for a few, Tesco had some two or three times)...

The SS pack, however, was htf, even more than other Target exclusives. I don't quite get why, though.

(04-14-2019, 07:10 AM)werepuppy Wrote: So, obvious question to ask here: what's her super hero name? Or is she secretly a villain...?

The "official" super hero (or Action Heroez, to be precise) names were the same as their regular names; I suppose the logic being that if you're that awesome, why would you want to hide it?

Being a Bratz, a hint of villainy is somewhat inherent, I think.

(04-14-2019, 07:59 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Bright superheroes are the best!  And totally going along with her superhero powers being able to wear the shoes with no problems

Yes, the bright colors show up well for TV news cameras! What's the point in being heroic if there's no media coverage?

Super strength means super-strong ankles; may as well make the most of it from a fashion perspective!

(04-14-2019, 11:05 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Adding to the string of people saying her power is to wear the shoes with no problems. I bet she can even run in them with no issues.

Of course she can run... as her pal Roxxi will demonstrate today... but given the option, she'd rather take a taxicab.

[Image: april14a.jpg]
14 April – Bratz Action Heroez Roxxi

Action Heroez Roxxi demonstrates an action heroez super power: running in platform shoes. Perhaps not running particularly fast, but running nonetheless!

[Image: april14b.jpg]
Bonus image: Roxxi takes advantage of a five minute window of sunshine to
show off the exciting neon colo(u)rs of her Action Heroez uniform!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - werepuppy - 04-15-2019

They seem a bit taller than the usual Bratz, and a little less pearish.

I still really love the bright colours of their uniforms, and Roxxi's calm ex.pression. It's like she's just analysing a situation, working out every possibility.

(04-15-2019, 05:24 AM)werepuppy Wrote: They seem a bit taller than the usual Bratz, and a little less pearish.

The Action Heroez are taller, and as you say, a bit less "pearish."  LOL

The legs are a somewhat flexible rubbery material, which offers a challenge in getting them to stand up on their own.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Alliecat - 04-15-2019

Well she's doing a lot better than me, trying to jog in winter boots. And a lot more fashionable too LOL

(04-15-2019, 02:08 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Well she's doing a lot better than me, trying to jog in winter boots. And a lot more fashionable too LOL

It's the cape. A colorful cape makes any outfit fashionable.  yay

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Elfy - 04-15-2019

I fall over just looking at those shoes.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - neon_jellyfish - 04-15-2019

Oh my, is she a beauty or what? I love her face and hair! And I wish I had these footwear superpowers, too!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - davidd - 04-16-2019

(04-15-2019, 04:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: I fall over just looking at those shoes.

I think they're Australian bushwalking shoes, for keeping one out of the reach of snakes.

(04-15-2019, 06:44 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oh my, is she a beauty or what? I love her face and hair! And I wish I had these footwear superpowers, too!

Yes, the Action Heroez have pretty face sculpts and face-ups. 

When bystanders cry out, "Look! Up in the sky!" they're not talking about Superman; no, it's one of the Bratz Action Heroez in her skyscraper-height platform shoez!

[Image: april15.jpg]
15 April – "Quick! To the Bratzmobile!"

Action Heroez Cloë: "Put your backs into it, you slackers! I thought you were all, like, super strong and stuff!"

Action Heroez Roxxi:"We're action heroez, not super heroes! There's a difference between 'action powerz' and 'super powerz,' you know!"

Action Heroez Cloë: "I do now!"

Action Heroez Phoebe: "I think there's way too much weight at the front of the car!"

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Alliecat - 04-16-2019

Hahaha, that's a great photo LOL One wonders how they got as far as they did...!

(04-15-2019, 02:50 PM)davidd Wrote: It's the cape. A colorful cape makes any outfit fashionable. 
LOL I'll have to try that. That would get the nosy locals talking!

(04-15-2019, 04:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: I fall over just looking at those shoes.
LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Elfy - 04-16-2019

Big shoes wouldn’t help keep you out of the way of our snakes. We grow ‘em big down here! Having said that I did see a snake in Tasmania, but it was a real titch. The only way I knew it wasn’t a massive worm was that it moved too quick across the track I was on.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - neon_jellyfish - 04-16-2019

Way Too Much Weight has very pretty blue hair! I love how you made the car look like it's really stuck in dirt!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Lejays17 - 04-16-2019

Great action shot with the Action Girlz. And funny captions, like usual.

The problem with those particular bush walking shoes is that they may save you from the snakes, but you’re that much closer to the drop-bears...
(When we visited the Devil Sanctuary on our trip, the guide showed us actual drop-bears. Or the basis for that myth anyway smile )

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - werepuppy - 04-16-2019

Well, the Action Girlz can be catty. It's a great action shot!