davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Here we go again: A Doll A Day 2019:

[Image: january1.jpg]
1 January – Current Complete Pullip Crew

I believe this is the first time I've ever attempted a complete Pullip Crew portrait.
In order of arrival:

Pullip Lala
Pullip Neo Noir
Pullip Amelia No.1
Pullip Amelia No.2
Pullip Laura
Pullip Amelia No.3
Pullip Amelia No.4

As with last year, I shall keep a running list here of new dolls and accessories I acquire as a direct or indirect result of other Doll A Day or Doll A Week posts:

January: none... so far
February: Dynamite Girls Spooki Sooki (influenced by the "goth girls" of werepuppy and neon-jellyfish)
March: none
April: none
May: Pullip Steampunk Cheshire Cat (influenced by neon_jellyfish and Lejays17)
July: Pullip Classical Alice (influenced by pretty much everybody), Pullip Amelia and Ashton-Drake Emily the Strange (influenced by myself), TBLeague/Phicen figure and Momoko Quietude Dedication (influenced by werepuppy), Tonner Lady Action (influenced by myself), Pullip EOS (influenced by neon_jellyfish)
October: Smart Doll Cocoa Mirai (influenced by Instagram), Pullip Amelia (influenced by myself)
November: Pullip Amelia (influenced by myself and my hoarding tendencies)
December: Hasbro Forces of Destiny Rey & Kylo (influenced by werepuppy)

Want List for the coming year (subject to changing interests and whims):

Pullip Eos - Acquired: July 2019
Momoko Quietude Dedication - Acquired: July 2019
Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki (original) - Acquired: February 2019
Dynamite Girls Spooki Sooki (The Return)
Pullip Amelia (ongoing) - Acquired: July 2019, October 2019, November 2019
Pullip Steampunk Cheshire Cat - Acquired: May 2019
Tonner Lady Action - Acquired: July 2019
Ashton-Drake Emily the Strange - Acquired x3: July 2019
Smart Doll Plus
Smart Doll outfits:
- Medium Smooth Bust - Acquired October 2019
- Long boots (x2) - Discontinued
- Socks (x2)
- Shoulder satchel
- Wednesday-style outfits (x3) if I can find such a thing
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Yippeee! Looking forward to another year of fun photos. And how nice to see all your girls together.
(Is it my imagination or do Laura and Noir look a wee bit nervous about all those Ameilas? LOL )
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Wow, I didn't realize that more than half your Pullip crew are Amelias!
(01-02-2019, 12:03 PM)Alliecat Wrote: (Is it my imagination or do Laura and Noir look a wee bit nervous about all those Ameilas? )

LOL Yeah, Lala probably feels she can blend in, but Noir and Laura do stand out a bit.
Is it possible that one day your Pullip collection will be all Amelias? I see she's on your want list for this year.
(01-02-2019, 01:28 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Is it possible that one day your Pullip collection will be all Amelias? I see she's on your want list for this year.

Several of us had a conversation about that a few months back. How many Amelias will it take to comprise a full flight crew? How many Amelia's would be required to repel a boarding attempt by Alliecat's red-headed pirate crew? The final number is yet to be determined, but it is apparently "more than four."
LOL
(01-02-2019, 02:21 PM)davidd Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 01:28 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Is it possible that one day your Pullip collection will be all Amelias?  I see she's on your want list for this year.

Several of us had a conversation about that a few months back. How many Amelias will it take to comprise a full flight crew? How many Amelia's would be required to repel a boarding attempt by Alliecat's red-headed pirate crew? The final number is yet to be determined, but it is apparently "more than four."
LOL

I do recall seeing it, I don't recall if I contributed.  Sometimes I'm in lurk mode because that's about all I have time for.
LOL. I didn't realize you had so many Amelias! Seeing them all together like this is funny!

Great to see you doing this another year!! And a funny photo to start it!
We have am Amelia, we call her Bea, and no you cannot have her!
Cover your ears everybody!
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't imagine how happy I am you're doing another year!!!!!!!!

Now, that's a unique crew! LOL
You need an Amelia, neon. Prior to me giving Lejays Bea for Christmas last year we called her Steampunk Bunny Girl. You need someone to transport your crew in their dirigible. Every steampunk story needs a dirigible.
(01-02-2019, 08:16 PM)Elfy Wrote: We have am Amelia, we call her Bea, and no you cannot have her!

One of my Amelia's (the one on the far left in the back, with her cap pulled down) came to me from England, so she of course has an English accent. But I still need one with an Australian accent!

Steampunk Bunny Girl is both an accurate and a charming description.

The airship is on my list of future projects. In fact, there have been at least two failed starts on that project.

Okay, and now... I POSTED TODAY'S DOLL A DAY PIC IN THE WRONG TOPIC!

Off with his head, that's what I say.

But anyway, here it is again:

Here we are, the second lousy day of this lousy project for what is already shaping up to be a lousy year, and I'm reduced to posting a lousy snapshot from Walmart:

[Image: january2.jpg]
2 January – The Stuff of Nightmares

I don't know what this thing is, other than, it's the kind of doll that reinforces the "dolls are creepy" reputation.

Maybe it's a baby Charlie McCarthy. Or perhaps one of the Gremlins took a page from Hannibal Lecter's playbook and created a suit of human skin as a disguise.

I hereby vow that this will be the last Walmart snapshot I use as an A Doll A Day 2019 photo. I may, of course, post the occasional Dollar Store or grocery store peg aisle photo, because those dolls are funny (or sad), but no more Walmart photos.
If I am reduced to Walmart (or Target or KMart) photos again, I shall stop.
Every time I see Luvabella in the store I am traumatized. She really is scary. She's like Baby Alive but uglier.
Ahh! That’s why she looked weirdly familiar! I used to have a baby alive doll.

The amount of Amelia’s were somewhere between 5 and 10 I think, or maybe 12? If you wanted to field a hockey team LOL LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
...That's a creepy doll, alright. But remember, Walmart photos of creepy doll absolutely count!

And don't let a little mishap get to you! I'm sure the year is just playing hard to get, it will get frendlier soon enough wink

(01-03-2019, 01:54 PM)Elfy Wrote: You need an Amelia, neon. Prior to me giving Lejays Bea for Christmas last year we called her Steampunk Bunny Girl. You need someone to transport your crew in their dirigible. Every steampunk story needs a dirigible.

I change my dolls' names and stories, so my Beatrix Brasschester, formerly known as Mad Hatter in Steampunk World, is my airship captain wink