The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=7262063)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - dargosmydaddy - 06-06-2019

At the very least I would open them just to make sure they contain the right doll! I think the longest I've gone without opening a doll was about two months, but that was only from the box itself, not the packaging box.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - davidd - 06-06-2019

[Image: june5.jpg]
5 June – Off the Hook Dolls at Walmart

Early in this A Doll A Day 2019 Project I vowed "no more Walmart posts." But today's Walmart "shelfie" is not... or at least not entirely... a lazy and desperate sloppy snapshot; rather, it is a documentation of what appears to be the beginning of the end for the cute and interesting Off the Hook dolls. Here we see that the original price of $7.97 has already been reduced to $5.97 (USD – €5.25 or £4.70). What is not as evident is that the dolls are relegated to only one-half of the very bottom shelf in one shelf section, and that the shelf is completely full, front to back, with overstock squeezed in on top. In other words, there does not seem to be much interest in the poor little things.

Aren't they adorable in their little hats, though? I wanted to buy them all!

But... I didn't want to buy them all enough to actually buy them all... or to buy any of them. I don't need to collect another line, particularly one that does not match the scale of any of my current collections.

It was interesting to see the "international style" packaging of these figures. We do not usually see international, multi-lingual packages in the U.S.

I've seen some cute photos of Off the Hook figures online, and I have been tempted by them, but so far I have resisted their charms.

As was discussed about another line in another topic recently, the Off the Hook dolls appear to be substantially over-packaged relative to the volume of the actual contents of the box.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - neon_jellyfish - 06-06-2019

I have to admit that I have no interest in these, I don't do plastic hair and clothes, but their concept is intriguing!
It's always a little sad to see a line go.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - werepuppy - 06-06-2019

I did pick up a couple of these mostly as they made me think of Pinky St when I saw them on the shelves. While the packaging waste isn't as bad as it is with Hairdorables (because seriously) it's still.... yeah, it's really too much. The one in the middle is really cute, though.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Lejays17 - 06-06-2019

Mysterious boxes containing cool things! Open them...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - davidd - 06-07-2019

(06-06-2019, 10:59 PM)werepuppy Wrote: The one in the middle is really cute, though.

Yes, I kind of walked around with that middle one in my grubby little mitts for a while before deciding to put her back.

[Image: june6a.jpg]
6 June – Quick Random Snapshot with an applied Filter App

[Image: june6b.jpg]
Same Random Snapshot with a Different Filter

Following in the footsteps, so to speak, of neon_jellyfish, I was too busy and tired to set up much of a photo today, so this is a quick snapshot of a random doll who happened to be standing in a partly disassembled Monster High castle, with some Instagram-type app filters layered on. The top photo uses Vintage Scene and the bottom photo uses Sketch Me!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Lejays17 - 06-07-2019

The Skech Me filter looks very strange - I can see what they’re trying to do but it’s not quite “real enough” to be a proper sketch.

The other filter looks much better

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - davidd - 06-07-2019

(06-07-2019, 03:00 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Skech Me filter looks very strange - I can see what they’re trying to do but it’s not quite “real enough” to be a proper sketch.

I intentionally selected this "less realistic" version because it looked more colorful and "pop-art,"  although admittedly less realistically sketch-like, than some of the other Sketch Me! filters. The app offers a number of filters, which themselves are adjustable, so it is possible to get a fairly realistic "drawing" look. Of course, some photos lend themselves better to the effect than others.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - neon_jellyfish - 06-07-2019

She looks so out of place, it's actually suspicious - in that 'she's a cute little girl but also the most dangerous inhabitant of the haunted manor' way. Never underestimate cute little girls!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - werepuppy - 06-08-2019

Yeah I have to agree with the "most dangerous inhabitant" feel to it all.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - davidd - 06-08-2019

[Image: june7.jpg]
7 June – Fraternizing with the Enemy

I did not want to use this pic as today's A Doll A Day photo, but it's all I ended up having at the end of the day.

Recent days have not been conducive to setting up photos. Tomorrow is not looking good, either.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - Alliecat - 06-08-2019

She really looks like she's giving him some side-eye there...  I hope you have some more photo-conducive days to come.  The filters are interesting.  I never get decent effects with the photoshop filters I have so I never bother with them.  Well, maybe a 'warming' filter rarely.  
The little dolls are cute.  I've never heard of these.  And never even registered about the packaging, because it would be quite normal to see French on packages here.  You should get one  wink

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - neon_jellyfish - 06-08-2019

I think it's pretty cool photo! I hope that following days will be better!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - werepuppy - 06-09-2019

There's a nice, relaxed atmosphere from the picture. Like these two get along quite well, and are just taking the chance to have a nice catch up.

Hope you get more time going forward!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2019 - dargosmydaddy - 06-09-2019

They both look kind of bemused, but in different ways.